What happens if the Supreme Court strikes down 'Obamacare'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, what I said was this:

You said then all social welfare programs should be abolished.

I find that an interesting response, and would like to know why you think that? You are the one who went there. Are you saying that the welfare programs are not constitutional? What purpose do you think the Constitution serves? I am genuinely interested in your answer.

In spite of how things may appear, I like you and I am glad you are here.

perhaps you missed this part?

I didn't say that. You did.

Am I correct?

so I'll ask again in a way that you can understand - do you believe we should abolish our social welfare program?

Expletive deleted because it makes me flinch.

Can you show me where in the Constitution the government has the authority to mandate that people wear seatbelts (or motorcycle helmets, for that matter)?

I do believe it would be unconstitutional for the federal government to mandate seatbelts.

Incidentally, there is a legal difference between laws and regulations. It's kind of one of the distinctions without a difference issues to me, but legally it does matter.

I would guess federal mandates about car manufacturing would be regulatory rather than legislative.

Did I answer your question? I'm not 100% sure what you were asking me, so if I didn't, please ask again (only, please, without expletives?).

Here is a more general question for anybody to answer: Have you read the Constitution (if you're an American)?

I have many times. That is because every 4th of July it is printed, in full, in the local newspaper. Any American that has not read it more than once has no excuse.

I would think it more likely, if there really is a leak, that it would be a clerk or somebody like that rather than a justice.

There is no clerk.

Today they will meet behind closed doors in their ornate conference room and discuss the heart of the case, the individual mandate that requires most every American to buy health insurance. If tradition holds, the conversation will begin with Chief Justice John Roberts, and then the other justices will speak in order of seniority. A vote will be recorded. No one, not a clerk, administrative assistant or staff member is allowed in the room. If there is a knock at the door–with someone bringing a law book or a glass of water — Elena Kagan, as the junior most member of the court, will have to see who is there.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/justices-to-take-initial-vote-on-health-care-mandate/

So, if anybody is getting a clue about on how the votes went, it would have to come from the Justices.

Foxrac...your profane language is not necessary in this Thread.....maybe it's best you excuse yourself from it?

Foxrac...your profane language is not necessary in this Thread.....maybe it's best you excuse yourself from it?

your hoodie joke is much more offensive though.

Once the US Supreme Court announces its ruling , Owebama can either resign, retake classes on Constitutional Law and pass and not cheat, start packing his belongings to move out of the White House.

The new congress and new president will then take up the healthcare issue and hopefully do it right like it should had been done the first time !

Once the US Supreme Court announces its ruling , Owebama can either resign, retake classes on Constitutional Law and pass and not cheat, start packing his belongings to move out of the White House.

The new congress and new president will then take up the healthcare issue and hopefully do it right like it should had been done the first time !

Your post isn't true.

Wish we did not have to wait that long.

I will vote for anyone but Obama.
21kbkm8.gif

just as before.
aw.gif

perhaps you missed this part?

so I'll ask again in a way that you can understand - do you believe we should abolish our social welfare program?

Perhaps you missed the part where I asked you a question first? One you keep ignoring in the interest of being snide?

I'm just followed based on your views about constitution that limits government authority so I have no idea about whichever constitution will be, especially based on your view.

We do have federal tax on gas - you think it is unconstitutional?

We have federal mandate on education - known as NCLB, you think it is unconstitutional?

I believe that federal mandate is constitutional because I don't find any constitution that restrict federal authority to mandate.

The tenth ammendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

So, do you think there is any limit at all on what the Federal government can mandate?

The tenth ammendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

So, do you think there is any limit at all on what the Federal government can mandate?

They are allowed under commerce clause.

If you don't like it so Tenth Amendment need be redefinition because it is not clear or not enough detailed to override the commerce clause.

Now, the case via Supreme Court will be opinion, not fact that based on the constitution. It is known as judicial activism and it have been for many years.

If states decide to refuse to follow so they could lose the federal funding - remember about federal speed limit at 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back