What was the last movie you watched?

Girl Interrupted

It’s a pretty old movie but I guess I liked it enough to watch for the hundredth time. It’s a roller coaster of emotion though, in my opinion. Parts of it make me laugh..cry..sad and even mad.

Last movie I watched was Cast Away. It's not as good as I remember as a child. But it still is a good film to say it is mainly just Tom hanks for the whole movie.

Star Trek 4.

Scott: "Let there be Whales" The film is easier when you understand what it took to produce it. For example Chekov did a off script act with a lawman asking for directions to Navy Base at Alameda for "Nuklear WESSELS" in a heavy Russian Accent. The Lawman was not formally part of the movie and took the situation in his way.

It could have been difficult because it was pretty much the cold war era. Most young ones alive today do not have the memory of living large 30 minutes from heaven or hell delivered by missile Gauranteed. (A play on a old Dominos Pizza Commercial)

The Enterprise's CIC detecting a radiation leakage in a space full of such is a bit of a reach (Probably got in the habit from all that starship stuff.) Never mind the search radar lit up and energized in dockside. It would have nuked half the City's Television Sets. (But its a MOVIE....)

I found the movie a good reminder of what life was long before computers and cell phones. Which leads me to the 386 computer scene with the first version of graphical user interface combined with a ball mouse bigger than your bible at the Aluminum Plant. Pretty painful.

For a multimillion dollar movie production they could have at least fixed the failing power steering pump on that darn old Pickup truck.

If you have not seen it try the Children of a Lesser God. Created back in the 80's Its considered one of the cornerstones of the deaf world presented to the hearing in general it went over very well. Although very controversial when it was made for a variety of reasons.

Raiders of the lost Ark, can't beat the classics!, Harrison Ford has always been an awesome actor.:whip:

Tremors.

I was perusing Netflix the other night and came across this and had a total nostalgia kick. Kevin Bacon looking fresh faced at 32. I found the puppets used instead of CGI very refreshing and added to the fun.

Sure, it was cheesy in places but the 90s, oh why did you have to leave.

Gutted to learn they pulled a mini series lately with Kevin Bacon in it.

Old thread, but still active! I like that!
I just saw "Nobody". A common plot line, but with fresh approach. I think it's worth seeing!

l dont watch many movies but l do watch a lot of british TV series as l live in UK. Im a total fan of 'Midsomer Murders' so lv collected all their DVD's now and tend to watch a ep each night.
l once read the series is very popular in Japan but they think all UK villages are like those in 'Midsomer Murder' lol
good job they are not as l live in a village lol
hubby bought 'invisible man' last Frid to watch...freaked me out lol.

Hey Paris, I wondered who watched them dramas, :D welcome to Alldeaf btw.:h5:

Hey Paris, I wondered who watched them dramas, :D welcome to Alldeaf btw.:h5:
thanks Mart for the welcome :). midsomer is very popular in Uk, always having repeats on TV ( l think you call them re runs in USA ) what UK series do you get over there ?

thanks Mart for the welcome :). midsomer is very popular in Uk, always having repeats on TV ( l think you call them re runs in USA ) what UK series do you get over there ?
Hey Paris, I'm from the UK too, South of England, guess you didn't noticed, :D

you should check out the channel ( talkingpictures tv ) they only show old classic shows, dramas & classic movies, mostly all British.

Some shows bring back some good memories when I was a kid.

Hey Paris, I'm from the UK too, South of England, guess you didn't noticed, :D

you should check out the channel ( talkingpictures tv ) they only show old classic shows, dramas & classic movies, mostly all British.

Some shows bring back some good memories when I was a kid.
lol, sorry didnt realise you from Uk lol..not heard of that channel, will check it out this afternoon, many thanks.

I watched Lincoln in the original in blue ray DVD earlier.

Its kind of... hard going with the old fashioned speaking from 150 years ago, however the film is particularly good. I suppose under the current administration it might eventually be censored or banned as contraband or fake movie. =) /satire.

Im just happy that they were able to present the process of organizing and overcoming a range of events ongoing in the early 1865 to April of that year. It was such a important time. The one thing the Movie failed to address in history prior to that time period specifically about the 13th Amendment and a few other really important stuff is that Britain and France considered recognizing the Confederate States as a new Nation sometime during the US Civil War. However, England was reliant on wheat to feed her People from Russia who sailed a battle fleet into the ports and harbors of San Francisco and NYC for a period of 6 months to be used by President Lincoln should France and England declare war on the United States and try to break the blockade.

A part of the movie that will be difficult for some is that the Lincoln's wife Mary who they lost their son in about 1862 or so took alot of life out of her. They did not want their current suriving son to go off on his own as he wanted (As most adult sons do..) and get destroyed in war that was essentially over. To some I would consider calling the Presidents Wife a sort of a Medium or a Seer to use a broad word describing her situation in life versus the enormous loss that threatened her very ability and mind. Thats how she coped with it. But not in a way that is easily fit into Society at the time that required her to be smiling and greeting at Balls and Parties etc.

However, be warned. You will find there are many people involved in the film and the makers tried to do it in a good easy to watch way, and all of them were concerned for Lincoln or against Lincoln's desire to see the 13th Amendment pass. (The Senate had already passed and once the House votes yes to it then its part of the US Constitution forever.)

That leads me to another cautionary thought. Im pretty certain there are some younger ones among us who do not necessarily have to confront racism however the film does address it from some of the Congress people who were supporters against the 13th Amendment and certain very BIG questions come up. Its done in a very tasteful and diplomatic manner however it was quite a different time. Which is why there is a caution in that film for viewers to understand that some content may be upsetting or require additional learning. Because generally it is not taught in our existing educational system.

The best thing is how some people were sufficiently smart to take a huge issue or question and reduce it with a simple story telling that anyone could understand the situation clearly and think for themselves what they want going forward.

Back