What's great about being Married?

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I'm going to see what everyone will say..opposite of "What's great about being single" Let rolls!

that would be misleading, as alot of marriage breaks up because of the LACK of it

oh a good thing about marriage? after break up you can legally steal half of everything your ex have...even if you didnt have a job of your own, or equal (less) asset than the partner in the first place..

For a lot of women, what's great about being married is "security"...and for the men, I would say a mate who is willing to put up with him....(??) j/k !!

Someone who is always there for you no matter what.

that would be misleading, as alot of marriage breaks up because of the LACK of it

oh a good thing about marriage? after break up you can legally steal half of everything your ex have...even if you didnt have a job of your own, or equal (less) asset than the partner in the first place..

I was kind of, how do you say, sarcastic? But, is doesn't change fact that you can have sex anytime you want provided both partners are willing.

Singles can as well but it could mean many different partners and risk of getting STD.

Someone to help keep you warm and also to help pay the bills. (provided they are working)

Marriage is great as long as the woman marries a man, not a guy!

Lesbians don't have to worry about guys or men. Lucky! :D

Well - in my case, hubby had such low self-esteem and did not believe in himself, but we have a good marriage. He still doesn't believe in himself enough and more times than not, I am the one to "wear the pants in the family". It has gotten worse since moving back in with MIL, but we are making it.

In my case, I was dating "guys," like Charlie Sheen, guys who partied all weekend, didn't want to commit to just one woman, etc., so I was the one with the low self esteem. Sometimes I would even date guys who were lazy, no job because they didn't have to have one (lived at home, mom didn't kick them out).

Then I started dating my husband, a man who, yeah, had a beer now and then, but wanted to be with the same woman, owned a house for 15 years, had the same job for 20, etc.

My life is so much better now!

After 10 years with my high school sweetheart my opinion on this has changed many times lol. Currently it's that unwavering comfort and support when sticking out the hard times. My husband was recently laid off and is on free internship with a new job so with 4 kids an bills it's been hard.

I agree with OP. What is point of getting married? You have to spend lot of money on wedding then you re risking yourself by getting divorce which itself would cost you money in the process. Silly really.

I agree with OP. What is point of getting married? You have to spend lot of money on wedding then you re risking yourself by getting divorce which itself would cost you money in the process. Silly really.

Elope to Vegas.

I eloped with my 2nd hubby...we had a nice party afterwards!

Lesbians don't have to worry about guys or men. Lucky! :D

Lesbians can be jerks like men too! When I was training with Finlay at NEADS a lesbian was getting a hearing dog and she was really bossy with her partner. I did not see why the partner put with that crap!

Back