What's the best way to clean out your ears?

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, the last few weeks I have been having trouble with my ears. It's nothing painful, just annoying. When I lay on my left side then raise up I feel like my right ear is plugged up so I have to pop my ear to where I can hear normally. But recently its been getting to where it will do this while I'm driving or just sitting there. I am thinking there is fluid buildup in my ears but because I have no insurance going to an ENT is out of the question. My question is what are some good ways I can clean my ears out. I have tried using q-tips with limited success.

I've also been getting headaches more frequently which leads me to think there might be something wrong with my sinuses. However I don't feel sick other than a sore throat coming on which happens about this time of year anyway.

I think it sounds like eustachian tubes. Are there any free clinics? Any doctor could give an antibiotic prescription.

I clean my ears by pouring peroxide in them, then using a q-tip when it doesn't feel like bubbling anymore.

But it sounds like your problem is deeper in the ear and needs a doctor.

I think it sounds like eustachian tubes. Are there any free clinics? Any doctor could give an antibiotic prescription.

I clean my ears by pouring peroxide in them, then using a q-tip when it doesn't feel like bubbling anymore.

But it sounds like your problem is deeper in the ear and needs a doctor.

I just use a Q tip to clean my ears out and my doctor said my ears look good! I would not pour and anything in my ears without checking it out with a doctor.
I think you should see doctor.
My ears are nice and clean but I get an earache in my left ear a lot. The doctor think my TMJ is the cause as he can't see anything wrong with my ear.

There is a clinic here but it offers only basic medical care. It does not offer any type of specialized services. Not only that when it was first set up I was between jobs and I went one time to figure out why I was passing out all the time, turns out it was my blood sugar. They set it up that you can only go one time without having to claim your income and you have to claim total household income. Me living with my parents makes this bloody impossible as we make too much altogether. It would be nice if I could find a way to get around the damn loopholes not so much to scam the system but to get some help.

I've been told by my doctor to use 1/2 warm water and 1/2 peroxide. Seems to work well. They also make drops. :)

I will try that in the morning to see if it will help. Once I get some income I will consider going to the doctor to see if it may be some sort of infection. It doesn't hurt so it's not an ear infection.

An ear syringe with 50/50 warm water and hydrogen peroxide.

Back