What is wrong with Walmart?

Wal-Mart is purely profit driven. They don't care about people at all.

Wal-Mart is purely profit driven. They don't care about people at all.

Of course, they caused small businesses to close because they cannot compete at lower price, also most customers demand low price.

Wal mart sucks, they quit carrying a lot of stuff and changed to cheaper items. Instead of 2,3 or 4 different varietys of an item or various sizes, they just carry one in one size now. Stuff I did buy ( pico de gallo ) and other items they quit carrying... so instead of going to several places to shop, I now go to a family owned store and purchase my foods. I shop online for clothes and other stuff now, much easier and if I need it now, there is always small box stores and the mall.

Walmart is having the same problems as every other retailer and that is online stores are killing them. The one problem Walmart is bringing to these areas that are being hit by store closures is they have forced all the other mom and pop stores out of business when they arrived and now there is no place for the people to shop. Hopefully, the mom and pops will return, only time will tell.

Walmart is having the same problems as every other retailer and that is online stores are killing them. The one problem Walmart is bringing to these areas that are being hit by store closures is they have forced all the other mom and pop stores out of business when they arrived and now there is no place for the people to shop. Hopefully, the mom and pops will return, only time will tell.

I believe that grocery will survive the digital age because grocery deliveries are more difficult than ship non-food products.

Wal mart sucks, they quit carrying a lot of stuff and changed to cheaper items. Instead of 2,3 or 4 different varietys of an item or various sizes, they just carry one in one size now. Stuff I did buy ( pico de gallo ) and other items they quit carrying... so instead of going to several places to shop, I now go to a family owned store and purchase my foods. I shop online for clothes and other stuff now, much easier and if I need it now, there is always small box stores and the mall.

Big plus, that why I dislike Walmart.

I prefer Publix in Alabama and Florida, but in DC metro, I prefer Harris Teeter, Safeway or Giant, also Wegmans is awesome but they are a little far from Gally.

They all do that reopen out of town and charge more.They own Asda and it Asda who fighting have sole right to the bsl sign for Asda

They all do that reopen out of town and charge more.They own Asda and it Asda who fighting have sole right to the bsl sign for Asda

There is no ASDA in USA.

I was thinking this too, Walmart did put a lot of stores out of business and hurt other stores . I don't shop at Walmart . There was something about this on the news people having no place to buy food now and have 30 miles to the buy food.

Walmart is online as well.... no difference.

Walmart is online as well.... no difference.

Problem here is online Walmart has the same price unless it's an online special as the store plus you have a shipping fees added on that going to the actual store doesn't have. Also Amazon as well as other online retailers have things that are cheaper than you would find at Walmart.
So there is a difference

Another reason for store closures in some areas. Walmart closed one store in Oakland, CA because the city just upped the minimum wage to $12.55 and have a $15 minimum wage on the ballot. A Walmart representative said on the news that they were closing the store because of the minimum wage issues as well as other stores nearby wanting similar wages.

Please leave Sara alone...it's not going to help if she will not listen to any of us here.

A host of different reasons, but like Botti mentioned, it's a profit driven decision. Because more sales are originating online, low returns from brick and mortar stores are seen more as a liability to investors, so they pressure the store to keep up their earnings at the expense of convenient location and workers. So wrong, but it's Capitalism at work peeps.

Asda is owned by wallmart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asda

"Asda Stores Limited is an American-owned, British-founded supermarket retailer, headquartered in Leeds, West Yorkshire.[3] The company became a subsidiary of the American retail corporate giant Walmart after a £6.7 billion takeover in July 1999, and is now the second-largest supermarket chain in Britain, by market share.[4]

Besides its core supermarket retail format, the company also offers a number of other products, including financial services and a mobile phone company using the existing network of EE. Asda's marketing promotions are usually based solely on price, and like its parent company, Walmart, Asda promotes itself under the slogan "Save Money. Live Better".[5]

As a wholly owned division of Walmart, Asda is not required to declare quarterly or half-yearly earnings, but it submits full accounts to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission each November."

caz , you're right it's owned by Walmart , it was a takeover by them.

Back