What is your JOB?

lucas

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm interested in seeing what my fellow forum goers do or have done for a living. Are you an engineer? A software developer? A double agent? And if its not to personal, how much do or did you make? And what are/were the ups and downs of your job? I'll get the ball rolling.

I worked construction for a year and made about 30 k a year and then switched to become an insurance broker where I made slightly less but am expecting my income to grow as I sign more clients.

The pros of being an insurance broker is its not as labour intensive as construction was, and I get to be pro active and go about achieving goals how I see fit. The con is the amount of time I have to spend on the phone some days and seeing how I'm fairly young some of the older business men seem to think I'm not as knowledgable as my older counterparts.

Last edited:
Right now I am the mayor's assistant, still work making fish tanks give tutoring once a week and maybe do some odd jobs here and there. But still a student working for Special Education Credentials

thanks for the swift response dreamer, hopefully other people respond. This thread could even help generate ideas for people who can't find employment

I once aspired to be a software programmer/engineer as a teen, but now I have a job as a Web Developer.

And how do you enjoy it? pros and cons?

I generally enjoy the job if I am able to just develop websites for different clients. The company I work for just has me develop websites for the company itself which are not many. The company I previously worked for makes websites for many clients and in doing so, it is more exciting because you can finish one project then move on to another project. There is no end to these projects as there is no set amount of clients this type of company can have. However, if one develops websites just for the company itself then the number of websites to make is infinitesimal (literally) and what would be left to do after developing the websites is to maintain them.

There are several pros and cons that come with the job of a Web Developer. One pro is that this job can be in demand in many areas in a country. Another pro is that the job can pay really well based on skill. Of course, the more web programming languages one knows, the higher salary the individual can qualify for. One con of the job is that technology rapidly advances and programming languages are updated and changed so if one doesn't keep up with these changes, the individual will not have the skills to make a website that is complaint with the web standards at the time.

I'm a software developer earning around 73k per year but one great perk of my job is the paid vacation time off, I get 27 days off per year plus all major holidays off plus my birthday off. Plus I get a 403(b) plan in which the company matches up to 4% of my contribution making for a nice retirement nest egg. And I get a pension as well.

As for pros and cons, IMO that depends on the company you work at. Some companies are sweatshops like amazon.com while some are cakewalk where if you can write some kind of code you got a job for life. One pro is that it can be a pretty quiet job; you don't get much drama just sitting in front of a computer all day. And a con about that is it does get tiring and boring if all you do is sit in front of the computer all day. I've had people think I don't have a stressful job since I'm at a desk all day but try sitting on your computer from 9am til 5pm and you'll see what I mean.

Another pro of the job is that it's not likely to go away; computers will be around for a while and as long as you keep up with the latest trends and technologies you'll be ok.

But right now I'm trying to find a job that has 25% or more travel; it would allow me to explore the world a little. I just can't see myself being a desk jockey for the rest of my life.

And a con about that is it does get tiring and boring if all you do is sit in front of the computer all day. I've had people think I don't have a stressful job since I'm at a desk all day but try sitting on your computer from 9am til 5pm and you'll see what I mean.

I know how it is siting in front of a computer all day. Have you considered getting a standing up desk?

do you know more people in mental hospitals because of this...if you not happy or want see do something else even for short time then do it...only one life

do you know more people in mental hospitals because of this...if you not happy or want see do something else even for short time then do it...only one life

I like the hospital, the zoo I call it when I feel like taking a holiday. I'll check in for a trip to Disneyland at the zoo for the golden ticket, the first class express to gisnep I will misbehave. Interesting Characters from all walks of life.

More people are not in mental hospitals because of a job, they're there because of their inability to cope and change themselves to a different adventure as well as some needing med adjustment and they're all good to go. Some have real mental illness just like folks with diabetics or kidney issues we just have to learn to live with it.

webmaster. will switch to data scientist. maybe.

I do administrative stuff. Typing up documents, social media (YAY!), research and phone calls (not my strongest point... haha) and janitorial stuff (picking up garbage and clean kitchen)

I like the hospital, the zoo I call it when I feel like taking a holiday. I'll check in for a trip to Disneyland at the zoo for the golden ticket, the first class express to gisnep I will misbehave. Interesting Characters from all walks of life.

More people are not in mental hospitals because of a job, they're there because of their inability to cope and change themselves to a different adventure as well as some needing med adjustment and they're all good to go. Some have real mental illness just like folks with diabetics or kidney issues we just have to learn to live with it.

years back in the Fords works place near where i lived they had many supervisors come in we called it Fords syndrome only had to say it and knew a problem...as Fords started winding down so did the men who came into the hospital,to be replaced by computer people..
it was not exact science it just stats showed it in that area.

I'm a licensed massage therapist. Not sure how much I made last year, I'm still waiting on some 1099, but def not as much as I made the year before, which was 40k on the books, if I had to guess maybe 8k in cash tips.

Pros, you make people feel better, and it's a job where your is really really appreciated. I love love love getting hugs from people, almost as much as I love a big tip ;) but really it's a great feeling being appreciated, I usually get told Im awesome or amazing a few times a day. You just can't put a price on that.

Cons, it's really hard on your hands, well it can be. It's def a physical job, but for me that's also a pro, I'd hate sitting behind a desk. This job, to make good money, you HAVE to be good, you need repeat clientele. The most expensive thing for an LMT is an empty massage table. We don't get paid hourly, we get paid per massage. So when you switch jobs it takes a few months to build up clientele and really start making some $$. That's where I ran into problems last year.

Another pro, this a business where you can work for yourself, which that's the plan for me. Within the next couple years I want to open my own business. I want to go back to school first and get an esthetician license so I could do facials, waxing, body scrubs. Offer more services and he more competitive.

i have lymphatic drainage every two months or so, that can be helpful but depends on reason to have it as to it working...it cost fortune to get

Back