whats wrong with my family?

Vorsia

Reaction score
they know im deaf they still call on the phone and talk to me like i can hear then say never mind im sick of this im going to stop talking to them ..my kids always have to yell out she cant hear you .....what should i do...:(

As long as you keep attempting to respond to them on the phone, I don't think they will ever get it. :dunno2:

Does everyone in your family have a PC? You could try communicating by IM (instant messaging).

Why do you have a phone where voice calling you is an option? Are you a person who is recently late deafened, so that they have always been able to talk on a phone with you?

I use relay but my mom dose not want to text and calls all the time and really dose not get it that my hearing is progressive to the point where i cant use the phone what do i do when people don't want to make the change with me. over to the deaf community and learn culture with me.. like there my family the very same people who say they love me..

Why do you have a phone where voice calling you is an option? Are you a person who is recently late deafened, so that they have always been able to talk on a phone with you?

Quite a few of the deaf/ people in my Deaf club have a voice line because they have hearing family members. That's also why I will not be able to get rid of my voice line. My family just tells them that I don't use that phone and then they give them my P3 number to call.

You may want to use the relay with vco. This way you can talk and read what your mom says. This may be a nice compromise. If you only have one phone line, use the computer to initiate the call. He relay will then call your land line, then call your mom.

It can be really hard for some adults to change, especially if they don't want to or cannot see any reason to change.

cheetch
where did you get that realy with vco ? how much is it ?

like tty or something like that im looking at them online..or will just stick with relay service for now my money is low theses days..

Quite a few of the deaf/ people in my Deaf club have a voice line because they have hearing family members. That's also why I will not be able to get rid of my voice line. My family just tells them that I don't use that phone and then they give them my P3 number to call.

That's nice. I wanted to know her specific situation.

I use relay but my mom dose not want to text and calls all the time and really dose not get it that my hearing is progressive to the point where i cant use the phone what do i do when people don't want to make the change with me. over to the deaf community and learn culture with me.. like there my family the very same people who say they love me..

If you have a landline, you can get a free phone, I think that is like Captel if you are a person who speaks.

They tried to give us one when we passed by the audiology in Sam's Club, but we don't have a landline, and never use a voice phone.

Then you don't have to hear you mother, just read and speak back to her.

oh okay seen the site will try it soon...see if i can get my mom to stick to it i pray she will so our lives can be easyer ,and my kids won't have to hear things maybe children shouldn't have to worry about..

that would be great im so happy i found this site i feel at home .. thank you alldaef members..

I am not sure Vorsia if my situation helps you. I am bilateral DEAF and use an UltraTech1140-VCO. I have Bell Canada TeleMessage Service which "tapes every incoming call"--A service which I pay for every month. I just access Relay Service 711 whenever there is an unanswered call. I do speak to the other party and Relay keys back whatever the other party says. I have used this for almost 15 years.

I do in fact have a Cochlear Implant but can't "hear" anyone speaking on the telephone.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto- Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

I use relay but my mom dose not want to text and calls all the time and really dose not get it that my hearing is progressive to the point where i cant use the phone what do i do when people don't want to make the change with me.

Do you have TTY?

I am afraid it is entirely in your hands.

Every time and as long as you pick up that phone to TALK to your mom
or anybody else, they'll continue to want to talk to you, not type.

So - your choice.

Fuzzy

no i just have a droid relay app on my dhone do not have a phone line in my house ...

Do you have TTY?

I am afraid it is entirely in your hands.

Every time and as long as you pick up that phone to TALK to your mom
or anybody else, they'll continue to want to talk to you, not type.

So - your choice.

Fuzzy

I dont have tty i just have a droid smart phone cell and i just put a relay app on my phone i hate at the moment ,do to the fact it always locks on me ...

Last edited:
I am not sure Vorsia if my situation helps you. I am bilateral DEAF and use an UltraTech1140-VCO. I have Bell Canada TeleMessage Service which "tapes every incoming call"--A service which I pay for every month. I just access Relay Service 711 whenever there is an unanswered call. I do speak to the other party and Relay keys back whatever the other party says. I have used this for almost 15 years.

I do in fact have a Cochlear Implant but can't "hear" anyone speaking on the telephone.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto- Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

drphill sorry to hear your CI didn't fix you all the way well it helps alot what you said about the use of ultra tech1140-vco ...hey have this in the us well you know when i go to vr i iwll ask with help paying for thses things .. thanks all ...

Back