What Ticks You Off (Most) About Hearies?

I will add, I have had some guy at a store scream at the top of is lungs how much my total was because I was signing. My mom told him off for me, but I was a angry as hell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

:lol:...something happened to me today...a neighbor came over....and she verbally..."blah! blah, blah, blah"!....I said..."twat?"....so she repeated it. yelling and mouthing the words:....."Do you have a can of Pork & Beans?"..

I said NO...and LOL'ed as she left...oh well....

:lol:...something happened to me today...a neighbor came over....and she verbally..."blah! blah, blah, blah"!....I said..."twat?"....so she repeated it. yelling and mouthing the words:....."Do you have a can of Pork & Beans?"..

twat? hahaha that cold.

When I first moved into my condo I was outside throwing bread out for the birds . A trustee come over and start talking to me then he saw my
HA in my left and looked really worried and when he saw my second HA
the guy was thinking OH NO ! He then started all over again talking in a
monotone voice saying one word at a time very slowly ! We do not feed the birds here. Do you under stand me ? I so badly want to tell him I know some sign language that I think he'll understand ! What an ass he was thinking I was a retard b/c I am HOH.
I do love that we both filed for an abatement on our realtor taxes saying it was too high and I went up to the jerk and asked if he was able to
get an abatement and he said "No" I looked him in his face and said
" I did" and walked away ! He was :shock: that I was able to get it and not him Mr. Bigshot .

I will add, I have had some guy at a store scream at the top of is lungs how much my total was because I was signing. My mom told him off for me, but I was a angry as hell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Ugh. That's awful! :shock: at least your mom told him off.

When I first moved into my condo I was outside throwing bread out for the birds . A trustee come over and start talking to me then he saw my
HA in my left and looked really worried and when he saw my second HA
the guy was thinking OH NO ! He then started all over again talking in a
monotone voice saying one word at a time very slowly ! We do not feed the birds here. Do you under stand me ? I so badly want to tell him I know some sign language that I think he'll understand ! What an ass he was thinking I was a retard b/c I am HOH.
I do love that we both filed for an abatement on our realtor taxes saying it was too high and I went up to the jerk and asked if he was able to
get an abatement and he said "No" I looked him in his face and said
" I did" and walked away ! He was :shock: that I was able to get it and not him Mr. Bigshot .

Omg :shock: that's crappy of that guy. I HATE it when hearies do that. :roll: nice comeback though! :lol:

Not trying to hijack the thread, just so many thoughts running through my head...

The other day I was in class and we broke into groups to work together. I told my group about my hearing loss. One of the boys in my group, who is Mexican which never concerned me before, was being all judgmental and mean to me. He'd snap his fingers two inches away from my face, slam a textbook on a desk, stomp his feet hard on the floor, to catch my attention. He threw me the middle finger to me a couple of times. He yelled at the top of his lungs and spoke very slowly and saying, "can you understand me." Finally I told him that if he'd continue doing this I'll tell him racist Mexican jokes. That shut him up right away. (Of course, I'm not racist, but omg he was SO irritating.)

When I'm in a restaurant or a store and the clerk mumbles something. I tell them I'm sorry I can't hear you so they just mumble again. So then I ask again and what do they do? Mumble. AGAIN!

When I'm in a restaurant or a store and the clerk mumbles something. I tell them I'm sorry I can't hear you so they just mumble again. So then I ask again and what do they do? Mumble. AGAIN!

I hate mumblers. My favorite is after you asked them three time to repeat themselves they say "Never mind!"

I hate mumblers. My favorite is after you asked them three time to repeat themselves they say "Never mind!"

UGH ! I went to a pet store to buy something and the owner had some young girl working there and she was whispering to me and I told her I can't hear her and she kept on whispering ! I finally said I am really HOH ,I am not wearing a hearing aid for fun ! She went on whispering!
I think she was just too shy to talk louder but is drove me nuts that she didn't even try to speak up. I gave up going to that pet shop.

Yea, I always feel for the shy ones. There was one working at Subway the other day and I couldn't understand him at all cause he talked looking at the ground.

Yea, I always feel for the shy ones. There was one working at Subway the other day and I couldn't understand him at all cause he talked looking at the ground.

I met the girl that helped train Finlay , Finlay lived with the girl for awhile and the girl was painfully shy, my sister met her too and she hard a time hearing the girl and my sister hearing is fine. I never seen such a shy person in my life , I really felt bad for her and didn't even ask her to speak up. She was not capable of it. :(

I met the girl that helped train Finlay , Finlay lived with the girl for awhile and the girl was painfully shy, my sister met her too and she hard a time hearing the girl and my sister hearing is fine. I never seen such a shy person in my life , I really felt bad for her and didn't even ask her to speak up. She was not capable of it. :(

At least you were understanding of her shyness and that is nice of you to be aware of that.

Sometimes we do have to remember that people are quiet just cause it is that way for them. Some of them do not do things just to bug us.

This is a classic. When wearing hearing aids as a child I would get that question frequently.

I never been asked that , I had a doctor talk into my hearing aid like it was
a telephone . I was :shock: . He had an accent and I was having a hard time understanding him and talking into my HA sure didn't help , I was not able to see his face and try to read his lips. I don't go to that doctor anymore.

Back