What kind of wedding did you have(or are you going to have)?

I want to marry my future husband in a castle in scotland. Just the two of us. I even have the castle picked out, I went there with my family a few years ago :D

Comlongon Castle :: Scottish Castle Wedding Venue - Gretna's nearest Castle Wedding Venue in Scotland

And we would elope. I even emailed the place and asked if they do same-sex ceremonies, LOL. They do. Back here in the states there'll be a party for the whole family so they can feel included.

My wedding was last year October. It wasn't to big or small...a little over 250 guests. I had one Maid of Honor, three Bridemaids, a Best Man, three Groom's Men, Junior Bride, Flower Girl, Ring Bearer and two Usherettes.
It was held at a Church and the reception was at a grand hall.

I am married to an officer & a gentleman. We went to Lake Louise, Canada 2 yrs ago & got hitched beside a frozen lake, surrounded by mountains (like something out of Narnia). On our wedding day the weather was so beautiful, blue sky & sunny, but the temperature was minus 17 degrees C. It was so real winter wonderland. There were only 5 of us - bliss!!! Then we went to Canmore for our winter adventures on our honeymoon. It was brilliant & love it :)

We got married in the local caverns. It was a max of 30 people and we only took 24 with us. We did not dress up or anything but she did wear a veal (sp). The after party was at her dad’s house and then we spent 2 days in a hotel. It all came in under $700.

My mom put on a recommitment ceremony for us 3 years ago. It was nice but very unwanted. She went overboard and spent $8,000.

My wedding was at the Jp's house on her front lawn with two of my kids (I held one through the whole thing), my aunt and my uncle (my mom's siblings)

This is old news way back in July 2003. I bet she is already married or what ever happened to her and her new husband or fiance either married or jilted. She did not mention when she is suppose to get married. As a matter of fact I have never heard of MilitaryGirl83 here in the posts anywhere. I was married in the courthouse in a small town on the island. I wore red pants outfits (almost like Blackfeet Indian style - yoke with yellow dots) and my husband wore a cowboy shirt (also native design) and wore cowboy boots. I carried a red carnations with white baby breaths and my husband pin one red carnation. My bride maid was our niece and my husband's man was our niece's common in law husband. I had a terp in the wedding party so I can understand what the judge and members in the party said. My sister-in-law became our photograher to take pictures of us and the wedding. After the ceremony we went to the restaurant to have simple cake and wine to celebrate our getting married. no honeymoon because we could not afford one. I hope someday we will have our first honeymoon or maybe we never have one ever. :( We have been married for eleven years since 1997. :D

I'm still too young to be thinking about marriage and for now I think I'll just be deferring to my bride-to-be

What entails a Canadian Redneck wedding?

:giggle: Here goes!

We made our own invitations and sent them out to only family. [USA and Canada] His family flew in from Europe as well.

We provided the finger foods & it was booze galore! Family got drunk!
The wedding cake was a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.

I refused to wear a dress! I wore black slacks and a simple summer shirt. Hubby wore dockers and his good shirt.

We made our bouquet and boutonniere. Our vows we did ourselves. Got married in the backyard with the J of P.

It rained so we went indoors. We went to the hotel and you know what happens afterward! :naughty:

The Canadian version is no different from the American!

:giggle: Here goes!

We made our own invitations and sent them out to only family. [USA and Canada] His family flew in from Europe as well.

We provided the finger foods & it was booze galore! Family got drunk!
The wedding cake was a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.

I refused to wear a dress! I wore black slacks and a simple summer shirt. Hubby wore dockers and his good shirt.

We made our bouquet and boutonniere. Our vows we did ourselves. Got married in the backyard with the J of P.

It rained so we went indoors. We went to the hotel and you know what happens afterward! :naughty:

The Canadian version is no different from the American!

Yee haw!

Don't forget the flip flops!!

If I were to get married again - I'd prefer to have it differently than a traditional church wedding.

Perhaps an outdoor wedding will do. :)

It does not have to be fancy or anything like that. A nice and a simple wedding will do with friends and family.

hhhmmmmm...... why not get married MILES SKY HIGH?? rent the whole 747! :cool2:

I would like my hubby (future) to be involved as well so, we can agree upon a wedding. It doesn't have to be anything huge. A simple, beach wedding would be ideal for me, I grew up in a sunshine state were there's beaches. I wouldn't mind getting married on yacht or have a reception on one.

i wanna my wedding to be full of japan clothes or anything that relate to asia culture lol

We got married at city hall. Only my mom was there. We had to ask a person from another party to come be our second witness.

And I wouldn't have it any other way. It was private, sweet, and lovely. It was our love, celebrated by us alone.

If I were to ever get married again, I would have a small private ceremony with only my family and only people who truly care for me to be there. (and friends and family of my partner as well!)

I would not do a fancy wedding. Ive never desired a fancy wedding. Probably has a lot to do with my no frills upbringing and no frills personality.

At my last wedding it was the oddest wedding, hastily planned and put together in two weeks.

Back