What will you do if...

MsGiglz

Reaction score
Your child didnt do well in school quite long time..(elementary or middle or High school)..

a ) pull child out of school -- start homeschooling...
(if you are stay home mom)

b ) move child to different school...

c ) try to make child work out with that school..

I will tell my reasons after I hear from you guys :D

b... move to a better school. I guess. My kids are not even in kindergarden yet.

I really dont know about your country law.

Here is mine accord German law:

German School Official Declares "Homeschooling Illegal"

PADERBORN COUNTY, Germany, January 12, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A German school official has ordered seven families homeschooling their children in Northwest Germany to enroll their children in public schools immediately, or the children will be forcibly removed by police and taken to school. Any resistance on the part of the parents will result in the children being removed from their homes, according to a Home School Legal Defense Association report.

The families argued that, as Christians, they wanted to protect their children from the godless and humanistic values being taught in public schools. They also assured officials that they were providing an adequate education through a German correspondence school.

County education director Heinz Kohler dismissed the families' beliefs, stating, "you and your children are not living in isolation on some island but rather in an environment posing intra- and extracurricular situations where you'll have to accept that your world view will be curtailed."

Kohler further explained that homeschooling could not be allowed as "children should not be encapsulated or kept apart from the outside world. In these cases, the parents' rights to personally educate their children would prevent the children from growing up to be responsible individuals within society…"

The Home School Legal Defense Association is calling all those concerned to contact their German embassy to voice disapproval of the measure:

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/jan/05011203.html

I will add mine on next post soon.

I would home-school while looking for a better school, prolly a private one.

Here is my answer: (like what I say on my first post that I dont know about your country). I'm here to tell you what I know about my country.

Accord German law is illegal!

It means that child will have one year back if he/she move to other school. (Example: If your child is on 6th Grade at present school and not happy with it and want to move to other school. It means that your child will have one year back to 5th Grade if you want to move your child to other school). (To my opinion, I would not do that).

c ) try to make child work out with that school.. [/b]

If your child need a help then apply student as tudor to private coaching your child to improve his/her writing/reading/math skills during after school time. If you has no money to acheive the tutor cost then check with welfare service with the proofs from your child's teacher. They will support you with the cost after check your fiancinal matter how much income you and your partner has etc. That's all I know accord German law.

Let Americans answer your posts because I dont know either my post is same as your country. I would suggest you to check with your child's teacher about those condition before you know what/how you can deal with your child.

Last edited:
I would have to say it depended on what the problem was. If my child was the one who is not paying attention, etc...then I would struggle to ensure that my child is doing everything that the school expects of him or her. If I feel that my child is truly trying to succeed and cannot, then I would look a little deeper and make several trips down to the school and see what the problem was. At any rate...it all depends on what the general problem would be. Changing schools would be a little extreme a move, and it wouldn't be too easy on the child...to have to pick up in the middle of a term and be thrust into a whole new environment.

Mornin', Malfy. My post flowed with the assumption that there was something severe enough going on to make a change....so I opted for homeschooling which is legal here.

Tousi said:
Mornin', Malfy. My post flowed with the assumption that there was something severe enough going on to make a change....so I opted for homeschooling which is legal here.

Hey, Tousi. :wave:

Unnerstood!!! ;) Sure hope that works better!

Malfy, thanks and now that that's outta da way, I really wanna know what you'd do. Ya can't let yer boy stay at that school....

MsGiglz said:
Your child didnt do well in school quite long time..(elementary or middle or High school)..

c ) try to make child work out with that school..

All of these answers are good but it depends on the situation on WHY he is not doing well in school.

Bullying?
Learning disability?
Overcrowded classrooms?
Bad teaching staff?
Personal problems at home?
Anger?
Lack of motivation to do well?

And many more ...so I can't just pick one of these answers. It is case by case situation.

Yeah, I happen to agree with Meg here, it's depending on the situation why he not doing so good in school...

Since the child hasn't been doing so good at school for quite a long time could be that he wasn't paying any attention, not doing his school work, or could be that he been picked on for so long, or etc, I can't pick an answer when I don't know the real reason behind this and why he not doing so good in school ...Like I said it depending on the situation the child is having trouble with trying to do improve in school...

Wow this is one interesting thread - no, Im not a parent, but a godparent, both christened and "adopted"... and Im worried about one of my boys... so this is helping me and hopefully help my good sista friend, his mother...I will be letting her know about this thread.

Thanks, AnnieGiglz, for bringing this up!!! :SMACKIES:

Meg said:
All of these answers are good but it depends on the situation on WHY he is not doing well in school.

Bullying?
Learning disability?
Overcrowded classrooms?
Bad teaching staff?
Personal problems at home?
Anger?
Lack of motivation to do well?

And many more ...so I can't just pick one of these answers. It is case by case situation.

True, that´s what I said at my earlier post:

I would suggest you to check with your child's teacher about those condition before you know what/how you can deal with your child.

Liebling:-))) said:
I really dont know about your country law.

Here is mine accord German law:

German School Official Declares "Homeschooling Illegal"

PADERBORN COUNTY, Germany, January 12, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A German school official has ordered seven families homeschooling their children in Northwest Germany to enroll their children in public schools immediately, or the children will be forcibly removed by police and taken to school. Any resistance on the part of the parents will result in the children being removed from their homes, according to a Home School Legal Defense Association report.

The families argued that, as Christians, they wanted to protect their children from the godless and humanistic values being taught in public schools. They also assured officials that they were providing an adequate education through a German correspondence school.

County education director Heinz Kohler dismissed the families' beliefs, stating, "you and your children are not living in isolation on some island but rather in an environment posing intra- and extracurricular situations where you'll have to accept that your world view will be curtailed."

Kohler further explained that homeschooling could not be allowed as "children should not be encapsulated or kept apart from the outside world. In these cases, the parents' rights to personally educate their children would prevent the children from growing up to be responsible individuals within society…"

The Home School Legal Defense Association is calling all those concerned to contact their German embassy to voice disapproval of the measure:

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/jan/05011203.html

I will add mine on next post soon.
What? Homeschooling is not allowed in Germany? Wow. I prefer the homeschooling over the public schools anytime... In America, under Religious Right's control, the last thing I want to have my child(ren) to be brainwashed by their 'education'.

If I am in Sweden, I will send my future child(ren) to the public schools. Ohter than that, I prefer homeschooling over the public schools in America at any time.

MsGiglz, if I somehow send my future child to the public school and s/he is having some kind of problem (depends on situation and reason)... I will pick the homeschooling over these choices but again, it is depend on my 'future' wife or girlfriend and situation/reason.

umm, i am not sure but i am god mother.. it depend on child not listen teacher or not... or not brave at school.. it DEPEND ON!

Ok.. Sorry for delay my reasons... (been busy)

First of all, I finally commited to become homeschooling teacher for my 2nd daughter who is 12 years old, that I should have done long time ago when I first detected her problems.. So far.. I have been so busy to collecting books and learning stuffs from MISHE (homeschooling organziations) but not much at this moment because the funds ran out in the 1/2 year of the year.. they give out funds in late summer.. but kind nicely enough for people who had their kids finished books and learning things.. gave to me and my daughter..

Let me brief of her history... it's been 4 years straight.. she almost fell back her grade but school gave her chances.. the more they give her chances she start to failing more..

I already have her tested for dyslexia to see if she have problem and hearing tests.. she passed all those areas.. I start to seeing her characters.. laid back, laziness and not really motivation in learning.. I have tried get her tutors but the schools didnt provided right away.. Also, peer pressure stressed her out.. she broke many our rules.. and I was disgusted by her school though.. when she had her pms-- she dont want go swimming in gym class recently, so i wrote note to excuse her from gym.. her teacher ingored my note.. I felt so voliated and informed the princpial and school district.. they said they will overlook the problem.. and again month later, she had her pms.. and of course dont want go in swimming.. I wrote note, her teacher made her to wear tampons.. I was like.. :mad2: and stormed in prinpical office that its UNCALLED FOR!!!! know what she said? "thats part of our policy" I was like.. ???? I am the mother, I have rights to make decisions for my children.. after that I requested for tutor.. they didnt help at all.. my daughter's reports went steep.. I dont blame her.. she felt voilated from that trauma experienced.. I tried to encouraged her to keep up in school.. she ingored and hang out with friends.. got in trouble..

So, thats my point.. I pulled her out from school and homeschooling.. of course she was exterme upset.. I showed her all the works.. and told her that she and i will be more bond.. she seems accepting but give her time.. phew..

I talked school district that I pulled her out from school.. and notify prinpical.. they said come back tomorrow with their interpreter.. they asked why and reasons.. I said.. :nono: not without an interpreter..
All I plan to say.. Its my friggin decisions to have her homeschooling.. sue my ass if they want to! ..
:D

(sorry, if i sound harsh-- its frustration between her and school for quite long time.. its time for me to do something since I am stay home mom so why not.. and i have supplies ready and computer disks ready too.. i just want her to a better person and good educations.. not a failure.. )

Back