What is your favorite brand for a hearing aid?

webexplorer

Reaction score
I have analog Octicon (profound deaf). I think I want to buy Widex hearing aids because I have bought the same Oticon every 7 or 10 years. I believe that a digital might be a good one because it gives me better sound frequencies such as background sounds and people's pattern sounds. (I wore the Widex for 2-weeks free trial.)

My audiologist said that her opinion is that Oticon is better than Widex, but I notice a big difference sound between the brands because of Widex's digital which more clearer than the Oticon. I find hard to believe that she thinks - because she is not deaf. Do not let yourself to believe what your audiologist says to you.)

I am curious about you, and what brand do you like the most?

webexplorer said:
I have analog Octicon (profound deaf). I think I want to buy Widex hearing aids because I have bought the same Oticon every 7 or 10 years. I believe that a digital might be a good one because it gives me better sound frequencies such as background sounds and people's pattern sounds. (I wore the Widex for 2-weeks free trial.)

My audiologist said that her opinion is that Oticon is better than Widex, but I notice a big difference sound between the brands because of Widex's digital which more clearer than the Oticon. I find hard to believe that she thinks - because she is not deaf. Do not let yourself to believe what your audiologist says to you.)

I am curious about you, and what brand do you like the most?

Hey... I am glad that you posted your thread here. I used to have an analog hearing aid. It was Octicon and also Starkey too. I recently got my new digital aid. Man, I am still in shock because of the sounds. It just is unbelievable! It is like I can hear almost everything in the background like people s pattern sounds and the sounds from outside. It just is hard to explain here..Just unbelievable!! My audiologist recommended me to get this digital aid. That is phonak supero 412. He said that I could test it for 30 days trail to see if I like it. I took his advices and also he loaned me the analog phonak hearing aid too and see which one I like the best.. Digital phonak is much twice stronger than the analog.. I tested both hearing aids and within few days after my visit, I decided to get the digital aid.. He was so glad that I was able to express my feelings and what the sounds were like. Especially for a profound deaf person like me!!! This way, he can prepare for other clients and decide which suits for this person..

I would recommend you to try the digital hearing aid.. it is actually like a tiny computer hearing aid! haha

to be truthfully honest. I missed my old fashioned hearing aid which are phonak brand kids. then I got digital hearing aids by oticion and it worked for me but the audiologists told me sumo is more powerful and i tried it out and i couldn't hear much on sumo hearing aids and i went back adn told them i like oticon and they told me sumo is suppose to be fitting for me and it didn't work so i gave up and i prefer do it at my hometown cuz she knew me too well and knows whats the best for me. so i prefer doing it at hometown where i grew up in. I'm holding it until i visit my hometown and see what happens from there

Widex hearing aid is good but it still needs to have more sound frequencies for the words to be clear enough to be understood. I have to use lip reading with hearing aid.

My audiologist ordered two Starkey DaVinci PXP hearing aids for me to try them in two weeks. They are digital hearing aids. Do you know anything about this brand hearing aid?

I checked other websites about these aids, and they have very little information. I guess that they just came in this month.

Phonaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phonaks ROCK! I've had these for about a year and I'm still amazed at how well I can hear with them! I can hear the wind whistleing and stuff like that...I love them and they are only ANALOGS!

I don't think that any one brand is best for everyone. The most important thing that you can do is to have a very experienced audiologist fit you with hearing aids--especially if you get digital ones. Not all audiologists out there have a lot of experience in manipulating the software to adjust hearing aids--make sure you find one that feels comfortable going outside the default settings to maximize the hearing aid benefits. The hearing aid market is constanly changing, and it is challenging for audiologists to keep up with all the brands and their software. Some audiologists may only try to keep up with a few brands rather than all out there.

A few years ago, I tried so many hearing aids that I lost count. I'm extremely picky, and am lucky to have an audiologist that is very patient with me. I do believe that getting hearing aids is a very personal thing--what might work great for someone else may not work that great for you, even if you have similar hearing losses.

Good luck, webexplorer, in finding the perfect hearing aids for you!

Deafdyke, I remember getting my first Phonak almost 20 years ago (analog, obviously) and being able to hear birds for the first time. That was and still is amazing! BTW, I wear an Oticon digital now. I like how the loud sounds are softened and the speech sounds are louder. Loud sounds used to bother me, but not now!

Fitnessfreak said:
Hey... I am glad that you posted your thread here. I used to have an analog hearing aid. It was Octicon and also Starkey too. I recently got my new digital aid. Man, I am still in shock because of the sounds. It just is unbelievable! It is like I can hear almost everything in the background like people s pattern sounds and the sounds from outside. It just is hard to explain here..Just unbelievable!! My audiologist recommended me to get this digital aid. That is phonak supero 412. He said that I could test it for 30 days trail to see if I like it. I took his advices and also he loaned me the analog phonak hearing aid too and see which one I like the best.. Digital phonak is much twice stronger than the analog.. I tested both hearing aids and within few days after my visit, I decided to get the digital aid.. He was so glad that I was able to express my feelings and what the sounds were like. Especially for a profound deaf person like me!!! This way, he can prepare for other clients and decide which suits for this person..

I would recommend you to try the digital hearing aid.. it is actually like a tiny computer hearing aid! haha
:thumb: I agree w/ u this ones best!

I wear Starkey davinci pxp BTE. They are very pwerful, good for noisy environments, programable and digital. You can go to starky website and download info for these aids. I couldn't hear anything with any other type or make. Good fitting to you.:h5:

My audiologist ordered two Starkey DaVinci PXP hearing aids for me to try them in two weeks. They are digital hearing aids. Do you know anything about this brand hearing aid?

I checked other websites about these aids, and they have very little information. I guess that they just came in this month.

I had Widex (by sponsorship) for 8 years and i found them the best HA i ever had, Since th NHS don't provide them I struggled with other makes (otcion, siemens and now unitrion) I have unitrion in my left ear (very little benifit) and CI in right.

I use phonak! I could be biased tho just because this is the only brand i've had lol but i definitely have not had any major probs other than some tweaks to my aud here and there..btw i wear phonak una but i might have to switch in the near future since my aid is almost maxed out

At the moment Siemens. I have had Phonak and Oticon in the past and liked them both.

The Siemens was just what was recommended when I had to go to super power and so far I like it very well.

I wear phonak micropower v's..BTE digitals....

before that I had starkey micro in the canals...but ran out of power with them...

I would recommend digitals above analogues...when I have a prob with my phonaks...I have to revert to analogue aids for a bit and they just are dire...way too loud and no balance on frequencies.....if you have a flatline audiogram fine...but mine is u shaped so the high and low frequencies just become painful.

It is a question fo finding what is best for you....and sometimes that means asking direct questions of your audiologist.....do they recommend phonaks/starkeys/oticons because they can get them easier than another brand or because it is best for you??

If you went to a shoe shop and the shoes didn't quite fit properly, you would just say no and go and find something that you really liked and fitted properly without thinking about it.

In the case of the girls.....they would probably want to try 2000 pairs first before going back to the first pair anyway...but thats another story....:shock::lol:

why buy a HA in any other way?? Buy what is best for YOU and works best for YOU

I currently wear Sumos by Oction. I love them. My audi wants me to use the Sumo Digital ones but everytime I give them a try they drive me crazy because they manipulate the sound and sometimes drown out the backround sounds and even my own voice. I hate that, I like to chose what to hear not my hearing aid choosing for me.

I can't remember what is brand of my first HA when i was 2. I got another new HA at age 3. I can't remember either. I got a new Oticon ha when I was 18. It was not help me enough. I don't have a favorite brand. I guess it's Phonak or Oticon. I has 110db in both ears. I am going to get CI.

I currently wear Sumos by Oction. I love them. My audi wants me to use the Sumo Digital ones but everytime I give them a try they drive me crazy because they manipulate the sound and sometimes drown out the backround sounds and even my own voice. I hate that, I like to chose what to hear not my hearing aid choosing for me.

That's a problem with most hearing aids I guess.

I would say my favourite brand is Analogue Widexs, they worked best for me but because they were not making anymore I had to be switched to digital Oticons

My favourite brand of hearing aids is Phonak. I used Phonak SuperFront Analogue most of my life. I only ever tried other brands like Phillps and Siemens at hospital and I hated them straight away so switch new Phonak SuperFront to leave with. When I went to adults department they give me Oticon for first time, digital Sumo (From NHS). That was worse aid I ever had. They says I got keep it 4 years or nothing. So I handed in Sumo back.

I have tried Phonak Supero and Phonak Nadia for digitals, they are okay but not suitable for me. I need background aids, Phonak SuperFront gives me that. When my Phonak SuperFront finally broke down after 10 years old use 3 years ago so I don't wear aids anymore.

The problem with NHS audi thinks they know the best, they do what they think I should have rather than what I want to have. I think I disappeared from NHS audi list lol! They always send 3/4 letters every year, but 3 years ago they stopped doing that the same day I left with no aids.

All of the aids I had always in BLUE. I would refused to wear it in any other colour (skin coloured) cos I am the one wears it. Not them.

At the moment Siemens. I have had Phonak and Oticon in the past and liked them both.

The Siemens was just what was recommended when I had to go to super power and so far I like it very well.

I have Siemens super power aids too (Reflex DSPs from the NHS), they are the best aids I have had.

my fave hearing brand would be Siemens and Oticon
I had analogs Siemens Infinti S1s when I was the baby until I had to switch to the digital Oticon in 2005 *I was in 4th grade*

Back