What do you do when...

angelique.

Reaction score
you don't have anybody to talk to, because everyone you once knew just walked out on you, or just decided not to speak to you or they just don't want to listen to you anymore?

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Did that happen to you recently?

I'd rather not get into detail, but i feel like im just in a world where im all by myself.

you don't have anybody to talk to, because everyone you once knew just walked out on you, or just decided not to speak to you or they just don't want to listen to you anymore?

I make the earliest appointment I can get with a counselor. You'd be surprised how much therapy helps you to get an objective look of your current situation.

Laura

I become very introspective and wonder how I became such a problem to every single person I know that no one wants to communicate with me.

Then I consult a cognitive behavioral therapist who will give me the exact direction I need so that I have good social skills and nothing like this ever happens to me again.

Afterwards, I buy a dog, and begin to practice being nice, and hope the dog cures me of thinking everything is all about me.

What to do when you don't have anybody to talk to, because everyone you once knew just walked out on you, or just decided not to speak to you or they just don't want to listen to you anymore?

Like Botts said, I would have to think about what I did.

Do you have the ability to sense when other people are annoyed with you?

Not to be cold, but if it feels like people don't want to be around you, and you think that you've done nothing wrong, then the problem is most likely....you.

See a therapist to get to the root of your issues.

I don't know if the OP is D/deaf, but isolation can be quite common at times for us. Like Bott says, maybe get a dog. If my dog could talk, I would be in so much trouble. I "bitch" to her about everything.

I become very introspective and wonder how I became such a problem to every single person I know that no one wants to communicate with me.

Then I consult a cognitive behavioral therapist who will give me the exact direction I need so that I have good social skills and nothing like this ever happens to me again.

Afterwards, I buy a dog, and begin to practice being nice, and hope the dog cures me of thinking everything is all about me.

please buy me

this has happened with time, it didn't just happen all at once. and i don't think it was funny "buy a dog and learn to be nice" kind of immature in my opinion. I came here as stupid as it sounds because i have not a single person i can talk to. whats the use, im sure you will mock me some more anyways. sorry to even post anything....

Checked ur profile...you're a "Teacher"?......Me thinks the suggestion about getting a dog is really good....I have one, and always have had one. So I never feel alone or that the world is against me or talking about me, etc....We all have our good days along with the bad ones....So perhaps ask urself what brought on this "episode" and if you are or not the blame....Then take it from there...

Sounds like you just broke up with your boyfriend?

this has happened with time, it didn't just happen all at once. and i don't think it was funny "buy a dog and learn to be nice" kind of immature in my opinion. I came here as stupid as it sounds because i have not a single person i can talk to. whats the use, im sure you will mock me some more anyways. sorry to even post anything....

Those are all steps I have done as a person on the autism spectrum!

But from this response, I do see a bit why people are pushing you away.

Isolation is something everyone feels at some point in their life. Realizing people have taken the time out of their own busy life to post suggestions here, is learning to be thankful and a lesson in understanding you’re not alone. Turning your back to these helpful suggestions and replying with harsh words will only isolate you more.
Maybe a dog is not a good fit for you right now for whatever reasons but it was still a suggestion. A Thank You with the request for more suggestions would of went a long ways. If you want people in your life and/or the old people back, you might take a deep look at yourself and why they pushed you away, then try an apology, it too can go a long ways.

Pho recipe???

And my husband makes good Pho. :wave:

I know this is totally off topic :topic: BUT will he share the recipe??? I love Pho, but haven't good Pho since I was commuting to Boston every week.... Would love to make it at home.

I know this is totally off topic :topic: BUT will he share the recipe??? I love Pho, but haven't good Pho since I was commuting to Boston every week.... Would love to make it at home.

He is at work at the moment, but I will certainly ask him and try to post it here if you want to check back tomorrow. :lol:

Isolation is something everyone feels at some point in their life. Realizing people have taken the time out of their own busy life to post suggestions here, is learning to be thankful and a lesson in understanding you’re not alone. Turning your back to these helpful suggestions and replying with harsh words will only isolate you more.
Maybe a dog is not a good fit for you right now for whatever reasons but it was still a suggestion. A Thank You with the request for more suggestions would of went a long ways. If you want people in your life and/or the old people back, you might take a deep look at yourself and why they pushed you away, then try an apology, it too can go a long ways.

You are 100% right.

Part of the problem is that we have many threads like this one, hence some of the unexpected replies.

I deal with quite a few people who have the same kind of issues, and most of them are difficult to reason with, so sometimes a blunt response is the best response. Those that want to be helped will listen and digest, then think of ways to rectify.

Back