What does your Audiogram say about you???

peekaboo

Reaction score
1521751620914.png

I am in the range 70-90. I have a severely hearing loss. How about you? :)

Was severe-profound for the last few years. CI in one ear last year and the other ear is now profound and may be getting a CI in it later this year.

My left ear is in the 80-100 range (starts with 85-90ish then goes up to 80 fairly quick and then heads down with each pitch increase until it's at 100 at the very end) my right ear is in the 65-90 range, same thing as far as being the worst at the highest pitch, better at lower pitches with the exception of the very lowest) Hope that makes sense!

I didn't see mine last time. For me, controlling blood pressure seems to be key to slowing loss. I have been in chronic pain the past six months, but I think the problem is getting resolved. As you may know, pain elevates blood pressure. I have seen some problems lately, but I don't believe in chasing the audiogram. I am getting a radio receiver for church, and that should help until the pain problem is completely resolved. Functionally deaf, unaided.

Thanks guys, it gives each other a way to get to know each other better. :)

Mine is normal up to 750 Hz and then drops to moderate to severe in the mids and then severe to profound in the highs.

View attachment 24961

I am in the range 70-90. I have a severely hearing loss. How about you? :)

I'm in the light purple/orange range *sometimes light purple/orange to grey at 100*
my mom is in the light blue to grey range. (updating for her comes soon so we know where the hell she's at ever since her first one in 2014)

60-70 range but I know I have a lot of low end tones missing. I can't understand the graph properly. What does this say about my hearing loss?

60-70 range but I know I have a lot of low end tones missing. I can't understand the graph properly. What does this say about my hearing loss?
it says that you have a moderately severe hearing loss and the lows are between 125 through 250 :)

Sound like you may have reverse slope hearing loss. That can be hard for audiologist to work with. There's a website that discusses this and there's a FB group too.

http://hearinglosshelp.com/blog/the-bizarre-world-of-extreme-reverse-slope-hearing-loss/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Reverse.Slope/

I have both low freq and high freq loss.

I don't use Fb I find it makes me depressed, I keep away from news and FB.
But thanks for posting the link :) much appreciated

Do you guys ever get copies of YOUR Audiogram testing? I know I havent gotten not a one. :nono:

Yes, I always ask for a copy. Should I forget before leave the office, I'll email the office and they'll email me a copy.

Except in the 500-750 range, my audiogram sits at 60-80db - severe.

Back