Whats your ethnic background?

I like where this is going. (Only read the first page and was amused)
I'm Croatian on my mom's side and Dad's side is German, Romanian, and French.
My dad would like to consider me completely Canadian I was born here, and just a person who can't hear very well. He will never use the proper term that I call myself which is HOH. shakes head can never understand it.

you know whats creepy? celabs adopting mixed race babies b/c they want exotic kids, Now thats really just coming along as bad as human practiseing selective breeding on animals (domestic or sport anything) the point is its cruel to try master nature on the outcome of birth for their own whims...its just not on...and the celabs are creating MORE of those evil practises (think Madonna), and few more i cant think of some right now as im not *into this shit* nor bothered with google as right now im off to take dogs for a run

but yah i thnk its creepier, in this way...exotic by chance fine. but by deliberate or adopting...cuz its 'what they wanted' is just not fucking on...

Interesting,Grummer!

Here in VA,I see quite a few whites with adopted kids from Central Asia and East Asia. What's wrong with adopting some US kids for a change?

Years ago,I did know a married Orthodox Christian deacon. He and his wife
(Greco-Americans) adopted an African-American girl.

As mentioned in my previous post in this thread,I'm of West African,European
(British Isles,mostly) and Native American (Powhatan Confederacy) ancestry.

Interesting,Grummer!

Here in VA,I see quite a few whites with adopted kids from Central Asia and East Asia. What's wrong with adopting some US kids for a change?
They do. The problem is, there aren't enough American kids available.

my understanding, based on some experiences I've been aware of, is that in the U.S, there is a particular demand for certain children, and less demand for others, and also particular demand for younger children or babies.

Another issue is that if the parents are LGBTQ, some countries other than the U.S. <Depending on country> have less of an issue with it.

oh, ethnic background- some unknown.
Jewish

It irritates me when people asking me what my ethnic background are...so I gave them one simple answer: "American" :)

Whats the big deal?

In Canada and USA most new couples who adopt only want to adopt smaller children and there just isn't enough. They don't want to have to deal with a teenager. So they just want babies and toddlers which is wrong because I keep hearing on Ricki Lake "Even tho i can't stand her for some reason" she is quoted with saying "Adoption is a beautiful thing when done right."

Both parents are 100% Koreans.

My question is... since I've heard that I am son of Adam. But... Adam isn't Korean. How does I become 100% Korean, even I am son of Adam?

Sorry if it offend any non-religious or other religious ppl.

Officially, Japheth the son of Noah is European/Asiatic, Shem the other of Middle Eastern/Semitic, and Ham the another of the African/southwest Asian/Canaanite.

50 years ago, it was Japheth of Asia, Shem of Europe/Middle East/North Africa, and Ham of Africa, but whatever.. the info is somewhere in Genesis chapters 9 to 11

I like where this is going. (Only read the first page and was amused)
I'm Croatian on my mom's side and Dad's side is German, Romanian, and French.
My dad would like to consider me completely Canadian I was born here, and just a person who can't hear very well. He will never use the proper term that I call myself which is HOH. shakes head can never understand it.

You are a god-fearing Catholic, I take it?

Basically, my main ancestry is from the UK...

My mother's side is a mix of Irish and Scottish.

My dad's side is English and Welsh.

I do have Navajo in me, however, and I'm 1/16th. I'm distantly related to a Navajo code talker as well...but eh, I look like I'm from England let's say that.

My maternal side- Half Polish, half Sicilian (I refuse to say we're Italian). Sicilian great-grandmother came to US when she was late teens; I believe my Polish family had already been established in the US at that time.

My paternal side- Pretty much English, English, and more English. Through my dad's mother, I have an ancestor who first came to US in 1630s from England. My first ancestor bearing my surname showed up in Tennessee in 1804 or so, with each of my succeeding ancestors born in that state. My sister and I are the first in that line to have been born elsewhere since (FL). Allegedly though, one of our ancestors was the first white female chiefs of a First Nations tribe (Indian is incorrect, Native American is a mouthful, so I borrow the Canadian term).

On paper I am a Cuban-American. But since my family went into exile when I was at the age of one; and I grew up in the good old USA (...also ALL my friends growing up were Caucasian and Cuban culture was of little influence in my life), I am more of an American-Cuban than a Cuban-American. :D

What about all those in the Foster care system? They couldn't do that smh.
Not all the kids in the foster system are available for adoption. The parents haven't given up their parental rights so the kids are stuck. It's not a quick and easy process.

Back