What is the different between Best friend and good friend?

Purple82moon

Reaction score
Hey.. i am wondering.. what is the different between best friend and good friend? and how do u know that??

I am just thinking Best friend mean to me .. that they will always be there for me, and always tell me everything.. but at the same time.. i know that not alll the times that best friend tell each other... i dont know....

and good friend mean that i can trust them enough to tell them little bit of my life... not all the time..

I am wondering what is ur meaning being best friend and good friend?

ah, big difference.

Best friend has no rejection in the true friendship. trust each others, telling the secrets, hanging out together, being there for each others no matter what, getting on each other's back, supporting each others and standing up for each others. yes, I will expect the up and downs. This will be feeling the closeness, but friends wont be.

friends are just friends, being there for each others, supporting, and having a great time. just as so basically. well, both's just almost similar, but no secrets in friends.

thank you for ur point... but question here... if best friend was mad at me cuz i didnt tell her everything... should i be mad at best friend if they dont tell me everything too...

i am trying to understand about "FRIENDSHIP" that is really tough word.. u know...

how do u know which is who? u know..

"If you want friends...you have to have something to make them want you around them."

"If you want a best friend...you have to be someone that they would like to share all their secrets with you."

Originally posted by SilenceGold
"If you want friends...you have to have something to make them want you around them."

"If you want a best friend...you have to be someone that they would like to share all their secrets with you."

and best friend should always tell each other everything.. BAD or GOOD news right...

Well, it sounds like your "best friend" is mad at you because you didn't trust this person completely. Tell this person, "It is my choice to trust people and I am sorry that I do not feel like I trust you completely but not worry you will gain trust some day."

That would be what I would say but my suggestion would really depend on how you both are close. Best friends don't try to get mad if one of best friends are trying to help each other to understand each other feelings.

Originally posted by Purple82moon
thank you for ur point... but question here... if best friend was mad at me cuz i didnt tell her everything... should i be mad at best friend if they dont tell me everything too...

i am trying to understand about "FRIENDSHIP" that is really tough word.. u know...

how do u know which is who? u know..

I know this.

I have a best friend who havent told me about her new boyfriend, but She told me that she wants to have a time to tell me. So, I assumed that I should not be mad at her for not telling me everything.

I should let her to have a space, a time, to thinking and whatever she want to tell me.

Best Friend is suppose to accept no matter what gone happen and support for each other. Its similar like sister and brother.

Friend is suppose to accepted who you are, and thing that you raised but not like as sister and brother.

In my past time, I have trouble with my best friend, in the past, expect me to everything for that person. I regrat myself that I would not get other friendship example of that type. Best Friend is not always about A - Z at the begin. Should not be lying, betray, and negative on that friendship.

Friend is more like start kit, eh. People have different way to begin bond of best friend; like brother and sister.

I read about your best friend is mad at you for not telling everything to her: about anything. So, you should not be mad at her if she doesn't tell you everything. Same idea, are you willing to show your body as nude or nake to your best friend if person is boy/male or girl/female?

I found a German expression:

"Wer Freunde ohne Fehler sucht, bliebt ohne Freunde."
"Who searches friends without flaws, will remain without friends."

I only keep a circle of good friends, and have a best friend. I grew up with my best friend all of my life, and have known her for 22 years. We have been through a lot together, and accept who each other is. It is really hard to discern the line between a best friend and a good friend. You just have to judge on your own instincts about who is your best friend(s) or not.

I go with "friends arent the people who bails you out of jail- theyre the one right besides you in that jailcell saying "that fuckin rocked!"

Best friend is more than a good friend. A best friend would be someone that you trust and care about while a good friend is just a friend that you do things with.

That reminds me:
My ex had a sticker that said...

"A friend would help you move things to a new house, but a best friend will help you move a dead body."

I do have a best friend.. We love to do everything together. Always be there for each other.. and ofc share secrets.. but we do have up and downs.. that is what makes our friendship to be stronger because we understand each other's feelings. We don't criticize each other that often We just give advices to each other to help the situation to be better.. so..

Friends is just like you met people that you haven't met before.. so basically we are just getting to know each other. and have fun.. like friends would do. haha.. We are just being civil to each other.. likes to keep company.. but I considers them to be good friends because I only need oone best friend that is it..I like to have a circle of friends. you know.. :D

Best Friend stay in ur heart forever as "footprint".

Friend hop in and out in ur heart for various of times.

Only the difference between best friend and friend is seeing ur inner more than outside.

Originally posted by kuifje75
That reminds me:
My ex had a sticker that said...

"A friend would help you move things to a new house, but a best friend will help you move a dead body."

I like that quote! :D

A friend will come and bail you out of jail. A truely great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Man, that was fucking awsome!"

Originally posted by Sydlie
A friend will come and bail you out of jail. A truely great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Man, that was fucking awsome!"

Been there..done that...several times..lol.

best friend: someone whos there for u in EVERYTHING even if theres a period of no talking for a while and trust them with ur life

good friend: someone who u can be friendly with and can tell a few things to

i personally have a small group of friends who i consider are my buddies and i trust them

Back