What good thing happened to you today?

A wise plan.
we made many home improvments last year but it seems there's always more<sigh>

:wave:Bott, I'm glad your shared your experience at the store with the two boys and their mom I can see why that would be interesting and a bit worrisome since you thought they wanted your cane:aw:
Do you go to that Walmart often? I wonder if you'll see them again.

Dogmom, we probably go twice a month. And it is a big enough metro that I doubt I will see them again, but it was fun anyway. :)

Botti, :)oh, I see, I'm glad it was fun!

your story reminded me of one time I went to Shabbat -Friday eve. - services and saw a 20'ish-age woman sitting by herself on a bench in the outer hall, outside the service. She had a kind, gentle face and she seemed kinda sad. So I went to sit next to her to see if she wanted anyone to spend time with and she immediately started talking and seemed more happy. Based on my experiences with people with cognitive disabilities and the body language/lack of eye contact I was reading with her, I thought it seemed likely she either had a cognitive disability or mild/moderate autism. So we were talking and she told the rabbi as he passed her - look, here's my new friend! And she put her arm around me. And she smiled so happily. Then she asked me - do you have a disability? I said, yes, I have a learning disability. She was excited - said " I have a disability too! I have autism!" Then she introduced me to her boyfriend. She was actually quite "huggy", and I'm a hugging person, too but if I suspect or know someone has something on the Spectrum, then I ask if I can touch them. So I was leaving and because she seemed so friendly and excited, I did ask her, "Can I hug you?" and she "do you think you can't cuz I have autism? It's ok to hug me!" so I did.
She was a fun person to be with for that brief time, I did look for her again at other services but didn't see her.
So that was also a good thing that happened to me - though not so recent.

A wise plan.
we made many home improvments last year but it seems there's always more<sigh>

I built my house just 6 years ago, so there's nothing really to be "improved" yet, more of just changing things and adding things. At some point I want to re-do the tub and tile in the master bath (I posted pics of that before) but that will be more $$ than I want to spend right now for just that project. Later in the spring (or later, who knows!) It's got a large jacuzzi tub that I want to take out and replace with a smaller garden tub. But that will mess up the tile so that will have to get re-done too. Kind of sucks for it only being 6 years old, but that tub turned out not to be ideal for only one person using it and the amount of water it takes to fill it. And it's so big I can't sit in it without sliding down. At 5'7", I still do not have long enough legs !! :)

Two coworkers helped me out even though they didn't need to. Its nice to be reminded chivalry isn't dead :D

A Whole Foods worker heard me make some comment about wishing I knew what something tasted like on their food bar. So, he came up to me with a tray and asked what all I wanted to taste and if I found something I liked, just to see him at the counter and he would give me the recipe card. I got 6 free samples and got all 6 recipe cards.

I just got a call asking me to be the parking lot attendant today. It is a beautiful day here, very Springlike, and I am happy. :)

My zumba teacher's baby, always brings a smile to my face. He's so adorable , he's 5 months now and very big baby. I love him , so cute!

My kids went to the store with me to make sure I did not fall.

My kids went to the store with me to make sure I did not fall.

Mine do too....but not that I fall, they just won't let me go alone and hang on to my arm or following me around the store....do ur kitty-kats like to ride in the car?...Ours does, along with my doggie. So they go also, 99% of the time.

Mine do too....but not that I fall, they just won't let me go alone and hang on to my arm or following me around the store....do ur kitty-kats like to ride in the car?...Ours does, along with my doggie. So they go also, 99% of the time.

Our cats hate to ride in the car. They just cry and scream through the whole trip. But, then again, they hate being outside for any reason.

I had a cat who got in the car with me when I was getting ready to take my daughter "up the street". Since it was a short ride and I was coming straight home after dropping my daughter off, I let the cat come with us. She didn't seem to mind the ride.

Of course my kitties usually don't like to ride in the car cause they know they're going to the vet. :(

I had a cat who got in the car with me when I was getting ready to take my daughter "up the street". Since it was a short ride and I was coming straight home after dropping my daughter off, I let the cat come with us. She didn't seem to mind the ride.

Of course my kitties usually don't like to ride in the car cause they know they're going to the vet. :(

Going to the VET. So funny. Thats what I was thinking about Marley. My old dog loved the car. Marley is getting there but I do not drive very much anymore. Tomorrow she is going to the groomer. I will be able to see her face again. Right now she looks like a 4lb ball of fluff!!!:laugh2:

I was able to log on to AD again. I haven't been able to for a while now. Every time I tried my screen went blue. Well it works now.

I had a friend from Deaf church pick me up and give me a ride to and from church this morning.

We all took a ride to the other side of town to a place named Habli-Jax.....My son is looking for some furniture and had heard it was very cheap there, mostly donations....but they were closed today. Took a look into the window and it looks to be very nice!...So we'll be going back there this week to see what bargains we can find....

Back