What was the last movie you watched?

My boyfriend took me to see Gravity 2 weeks ago. It was really good! I was kinda surprised. Very dramatic though.

Frozen is next on my list.

Filth, - what a film, not for everyone, I liked it.....only view it with your foul mates, keep the posh ones away for that night
but oh, on hindsight when i been thinking about this film today (good ones tend to have you thinking about it day after). i realised it is one of the funniest film , well its very MEAN.....but it's just disgustingly low but FUNNY.....

Last edited:
Escape Plan....

good typical "remake of 90's genres' i love it...

so typical is cheesy but call it a high-grade cheese!!

lol reccommend for fun viewing

nitpicker need not apply....its just fine mid range budget made on a big budget...

Welcome to the Jungle, a so and so comedy, likable and yet predictablefew good liners but really its crap over all

afternoon delight, now that's a good movies......one of the those fewer American film which takes a slant towards 'slice of life' , good piss-take on class and socirty and many themes...
i liked it...

"Pacific Rim". Giant Robots, biiiiig monsters, lotsa fighting, and whats more its a Guillermo del Toro film! Loved it :)

From On Up Poppy Hill, a Studio Ghibli film. OK, but not as good as some of their other films.

fid13063.jpg

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (based on the book by Steig Larrson). Foreign film but had english subtitle. Very good- held true to the book but a lot of stuff was missing like the interactions between Blomkist (sp) and the staff at Millennium. Some scenes were...brutal but definitely more visual and compelling than the book.

Wanted to see Frozen this week but we didn't go out (good thing anyway- snowed that day).

Mary Poppins I wonder why I haven't seen it till now. Anyway, I liked it very much. I'm glad that PL Travers didn't get what she wanted. It wouldn't have been a very good movie.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (based on the book by Steig Larrson). Foreign film but had english subtitle. Very good- held true to the book but a lot of stuff was missing like the interactions between Blomkist (sp) and the staff at Millennium. Some scenes were...brutal but definitely more visual and compelling than the book.
The Swedish film was far better than the Hollywood film with Daniel Craig IMO. I watched the extended version which has an extra 30mins to the cinema release.

Captain Philips

excellent film,

i have NO sympathy for the Somalis pirates, bunch of assholes they are, hope US Navy Kills more of them!

Captain Philips

excellent film,

i have NO sympathy for the Somalis pirates, bunch of assholes they are, hope US Navy Kills more of them!

Seems to me they had no choice. They got "bosses" who threaten them into piracy - "return with moneybag or I will kill [whoever]" scheme. World sucks....

Wanted to see Frozen this week but we didn't go out (good thing anyway- snowed that day).

I've read all the books :) what was weird about them was the first halves if each book were so boring slogging through them but then bam, the great thing about them all that boring starts tying together and they get great can't put them down

I believe they did an US version as well, I want to watch both.

Anyway I came in here because I rarely watch movies but I just watched Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters. I enjoyed it, I'm easy to please though.

Jack Reacher.
I thought it was ok and my husband *loved* it. Meh.

The US version was the one I was looking for but stumbled upon the Swedish version first. Will check it out. Ambrosia-- I agree- I read all 3 books and it does start out slow. What was funny was that I read the 2nd book first before I realized I read them backwards...Once I read the first book- a lot of stuff in the 2nd one (Girl Who Plays with Fire) made a lot more sense.

I did see that there is a Swedish movie version for The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest- is there one for the Fire one as well?

Jack Reacher-- I refuse to see that movie. Tom Cruise is NOT Jack Reacher- he's too damned short and looks nothing like how he is described in Lee Childs' books (I've read a TON of them- I know there's a few I haven't read yet lol)

The US version was the one I was looking for but stumbled upon the Swedish version first. Will check it out. Ambrosia-- I agree- I read all 3 books and it does start out slow. What was funny was that I read the 2nd book first before I realized I read them backwards...Once I read the first book- a lot of stuff in the 2nd one (Girl Who Plays with Fire) made a lot more sense.

I did see that there is a Swedish movie version for The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest- is there one for the Fire one as well?
Yes. The Swedes filmed all three books. I watched a DVD box set which had the extended version of all three - six 90min episodes. They were quite faithful to the books, but inevitably there were some changes and omissions. But as I posted earlier, far superior to the US version.

Awesome- I'll look both up on Netflix this week. Working my way through Sliders right now lol.

Back