What if......

But if that does happen, well.. there won't be peace.

In the unlikely event of an oil shortage yeah I agree that it won't be fun. I can just see people fighting over the remaining oil and rationing. In the long run I can see that possibly there will be a synthetic form of gas invented. It would be kind of like ethanol. IMO the only issue that's preventing us from pursuing alternative fuels more aggressively is just the plain fact we have so much oil left it's not really worth it now.

I know that there are new possible fuel sources such as hydrogen, C02, nuclear power, etc.... but the problem is too many people simply cannot afford to purchase a brand new vehicle. Plus there's the cost of converting all the existing gas stations to whatever is the new fuel.

TL;DR: Due to the sheer costs of changing fuel sources it's more likely that instead companies will develop a synthetic gas so that we can keep our gasoline cars running.

What if all oil running out?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/04/investing/oil-prices-space-us-inventories-supply-glut/index.html

Looks like we are having overflowing issue with oil, and from what we know how much is out there, plenty of years coming up for cheap oil,

Often these oil fields, when they estimate below 50% left, they usually shut them down and look elsewhere for more oil, its their strategies of keeping old oil field as reserve as "Just in case". Also, you may not be aware of this, China is sitting on whats known one of largest oil reserve and refused to pump out. They (China) did this on purpose as they know if they wait later on touching these oil field they will be filthy rich in the end.

So are we running out of oil? I don't think so.

In the unlikely event of an oil shortage yeah I agree that it won't be fun. I can just see people fighting over the remaining oil and rationing....
America's done rationing before and survived, during WWII and 1970's. I wasn't around for WWII but I did go thru the 1973 shortage. We had long, long gas lines, sometimes over a mile at the gas stations. Some stations closed their pumps because they were empty. People had to push their cars to the gas station because they ran out of fuel. There were limits on how many gallons we could get per visit. The rationing system used car plate numbers and letters to determine which days we were allowed to get gas. It was not fun but for the most part peaceful.

I had VW bug at that time, and lived on the base where I worked, so I wasn't too badly impacted by the shortage. The main thing that affected those of us who lived and worked on the base was thermostat control. Limits were set for heating, and they started to lock the thermostats.

What if all food tasted so good?

I made some homemade dough and filled it with garlic, seasoning, and cheese. It's baking now. Going to be some very flavorful rolls! :)

What if vitamins are really just a long-lasting and weak form of drugs?

nALOY9w.jpg

What if I go blonde this summer:fly3:

What would you do?

I could careless about him because he isn't evangelical.

Also, he has possibly capable to win the democrat blue collar voters.

What about you?

I know it's not towards me but I'd laugh my a$$ off at first and then settle into a sort of morbid curiosity on what will happen next. I just don't see how the muslims and mexicans will handle the news well at all. I wonder if it will affect foreign trade and I also wonder if they'll finally pull all the troops out of Iraq.

What if people stopped thinking they're mind readers and can tell what other people are thinking of .... :roll:

I know it's not towards me but I'd laugh my a$$ off at first and then settle into a sort of morbid curiosity on what will happen next. I just don't see how the muslims and mexicans will handle the news well at all. I wonder if it will affect foreign trade and I also wonder if they'll finally pull all the troops out of Iraq.

It will affect foreign trade very much since Trump is anti-trade, including NAFTA too.

I don't want NAFTA nor free trades because they take American's job away and went to oversea.

I'm surprised that Trump could do more hardliner on trade policies but I'm wonder about the Congress because most of them are pro-trade. Most of the Congress are paid by corporations and powerful associations, including Koch.

I know Trump mentions that he is against same-sex marriage to win more constituents, it is attempt to win the nomination but I don't think he serve on purpose so I know why Ted Cruz call Trump as liar.

I could careless about him because he isn't evangelical.
You wouldn't mind him being your President? Do you think he would be a good leader of our country?

Also, he has possibly capable to win the democrat blue collar voters.
Since your "what if" was that Trump won the general election, that's not surprising.

What about you?
I wouldn't be happy about it but the Donald would be better than Hilary or Bernie.

What if people stopped thinking they're mind readers and can tell what other people are thinking of .... :roll:

I know what you mean. Some people actually think we are mind readers. Just confess it up and be direct LOL I understand what you mean

You wouldn't mind him being your President? Do you think he would be a good leader of our country?

Since your "what if" was that Trump won the general election, that's not surprising.

I wouldn't be happy about it but the Donald would be better than Hilary or Bernie.

I don't think that he is good leader for our country, but I agree with his anti-trade stances, also he isn't pro-immigrant, that's good for American citizens, even possibly no more H-1B visa. Big blows to corporations that want more immigrants.

That what I read one of article on The Huffington and many blue collars are fed up with all politicians, including R and D after many jobs went to oversea.

I take Bernie because of pro-gay stance and anti-Wall Street, also I wish that he could more hardliner on anti-trade to compete with Trump.

Some people actually think we are mind readers. Just confess it up and be direct LOL I understand what you mean

I like how you're vague in referring "some people" and "we" and yet you're complaining that people need to be direct.

Back