What happen if US decide to cut Military fund?

PowerON

Reaction score
I'm just saying if they decide to cut military and change into defense only. US would save lot of billions but it can affect to industry in a bad business for a sure. What do you think?

I'm just saying if they decide to cut military and change into defense only. US would save lot of billions but it can affect to industry in a bad business for a sure. What do you think?

Clinton cut the military to save $$$ and changes the defense of America and the result was WTC.

lol it IS all same thing. military is part of defense budget.

I suppose what you meant is that we should reduce our defense budget and change our policy to isolationism. we tried and it didn't work very well. isolationism is actually a threat to our national security.

No, it was from the congress.

WTC happened on Bush watch.

Yes, Foxrac you are right Congress did pass CLINTON'S budget to reduce the defense department and security of America.

Yes, Foxrac you are right WYC happened on Bush's watch but logic tells us all that the many months (perhaps more than a year) happened during Clinton's watch.
Remember, success greatly depends on preparation, preparation, preparation.

Yes, Foxrac you are right Congress did pass CLINTON'S budget to reduce the defense department and security of America.

Yes, Foxrac you are right WYC happened on Bush's watch but logic tells us all that the many months (perhaps more than a year) happened during Clinton's watch.
indeed. at least Clinton admitted it and was forthcoming about it. It's a shame that Chris Wallace tried to smear him. What a coward.

yes indeed. success = preparation preparation preparation

Yemen plot exposes new world of U.S. spying – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs
Just about everyone CNN has spoken with within the intelligence community touts the value of the drone missile strikes. The program began in the Bush administration to target al Qaeda leaders in the tribal regions of Pakistan and has expanded extensively under President Obama. Terrorism experts including CNN's Peter Bergen agree the program has been extremely effective.

Military preparedness requires constant training of people and maintenance of equipment, regardless of the political philosophy. Whether we take an offensive stance or defensive stance, we must be fully prepared. What direction that preparation takes also depends on complete and accurate intelligence, and the analysis of that intelligence.

I used to imagine that American should build the field force that nobody would bomb on mainland. Focus on America and protect instead shipp solider to other countries.

Even during Republican Party controlled in the congress from 1995-2001?

You means WTC plot? Yup, the plot happened during Clinton Admin and we didn't have good anti-terrorism measurement until after 9/11/2001 happened. We had no idea about what people are doing with our country and 1993 WTC bombing looks almost nothing, except for some damages with 6 people died and around 1,000 injuried. The plot for 1993 WTC bombing was happened on first Bush Admin and already happened in one month after Clinton got in office.

If 1993 WTC bombing was terrible so enough and their original plan supposed to take two towers down with thousands of people dead so it means 9/11/2001 will never happened and we will probably have strong anti-terrorism measurement.

The congress and Clinton Admin didn't strengthen the anti-terrorism measurement were not change my vote and Clinton was good president so far than just only few problems.

I'm favor to cut the defense funding as longer as our defense is safe and strong. You can have effective, strong and excellent military with less funding but you need to think really hard about how you can adopt it. I don't support Iraq and Afghan wars anymore so war on terrorism is just unnecessary and waste of time. I just want our government to focus on domestic issue, not worry about other countries, except for Germany, Japan and South Korea.

Someone is always trying to cut the defense budget. Still stuff out there like the $500 wrench. To say nothing about planes and helicopters that are useless in wars like itaq and our present drawn out war.. . Unless we fight china there is no nation that could put up a war machine to do battle with the usa. We should focus more on taking out missles coming from iran.

I think USA's war with Afghan and Iran are all over oil and gas. They want more gas imported to USA.

What do you think?
What I think is that America is trying to help other countries and protect innocent people from their evil dictators (Hitler, Saddam and others) and communists (Vietnam war). Our government can't ignore those people. Of course it costs us ALOT of money. If North Korea (communist) invades South Korea, our soldiers will be there to help the South for sure.

What I think is that America is trying to help other countries and protect innocent people from their evil dictators (Hitler, Saddam and others) and communists (Vietnam war). Our government can't ignore those people. Of course it costs us ALOT of money. If North Korea (communist) invades South Korea, our soldiers will be there to help the South for sure.

I don't want our government to war with Iran, Russia, PRC China, North Sudan and Venezuela, unless they are threaten us.

I don't want our government to war with Iran, Russia, PRC China, North Sudan and Venezuela, unless they are threaten us.
I remember that Israel doesn't need our help to fight against Iran when if Iran declares a war against that country. I guess Israel is already prepared for it.

I remember that Israel doesn't need our help to fight against Iran when if Iran declares a war against that country. I guess Israel is already prepared for it.

If Israel is about be defeated by Iran so we have go out and help. :ugh:

Would rather cut the budget from DEA and Drug task forces thru-out the nation that alone would help a lot. Defense is #1 tho I don't like the war in the middle east and sending our troops out there just to babysit and train their forces as well rebuild their countries which is ABSURD since not one cizten out there has paid into the system here yet billions of our dollars go to them everyday. We have plague of issues that need solving here before even thinking about helping them out. But yes they come first we ciztens of the US are last. Many soliders come back with issues related to the war like ptsd etc...
Would focus more on border security and helping Mexico wipe their drug cartels out cause thats just too close to home than out there in the Middle East as well the fact once they pull out of the middle east it'd give the terror cells a false sense of security to come out in t he open then we can take care of the rest of them via drone attacks and be done with it all!

If Israel is about be defeated by Iran so we have go out and help. :ugh:
That's possible because we are their ally. Remember Iraq launched several missles to Israel during Gulf War so we helped Israel by launching anti-misssles.

Would rather cut the budget from DEA and Drug task forces thru-out the nation that alone would help a lot. Defense is #1 tho I don't like the war in the middle east and sending our troops out there just to babysit and train their forces as well rebuild their countries which is ABSURD since not one cizten out there has paid into the system here yet billions of our dollars go to them everyday. We have plague of issues that need solving here before even thinking about helping them out. But yes they come first we ciztens of the US are last. Many soliders come back with issues related to the war like ptsd etc...
Would focus more on border security and helping Mexico wipe their drug cartels out cause thats just too close to home than out there in the Middle East as well the fact once they pull out of the middle east it'd give the terror cells a false sense of security to come out in t he open then we can take care of the rest of them via drone attacks and be done with it all!

I understand your opinion that our troops stay there too long, "babysitting" the country (meaning more $$$). The problem is that their government is not completely established yet. They are processing very slow due to terrorists everywhere.

Back