What Is Gallaudet Like?

BoricuaChevere

Reaction score
I'm freshman in school and want go Gallaudet when I graduate. What's it like? I hope it great. I want to study ASL and Deaf Studies.

my time is a big different than yours. I heard there are tons of HOH, Oral deaf kids and mostly nonsigners yet they are learning ASL there. SO it s hard to tell to compare from my time that was very heavily ASL users and yours time. All i know is making friends, sports, participate many organazations, workship, schools and learn from others who are from other states and lastly, be an independenct. Good Luck!

my time is a big different than yours. I heard there are tons of HOH, Oral deaf kids and mostly nonsigners yet they are learning ASL there. SO it s hard to tell to compare from my time that was very heavily ASL users and yours time. All i know is making friends, sports, participate many organazations, workship, schools and learn from others who are from other states and lastly, be an independenct. Good Luck!

Frisky, that's prolly b/c when you were young, more kids were sent to deaf schools. It's kinda unusual to graduate from a school for the deaf or even a program for the dhh.....which is sad....don't even get me started!

Better get there soon. Gally will turn into another williamsburg virgina with the tourist coming to see how deaf were educated in the old days. All the real students will be at nrid

Back