What would you do if your friend left his/her wallet at your house?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Your friend came and visit. He left his/her wallet at your house. What would you do?

A. Mail out the wallet. Expect no payment.
B. I'll pay to mail out your wallet. Just pay me back when you see me.
C. You pay me first. I'll mail it out.
D. You'll have to come here and get it. I don't want to do anything.

I would've texted friend to let them know that they have forgotten their wallet... that would give them time to turn around and pick up their wallet. Otherwise give it back in person when meet them.

depends where they live..if they travel miles just see me then I post it and pay or phone them ask if want come get it or I pop it back

Text or call them right away , b/c if they get pulled over while driving they're going to need their driving license .

Let them know asap so they can come get it. Too much could go wrong if you mail it.

I would contact my friend immediately and ask what they would like me to do; that is, mail it, hold on to it, or some other method.

Buy pizza and beer with their credit cards and then throw it away so they can report it stolen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I'm curious. If your friend chose to have it mailed, would you ask them to cover postage or tell them to not worry about it?

Give it back to them, simple as that. If I had to take it to them, mail it to them, or whatever, so be it. I have found two wallets, one with $753 and one with $340 and I didn't even know either of them, but I returned both to them with all contents found in the wallets to each person and would not take money for returning them. If we all treated each other like we would want to be treated, the world would be a much better place.

Depends on the friend and if you can afford it bro. you could always use the card in the wallet to pay for the return postage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I'm curious. If your friend chose to have it mailed, would you ask them to cover postage or tell them to not worry about it?
You shouldn't even have to ask. The friend should make the offer to pay, especially if he wants it sent overnight.

However, if you're feeling generous, and you know that you can afford it better than your friend can, you can offer to cover the cost.

E. Max out all the cards and spend all the cash...lol

Nah, been there a couple times. Give them a ring and let them know , then either of you can make the run or meet somewhere.

My friends and I usually would meet somewhere for lunch and sometimes they would even buy the lunch. I have done the same with my wallet and cell phone, I would usually offer free lunch on me. Its an awkward feeling to mis-place your cell, even worst when you lose your wallet!

This is not a car you're buying here. How cheap do you have to be to want to be reimbursed 5 bucks? And this is your friend here too not some asshole stranger. I don't know if Id want to be your friend if you're demanding small stuff like this.

If I were to find a wallet here that this person forgot, I'd inform about their wallet and what this person wants to do... either come back to pick up or I go over there to hand it back to them. If I were to drive over there and hand it back... all this person has to do is say thank you. It is all about showing respect and compassionate. There is no need for payments or reimbursement to help your friends... we all forget things sometimes. There's no reason to become greedy to demand a small fee or reimbursement.

If this friend lives a distance away, an arrangement can be made to either mail it to them or meet half way. If you mail to them, they will usually get it the next business day. If this person urgently needs the wallet, and offers a reimbursement for the fuel costs, at least this person is being considerate of you and shows respectful that you are honest person. To earn respect and trust goes both ways. :)

I found a woman's wallet on the sidewalk and I called her house when I got home. Her husband said his wife been crying all day b/c she had just cash her pay check and was taking her kids to buy an ice cream cone. The guy came to my house and oftener me reward , I refuses but he really wanted me to take it b/c he never thought they would get the wallet back with all the money and credit cards still in it.

Sneak a peak....Nah I would definitely get it to them as quickly as I could. If it was me with the lost waller I would hope my friend would do the same.

Had this happen the other day. I sent a text to the person and she came right back to get it. If she was not able to, I would take it to her.

Back