Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to buy.....

1. Bialetti Easy Cafe 6-Cup Espresso Maker
41d7AKDs5pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2. a cool espresso cup (about 6 oz)
414Z5oEjW5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

3. any cheap conical burr coffee grinder

I have a stovetop moka pot at home but I need a stove in order to make a moka coffee so I gotta get electric-version for my office. Moka Coffee is my newfound drink.... better than espresso.

I want to buy an iPod Touch (well, actually I am ... whenever my SIL gets around to ordering it for me w/his employee discount).
Then I want to get a flip case for it (I'll be using it mainly as a replacement for my PDA).
Also, need to buy a few apps of course.
Have already ordered a bluetooth GPS receiver to use with it when I travel on the train later this year.
All that should keep my wallet empty for a while. :D

Jiro...

I think I just fell in love with you because you want to buy the real "espresso" maker, the moka pot. It's a necessity for ALL Cuban families. I think it was the first thing that my mom bought me when I moved out on my own. Either that or a Hitachi rice cooker.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Repost....I created a similar post about what you want to buy.

I want to buy.....

1. Bialetti Easy Cafe 6-Cup Espresso Maker
41d7AKDs5pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2. a cool espresso cup (about 6 oz)
414Z5oEjW5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

3. any cheap conical burr coffee grinder

I have a stovetop moka pot at home but I need a stove in order to make a moka coffee so I gotta get electric-version for my office. Moka Coffee is my newfound drink.... better than espresso.

LOL I grew up with this very same kind of espresso maker. My mom learned from the next door who arrived USA from CUBA. Their life was sad but in the end they finally got together and had good life. I am so addicted to this drink. I should buy one for myself if my hubby wants to too. I like to add milk in it. yummy! yes I was 5 yrs drinking that strong stuff! :lol: My parents bought the right kind of coffee. I NEED to send email to my mom about what kind of coffee did they usually buy years ago.

LOL I grew up with this very same kind of espresso maker. My mom learned from the next door who arrived USA from CUBA. Their life was sad but in the end they finally got together and had good life. I am so addicted to this drink. I should buy one for myself if my hubby wants to too. I like to add milk in it. yummy! yes I was 5 yrs drinking that strong stuff! :lol: My parents bought the right kind of coffee. I NEED to send email to my mom about what kind of coffee did they usually buy years ago.

There's actually a name for those espressos with a little milk: Cortadito. If it's a full cup of milk with a shot of espresso, then it's a cafe con leche.

Cubans usually buy Bustelo or Pilon. Let me know if they used the same brand!

There's actually a name for those espressos with a little milk: Cortadito. If it's a full cup of milk with a shot of espresso, then it's a cafe con leche.

Cubans usually buy Bustelo or Pilon. Let me know if they used the same brand!

Ohh awesome. From I remember that it's half espresso and half milk. so does that mean its still called cafe con leche? I just sent it to my mom recently. Just wait for them to reply back.

I want to buy a leather long sofa and iPAD3 this fall.

Ohh awesome. From I remember that it's half espresso and half milk. so does that mean its still called cafe con leche? I just sent it to my mom recently. Just wait for them to reply back.

No, half milk and half espresso is still a cortadito. Cortaditos can have a little up to 50% milk. Cafe con leche has mostly milk (50.1% or more :)). Cortaditos usually are stand alone drinks while cafe con leche is usually served with toasted cuban bread with butter to dunk into the coffee.

l

This is a very stereotypical Cuban breakfast. See how the coffee is kinda milky? It is pretty dark though.. probably has 50.1% milk. ;)

No, half milk and half espresso is still a cortadito. Cortaditos can have a little up to 50% milk. Cafe con leche has mostly milk (50.1% or more :)). Cortaditos usually are stand alone drinks while cafe con leche is usually served with toasted cuban bread with butter to dunk into the coffee.

l

This is a very stereotypical Cuban breakfast. See how the coffee is kinda milky? It is pretty dark though.. probably has 50.1% milk. ;)

The Cuban bread looks a lot like a corn tortilla. Am I close?

For quite a while I wanted to buy an iPhone. Then, I did! Just 2 weeks ago. Loving it !!!

l

then yes its cortaditos. I am hungry when i see the breakfast. Sometimes its a little darker and still milk in it when i wanted it to be. Are you part of cuban? if so, i gotta love black bean with white rice. The next door knew how much I loved it so they made the huge one when i came over. :lol:

The Cuban bread looks a lot like a corn tortilla. Am I close?

Nah, it's just a weird angle. Cuban bread is very similar to french bread. (Some people say they are basically the same, but we, Cubans, pretend that Cuban bread is MUCH better). Imagine "french bread" cut in half lengthwise, slather on butter on the inside sides, put it back together and put it in a sandwich press. Kinda like a panini press but without the grooves.

*drool* Im soooo hungry!!!!

then yes its cortaditos. I am hungry when i see the breakfast. Sometimes its a little darker and still milk in it when i wanted it to be. Are you part of cuban? if so, i gotta love black bean with white rice. The next door knew how much I loved it so they made the huge one when i came over. :lol:

I'm actually 100% Cuban. Both of my parents were born in Cuba and fled to US when Fidel took over. The black beans with rice is to die for! In fact, I'm thinking about making a whole batch this weekend to last me all next week.

Nah, it's just a weird angle. Cuban bread is very similar to french bread. (Some people say they are basically the same, but we, Cubans, pretend that Cuban bread is MUCH better). Imagine "french bread" cut in half lengthwise, slather on butter on the inside sides, put it back together and put it in a sandwich press. Kinda like a panini press but without the grooves.

*drool* Im soooo hungry!!!!
Italian bread also looks like a long hot dog roll. How original. :P
I think a typical American breakfast is coffee with a bowl of cereal or a donut. I am not a follower of this trend.

I'm actually 100% Cuban. Both of my parents were born in Cuba and fled to US when Fidel took over. The black beans with rice is to die for! In fact, I'm thinking about making a whole batch this weekend to last me all next week.

Don't forget the Glade. :P

orsapy.jpg

Zombie Chucks. Of course the $220.00 price tag will probably keep from actually buying them.

can you mail me some ???!!!

Back