What technology do you wish existed but doesn't yet?

royce3113

Reaction score
What technology do you wish existed but doesn't yet?

Holodecks, like from Star Trek. VR is working towards that, but there isn't the freedom to create your own programs, like in Star Trek, and the technology still has a long ways to go. Option 2, also from Star Trek, replicators. I would love to make a really complex meal to enjoy by simply asking a computer for it.

Holodecks, like from Star Trek. VR is working towards that, but there isn't the freedom to create your own programs, like in Star Trek, and the technology still has a long ways to go. Option 2, also from Star Trek, replicators. I would love to make a really complex meal to enjoy by simply asking a computer for it.

If I time-traveled I'd be rich enough to do it. ;)

Teleportation? Believe it or not, it's been done.
With an atom, granted, but still... :hmm:

Last edited:
Right! I already like InnoCaption for cell phone calls.

Thank you Jane. It does generally work, and they issued a separate phone number for personal incoming calls. This is what I was looking for! :)

I think the tech is there or very close but the big problem is regulation is that they don't run into each other or land on a car being driven on the ground etc.
I think it would be kind of cool, if its out there, I betcha its gonna be expensive for only the rich can afford.

Last edited:
With those that mentioned the flying cars, yes we have them now but regulated so much etc etc expensive etc etc, they will go down in price, yet atm because of regulations, it'll actually be hard to fly one and will have to tell the nearest air traffic control where you are and fight with the big 747's that are never allowed to be within 2 miles of each other with the exception of approaching airports.

Problem is, even from the 1950's and even 1985 (Back to the Future) all thought we'd have flying cars as the norm in 2015. I know why this is. It stems from the fact that the technology in both times were advancing very fast, but since the 1990's car technology has somewhat slowed down. Its still advancing, but not as fast as people hoped, also we are not looking towards flying cars but we are looking towards alternative energies example hybrid/electric cars.

Heres a fun fact: Despite the inefficiency of the petrol engine, when it was first bulit and some few years after it, ELECTRIC cars were the most common cars on the road. Its the range, petrol has an advantage to being able to cover 4 times the range BUT it leads me to my next question..... Its 2018 now, we had electric cars in 1918!!! Why havent battery/electric technology advanced so far? Well its like the flying car scenario, never needed to since they didnt worry about pollution and oil reserves, so in turn we never needed to improve the electric batteries scenario.

Last edited:
I second the teleportation. I hate driving. I just want to be able to teleport everywhere.

Teleportation as well but I wold love to see Teslas's free electricity implemented.

I saw it on history channel and it works. They proved it.

Also creating body parts on command.

Flying cars, time travel, space ships and I think we'll be set forever.

Stargate - traveling to other worlds through the Stargate. This would be nice to have.

A automated portable personal language translator and real-time captioning device in one

I recently received a message about someone who is working on this (at least the portable real-time captioning device). It looks really interesting, but I wonder how it will hold up in real use.

Back