What does the state you live say about your personality

Texas, and it is okay. There are a lot of welding jobs and other jobs in Houston. But there are so many private property to hunt. Also there are popular to fish near the ocean. Traffic all of times.

In a constant state of flux. Lived in many states but back in a early place now. And yet may be taking on a ship fish processing job off Alaska soon. New Adventures keep on rollin. Getting too old for this actually, but one last adventure.

In a constant state of flux. Lived in many states but back in a early place now. And yet may be taking on a ship fish processing job off Alaska soon. New Adventures keep on rollin. Getting too old for this actually, but one last adventure.

I like your username , it's cute. That sure does like an adventure , how long would you be on the ship?

Gulf of Mexico is not Ocean.

Yes, it is...it has a narrow connection to the Atlantic; therefore the tidal activity is much less than a fuller, direct connection to the larger ocean.....just like Florida.

No wonder you haven't around busy moving. I am Oceanblue7 changed my name to Rio

I saw one of those floating canneries off Ketchikan in the summer of 1978 while enroute to a remote island. I was told that fishermen could unload their catch and get a voucher so they didn't have to go all the way back to port. Also, for a dollar you could get a wee bar of soap and a towel to take a shower and I guess they also had a store of sorts there where one could get basic foods and snacks. I also remember fishermen, well, in my case my brother-in-law independent fisherman would get so much a pound per species of salmon. Of course, he got more for the king salmon. It was a wonderful trip for me...

I saw one of those floating canneries off Ketchikan in the summer of 1978 while enroute to a remote island. I was told that fishermen could unload their catch and get a voucher so they didn't have to go all the way back to port. Also, for a dollar you could get a wee bar of soap and a towel to take a shower and I guess they also had a store of sorts there where one could get basic foods and snacks. I also remember fishermen, well, in my case my brother-in-law independent fisherman would get so much a pound per species of salmon. Of course, he got more for the king salmon. It was a wonderful trip for me...

Tousi, you're mention of the floating canneries caught my eye, somewhere in around that year my husband was on one of those ships, in the engine room. One of the many and varied seagoing adventures he had in his working years. Been retired for about 7 years now.

http://geography.about.com/od/specificplacesofinterest/a/gulfofmexico.htm

" The Gulf of Mexico is a large ocean basin near the Southeastern United States. It is a part of the Atlantic Ocean and is bounded by Mexico to the southwest, Cuba and the Gulf Coast of the U.S. which includes the states of Florida "

It's a large ocean basin so I would think it would be OK to call it an ocean the water feed into the ocean and you can fish in it.

Back