what law for TV?

Ice

Reaction score
what specificaly is the current law that says a certain amount of TV must be captioned, the cable company has changed alot of shit around the last few days and now CNN has no captions at all ever, i mean i watch that more than anything and now its dead to me

i want to call them, bitch and quote some laws to them

thanks

my cnn have captions no plm.. maybe your tv had the cc off? check that?

sometimes when the power went out.. my tv would be set back to factory set so i have to reset the menu to get it captioned not off.. then it will work.. so try?? hmm

Sometimes CNN have CC. Same with Fox News Channel too. Sometimes they dont have cc on very late night. I was frustrating too.

im not trying to be rude, i kow all this, im watching it middle of the day on shows i know usually do like "lou dobbs this week", things like that, i also know middle of the night they dont

what im asking is if anyone knows the name of the law that says a certain amount of TV, especially news, must be captioned

thats what im asking and that is all im asking

I know u arent being rude but was asking us how to "turn on" cc. Be honest I do not know unless you could email CNN and explain to them abt why no cc at all.. Just suggest.

You know it may have to do with the cable company cuz before I moved to my new home. I had metrocast.com and the cc screw up on me and then when I got a new cable of times warner so now my cc is fine.

Check out with your cable company.

I used watch CNN, there's no CC on certain hours.

There is no law i'm aware of that says all TV shows must be captioned. But there is a law that says all TV's must have some form of caption decoder in them by 2009 or something.

Back