What's Your Dinner Tonight -- Part II

Ensure shake! Because that's how I roll! :roll:

Today I am putting boneless skinless chicken tenders in the crock-pot with coarsely chopped shallots, smashed garlic cloves and a jar of tomato basil pasta sauce. Will be making brown rice in the rice cooker and having that with canned pears on the side.

I just ate clam chowder soup. I will be hungry in like an hour or so. I will go to food store to buy tortilla, chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes and lettuce to make chicken burrito.

Cream of asparagus soup, baked potato, apple juice, orange, and a cookie. :)

Never got the chicken out of the freezer, so we will have last night's planned dinner tonight. Last night, family had *gasp* Taco Bell. I had 1 orange, 1 plum, 1 banana and 1 apple dipped in hummus.

Fish sticks are cooking. Hurry up, I'm hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Well - still did not get chicken out of freezer. We will just have the pasta sauce over elbows and have canned fruit and call it dinner.

Well - still did not get chicken out of freezer. We will just have the pasta sauce over elbows and have canned fruit and call it dinner.

I know you have said you don't want a microwave; but thawing frozen items is one thing they are very helpful for.

Vegetable soup, milk, orange juice, cole slaw, and a Mounds bar for good measure. :P

I know you have said you don't want a microwave; but thawing frozen items is one thing they are very helpful for.

We are thinking of getting one now, but don't have a place to put it. Not enough counter space and I don't like the ones that go above stove and are a combination microwave/vent fan.

We are thinking of getting one now, but don't have a place to put it. Not enough counter space and I don't like the ones that go above stove and are a combination microwave/vent fan.

I think some can be mounted under upper cabinets but not connected to a vent fan.

I think some can be mounted under upper cabinets but not connected to a vent fan.

No room there either. Only 1 wall with upper cabinets and the are very large. The 12 cup coffee pot just fits under it. There's the upper double cabinet with 2 coffee pots and the lower single cabinet, the stove then a single upper cabinet and lower cabinet, with can opener then fridge all along one wall. Half wall has lower cabinets and sink.

No room there either. Only 1 wall with upper cabinets and the are very large. The 12 cup coffee pot just fits under it. There's the upper double cabinet with 2 coffee pots and the lower single cabinet, the stove then a single upper cabinet and lower cabinet, with can opener then fridge all along one wall. Half wall has lower cabinets and sink.

Put it on a rolling cart.

Kristina
Went back here http://www.alldeaf.com/pictures-videos/98090-kristinabs-garage-conversion.html as I thought I remembered you posting a floor plan. It does appear that you cut off part of the kitchen on the one you posted. But that combined with what you said in the quote above have me a bit uncertain about an idea that I got after the talk about the cart.

That is would you want to move the things that are on the bottom shelf of one of the upper cabinets and put a microwave there?

Another idea, although further from the rest of the food prep areas, is what is on the wall at the end of the kitchen that is cut off on the copies of the floor plan that you posted in the other thread? Would you want to put just an open shelf there at a comfortable height?

Kristina
Went back here http://www.alldeaf.com/pictures-videos/98090-kristinabs-garage-conversion.html as I thought I remembered you posting a floor plan. It does appear that you cut off part of the kitchen on the one you posted. But that combined with what you said in the quote above have me a bit uncertain about an idea that I got after the talk about the cart.

That is would you want to move the things that are on the bottom shelf of one of the upper cabinets and put a microwave there?

Another idea, although further from the rest of the food prep areas, is what is on the wall at the end of the kitchen that is cut off on the copies of the floor plan that you posted in the other thread? Would you want to put just an open shelf there at a comfortable height?

Did not cut off any part of the kitchen from the plans. They are done exactly as the plan are done. As to removing things from a cabinet for a microwave, that cannot logically be done as they have the dishes, glassware and the little upper cabinet has the spices. We have a separate pantry cabinet for the shelf stable food. If we get a microwave, we will be getting a rolling cart. There are other things we need to do before that is done though.

The part of the kitchen that you cannot see from the plans is a set in area that has the washer/dryer, water heater and the A/C inside unit. Wall between that area and the hallway has the pantry cabinet. We have another pantry cabinet in the back room as well as some steel shelves in the back room for the pots & pans, baking equipment, crock-pots, rice cooker, and fry daddy.

Did not cut off any part of the kitchen from the plans. They are done exactly as the plan are done. As to removing things from a cabinet for a microwave, that cannot logically be done as they have the dishes, glassware and the little upper cabinet has the spices. We have a separate pantry cabinet for the shelf stable food. If we get a microwave, we will be getting a rolling cart. There are other things we need to do before that is done though.

The part of the kitchen that you cannot see from the plans is a set in area that has the washer/dryer, water heater and the A/C inside unit. Wall between that area and the hallway has the pantry cabinet. We have another pantry cabinet in the back room as well as some steel shelves in the back room for the pots & pans, baking equipment, crock-pots, rice cooker, and fry daddy.

What I have added the bold to is what I was referring to as "cut off" on the copy of the plans that was posted. By looking at the plans as posted you get no idea at all of what is down at that end. You just get the impression that you are not seeing all of the room.

What I have added the bold to is what I was referring to as "cut off" on the copy of the plans that was posted. By looking at the plans as posted you get no idea at all of what is down at that end. You just get the impression that you are not seeing all of the room.

Sorry if you feel that way - we will let this thread get back to it's original purpose and not continue how dissatisfied you are with how I planned and talk about my kitchen or house.

For dinner tonight - I am still battling migraines, so I think it will be a quick and easy burgers and beans. Rice for the daughter. Nothing for me.

Back