What has happened to all the ad members? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm safe and dry for now....Go home, Harvey!!!

I am busy in the real world. So much to do.. I am sending my 2 years old son to the school next month. I am working on lunch meal ideas and keep in contact with my in-laws. I am worried about them. Sadly, my stepbrother in law's house in the expensive area is flooded not far from Galveston. My sister in law's house is not affected yet, but the flood crept up on the walkway to the front door. She and her family spent all night hauling furniture to upstairs. The school is closed for the entire week. It's going to be the longest summer for them. :(
I'm sorry that your family is experiencing all that.

Man I wish they could help but he still has 2 weeks before his 9 months is up. But if he is not out by then I am kicking him out! Haha
No I started having small contractions, I'm a little worried he will be born on Monday the 21st... Eclipse day!!:eek2:
Well, no eclipse baby. What's next? Labor Day baby? :hmm:

Wow.. congrats! (well not for the going bonkers part...).
I'm still looking, both for jobs and possible "school/program". Program I was accepted to fell through- they're closing all their campuses...but potential interview beginning of September...
I hope the September interview works out for you.

Wow.. congrats! (well not for the going bonkers part...).
I'm still looking, both for jobs and possible "school/program". Program I was accepted to fell through- they're closing all their campuses...but potential interview beginning of September...
Oh man! Your program fell through? That's sh*tty. And good luck for your next interview!!

Well, no eclipse baby. What's next? Labor Day baby? :hmm:

Not quite the same thing and Labor Day moves from date to date over the years (not always on the same date).

Not quite the same thing and Labor Day moves from date to date over the years (not always on the same date).

Whether it's the same date or not is irrelevant. If someone is born on Labor Day, it's a Labor Day baby. Same goes with Leap Year, Thanksgiving and other holidays.

Last edited:
Yep, my birthday falls on Labor Day some years. I have an AD twin with the same! :)

I'm around as much as I can...seems I'm more busy now than ever tho'...could be with 2 great-grandbabies and 3 boys. all "suppose-dly" all grown...(but at times I do wonder)

Labor Day for the nation, could become the labor day for a waiting mom. (As in, going into labor.)

Yep, my birthday falls on Labor Day some years. I have an AD twin with the same! :)

I does for me as well. And back in the dark ages when I was in school there were years when school started that day - Sept. 2.

Oh man! Your program fell through? That's sh*tty. And good luck for your next interview!!

Yeah it is. They weren't the only coding bootcamp to shut down either. Last I saw at least one other major program shut down this summer as well. Mine still has one last cohort going that will finish in October, after that, the final closure is in November. I think it's because of universities, I'm noticing a few are offering boot camp type programs now (UNCC is one of them).

Still waiting to confirm a date for that interview- it's on their end they're trying to schedule lol.

============
as for birthdays, my brother's falls on Labor Day too sometimes, but in the original comment that Reba made I get why she said the baby could be born on Labor Day, doesn't matter for future years- only this year... And I thought it was funny :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back