What drinking over 30 beers a day does to you

metalangel

Reaction score
WARNING: Upsetting pictures.

Beverley Pickorer: Alcoholic mum faces death at 35 from chronic liver disease after drinking 40 cans a day - Mirror Online

Her frail body destroyed by years of alcohol abuse, dying Beverley *Pickorer lies trapped in her care home bed, unable to move at the age of just 35.

The jaundiced mum-of-four has cirrhosis of the liver, rotten teeth and cannot speak or feed herself after a decade of heavy drinking.

At her worst she would down 24 cans of lager a day plus seven pints in the pub and a bottle of perry cider.

Now she faces certain death her partner of six years, Anthony Howard, is forced to watch her fading away.

:shock:

Why is this so shocking? You abuse your body, your body responds in kind....

Laura

One of my dad's friend's daughter whom I grew up with died from the same thing at 42 years old. That was 3 years ago and I will be 42 this April so I am so happy that I am healthy and don't drink heavily.

Oh my jesus, I'm high risk for alcoholic because my grandfather had one and he drank a lot of beers everyday until his death in 1995.

I'm not shocked...but it's a good example....So many of my family were alcoholics too...and one of my neighbors is one at 48 and one at 60...it's horrible!....One is so skinny and the other has very bad teeth and many health problems....and from what I've heard, both has been in Rehab more than once, but continue to drink and drink....waking up in the AM with the "dt's" (detox tremors) (shakes) and first thing they do is grab a beer.....

24 cans a day?!?! I once went on a bender with 8 pints and swore I'd never do that again. I gotta wonder how did she keep going? You would think that maybe after 10 beers you're gonna think, "Whoa that's enough for today!"

But still, it's not some big secret and it's her responsibility and undoing.

both has been in Rehab more than once, but continue to drink and drink....waking up in the AM with the "dt's" (detox tremors) (shakes) and first thing they do is grab a beer.....

You know what's surprising is that you can actually die from alcohol withdrawal. That's why they have those detox centers so they can keep a close watch and provide medication as needed.

You know what's surprising is that you can actually die from alcohol withdrawal. That's why they have those detox centers so they can keep a close watch and provide medication as needed.

What's more surprising is how many people enable drinkers straight into the grave. If you love a person, you should help them stop, not allow them to help themselves to another beer....

24 cans a day?!?! I once went on a bender with 8 pints and swore I'd never do that again. I gotta wonder how did she keep going? You would think that maybe after 10 beers you're gonna think, "Whoa that's enough for today!"

But still, it's not some big secret and it's her responsibility and undoing.

I just cannot imagine drinking that much in such a short time. I love wine but after a glass or two, I don't want more. With beer, maybe 2 to 6 bottles a month.

I don't think I even had 30 beers the entire year last year. Good gravy trying to wrap my head around that.

I would think 30 cans of anything would kill you drinking every day...

You can die from drinking more water than your body can process.

The only I used beer was to give my hair volume . That was in the 60's when women tease their hair a lot. I am sure glad those hairstyle are over with.

Damn that's a lot of beer in one day, I don't think I could eat! I wouldn't have the room left! I'd be too full on beer! :shock: The part where she is dying is definitely not shocking though.... What did anyone expect to happen drinking that much?! :doh: It's sad she has to go so early but she did it to herself in reality. Would have been nice if she would have went to seek some sort of help. :(

Wow, that's a faster way to kill your liver. I can't imagine why would people consume 20-30 beers a day. It's sad and wasteful. :(

Never abuse yourself with anything, not only drug but food, too. Body need a balance.

Oh wow

Can killed kidney and liver for sure

Many million people do drink lots wine and beer like everyday and got drunk but police will ticket for sure how much drink you are

I do drink wine and beer once per day not everyday because I had kidney stone I do careful follow my dr's says

When princess Diana got crash they later she died next day at hospital and driver is so drunk!! I'm sure they're driver got drink too much around 8-13 or mores but France police have no idea driver is drunk but laws must breathe numbers how many drink you are..

CNN - Prosecutor: Diana's driver legally drunk - Sept. 1, 1997

Why should it be so surprising? My partner's grandmother cut her life short at the age of 49 to alcoholism and my mother-in-law (my partner's mother) passed away at the age of 50 to the very same thing: alcoholism. She drank 24-pack of beers everyday I cannot remember what brand of beer. I watched her dying to the last day on the deathbed with my partner's family. It was so awful to see the body shape she was in. My partner was an alcoholic just like them but he broke the generation cycle. I hope he lives up passing 50 years old. He needs to quit smoking as well.

It has to be $$$$ to drink 30 beers per day. How do you afford the rent and bills?

Also, how do you find time to do other things if you drink 30 beers per day?

Back