What do you like most about the holiday season?

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
What do you like most about the holiday season? I really love all of the Christmas movies and music :) also, I like seeing the faces of my nieces and nephews when they open their gifts.

What about you?

longer vacation days

All the fun foods that are not in the store the rest of the year.

2 weeks off from teaching and my son opening his gifts. :)

^^ same...two weeks off from work. One of the very few reasons I still teach, in spite of the job giving me ulcers. Lol

The sights & sounds. And the Pecan Snowballs...if I get around to making them.

And knowing that the days are starting to get longer. :D

I used to get 2 weeks off from school but the university changed their terms and now I only get one week. I was not happy lol

Wirelessly posted (droid)

1 week is too short!

I'm looking forward to hanging out with my kids. It doesn't matter what I buy or do. It's the precious gift of time together.

Seeing friends and family, spiced wine, good food, fireplaces, snow, the smell of pine trees, downhill skiing, playing cards and board games, cracking nuts, and best part of all, watching the kids go nuts xmas morning :) My mother was born on Christmas day and she passed away when I was 15 so I didn't enjoy xmas until my own children were old enough to get excited about it.

Oh, I forgot one more thing! The white shimmering lights o of my Christmas tree lighting up my living room at night. I love that!

Yesterday as I was driving home from work, I passed through an intersection and BOOM! There it was, the most beautiful Christmas tree I have ever seen in my life! It was so beautiful, with purple and white lights and surrounded by the blind traffic, and I stared for a moment. It sticks with me today.

shopping for Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews and seeing their reactions when they open them. I just love spoiling the kids. Not sure if I will be able to afford much this year, but I'm going to try.

I like to see the most fascination is Xmas lights. Pine tree, I luv the smell every once a year. Snowflake is the most amazing season of the year. I enjoy once again to hear the music everywhere at the shopping. My favorite holiday is to stay home watching movies by the fireplace.

I love going into Old Town Alexandria and seeing the 18th century style decorations on the doors and windows. People put up the half-circle of greenery, often with apples, sometimes with a pineapple (a symbol of hospitality). They also do magnolia-leaf wreaths and boxwood wreaths, as well as fir-tree and pine wreaths. And almost everyone does the single-candle-in-the-window decoration, too. Usually these are electric candles, but sometimes even with real candles (in a glass hurricane vase) if the inside window sill is deep enough.

And all the white lights down King Street. It's really beautiful.

Christmas Eve service and then the end of it all. Too much hype and such for me anymore. IT was better when my kids were smaller and family all came to visit or we went to see family. Sadly, we don't have that anymore and the kids are older and for all of us, it's just another day. Personally, I think it's my MIL who has ruined it for me.

Back