whats up with these hearing people -2

deafgam

Reaction score
IN my other thread i posted.....Whats going on with all these hearing........or whatever i titled it, i was referring to those who cannot speak....but honestly NEED sign language should get all the support and teaching they possibly can. However....we do have SOME...SOME...SOME...mentally ill people who have decided to STOP talking on their own for some unknown tragic or past event that they cannot get over. They need sign, too, but counseling as well. Then we have the FAKES....real FAKERS...that just want attention , just want to play a game with signing and making themselves look and seem like something they arent. The FAKERS that want to use sign language to elevate themselves into a different world um...a different high, i dont know what their problem is. THIS IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO CONVEY thru my thread. The post has been abused, taken out of context, and misunderstood by so many. I make no apology for how i feel about those FAKERS. I am only referring to the FAKERS. It appears i ruffled a lot of feathers in my other post thru misunderstanding. Sorry about that. Hope this post has clear it up a bit. If not....i will have fun reading your post just the same.

Last edited:
VacationGuy- im not interested in throwing gas on the flames. Im trying to clear up some of the misunderstandings and hard feelings.

Well, we can't answer the question if we don't know what we are talking about. If there is something you have experienced, it may be something others have experienced. If you don't wish to name names then just an example will suffice.

Well, now that you mentioned it. I got some private messages from others telling me i had said some hurtful things to them in the first thread and posted it for all to read. Dont want to go back to the first thread and pull that out and repost. I feel bad for hurting others feelings. Its not right. I will say i am very Deaf and came from strong Deaf back ground. I tend to be very real, raw, and up front with my thoughts, feelings, ideas, opinions. I dont mean to hurt anyone. So that is why i tried to re-explain this thread again. In hopes it comes out better with others feels in mind.

Well, now that you mentioned it. I got some private messages from others telling me i had said some hurtful things to them in the first thread and posted it for all to read. Dont want to go back to the first thread and pull that out and repost. I feel bad for hurting others feelings. Its not right. I will say i am very Deaf and came from strong Deaf back ground. I tend to be very real, raw, and up front with my thoughts, feelings, ideas, opinions. I dont mean to hurt anyone. So that is why i tried to re-explain this thread again. In hopes it comes out better with others feels in mind.

If people are not willing to understand, then dont worry about them. U did your part by apologizing.

On the other hand, you had every right to express how you felt so if u felt better, maybe you dont owe anyone any apologies.

Often today, AD seems like a meetup place for hearing people who suddenly became enamored of ASL and deaf people because they saw a TV show, or feel disenfranchised in their own culture.

It's annoying how they take over.

I could care less if it hurts their feelings .

And you have the option to only accept PM from friends if you choose to exercise it.

and I'm just LOLing simply b/c it was such an elaborate thing.....that girl was extremely pathetic ... But I think we're very talented at rooting out the fakers in our midst!

Oh gosh....now i feel like i missed out on something...bahahaha....should they bring the sunshine back....no no just kidding...(giggle)

It happens. To be fair, you can't take the stuff on here too seriously. After all, there is no way you can even tell the gender of who you are chatting with on here.

I think the majority of people are honest and there are some who would get away with stuff if they could, a very small percentage are probably faking it.

In the case of people who want totally alternate lives, yes, I'm sure it is probably a form of mental illness.

However, I would caution not to lump these people in with those on here who admit to mental illness and display it. It takes a lot of courage to admit something of that nature.

Don't worry about what others think of you. While it's nice to be considerate of others feelings, at the same time, you shouldn't have to re-explain yourself when they perfectly understood you in the first place. Just be yourself.

I can understand how infuritating you are when it comes to people who fake their hearing just to reap their own benefits for themselves, not for others.

Perfect example is Sunshine (aka Sunny). Look her up on the members list. She's now permabanned. She was here for many months and totally faked her deafness here.

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/98427-like-sand-through-hour-glass-these-days-our-lives-lol.html

I did check Sunshine on the member list but there is not any, did you mean Sunshine1 with 1,449 posts? There is Sunny with 17 posts. Not sure which you meant. Yeah, that makes me me puzzled since I do not see "banned" on either username. Are you saying whoever that username is, is hearing pretended to be deaf?

I can only add that, when a hearing person takes ASL classes, they are often given assignments requiring them to "pretend deaf," like, "shopping while signing/silent," or "ordering from a menu while signing/silent." it's meant to give us the feeling of what it is like to be deaf full-time, so that we can be more sensitive to the needs of deaf people. But not as a way to insult the deaf. I hope you can understand.

Many ASL clubs organize silent dinners or lunches. I see nothing wrong with that. I considered it a good education. I had to pretend to be blind when I was in college. It was a good learning experience.

when i taught sign language classes through our local deaf services, i assigned the same assignment. at the end of our 12 weeks we all went out for silent dinner together. i had them all leave their voices at the door and tbey had to order their meals in signs. they had a blast. they had to communicate via sign and not voice during the meal. if they spoke any word, they had to pay up a chcolate kisses candy. at end of nite we counted the candies and declare winner. sure, i understand. students need those assignments to develop skills, experience the reality, and get a lil bit of understanding what it like to sign all time. great exposure.

I did check Sunshine on the member list but there is not any, did you mean Sunshine1 with 1,449 posts? There is Sunny with 17 posts. Not sure which you meant. Yeah, that makes me me puzzled since I do not see "banned" on either username. Are you saying whoever that username is, is hearing pretended to be deaf?

I am sorry, I did not think to check the members list to see if Sunshine was still there. (I'm certain it was "Sunshine"). After her permaban, her account may have been deleted by the mods. Yes, she was a 30 year old hearing newspaper editor in Canada and pretended to be a deaf 20 year old.

Back