What do you do for living?

Try a new direction? I think the sex toy industry may be more suitable for you. Hahahahaha. Can let people open up new worlds!!

Engineer for manufacturing in North America plants.

Any deaf mechanical/chemical engineers out there?

Thanks
There is or was a major Deaf University in the Rochester Area.

I could call to mind a few classmates who were in electrical stuff in Vocational at the very beginning of the PC Computer Era back in the 80's they most certainly have gone to that University to get educated on those things.

I have a little myself but its not certified, not diploma'ed, not bonded or gauranteed. Just a prayer, tool box and a sick 18 wheeler deep in the remote mountains a day from Civilization.

There is or was a major Deaf University in the Rochester Area.

Yep that's NTID- National Technical Institute for the Deaf. They are connected to Rochester Institute of Technology. They're still going strong. I wonder if NTID and Gallaudet still do the NTID/Gally battle thing (for the life of me I can't remember what that whole day is called. They do all kinds of challenges, events and games. I had a T-shirt but I have no idea where it disappeared to.

Me- currently a Processing Clerk.

I am hearing and actually provide closed captioning on everything that comes across our project list. Anything from webinars to meetings, to lectures, to programs and movies. I am also working on getting certified for professional genealogy and learning ASL to provide services in the deaf community for genealogy research.

I'm retired; however, I write mystery novels. My first novel entitled Deaf Takes a Holiday sold a few copies a month for the first year. In the meantime, I'm working on the sequel, 'Til Deaf Us Do Part.
That's so fun!

l worked for many years as a Volunteer for children with learning difficulties then trained as a Optometric Receptionist but had to give work as got severe M.E. So l did and still do , a few jobs working from home, ie Writing etc.

housekeeper at a hotel for many many years at least it keeps me busy
I don't know how you do it.

I have not been in too many since we got out of trucking, however there were a few that were not doing well with other economic interests other than travelers depending on where they are located.

I had a incident one time in a Indianapolis Holiday Inn that was well past it's prime by decades. Anyway I was a hungry driver and found their resturant section. Took a table in the corner. Waitress came along eventually took a order for a proper full dinner and poured coffee and a bit of brandy since I was laid over and not expecting dispatch that weekend. That friday afternoon.

Anyway she stayed with me at the table and showed some skill at making conversation without intruding too much. Next thing I know I had 7 Staff with me all participating in the conversation as dinner progressed. Turned out the place was slated to close and demo'ed in due time and there was absolutely no work sufficient for all of the people who were being kept on by a owner grateful for their services on the clock. So I decided lets see how I can keep all of them coming and going with the food. Expanded my dinner into a sort of fixings as we say in the mountains with a little of everything. (Poor cook...)

Everyone got a small tip for their trouble. Hopefully it exceeded their hourly pay for their time at the table. There was money made that week and plenty to go around so generosity was the order of the day, particularly after that situation of being over staffed at the table. I have no right to expect such a situation ever again however it was a once in a lifetime thing and was happy to have met everyone.

The bigger manager saw what happened but was gracious in keeping out of it. She could have marched in and barked all of them find work. Shoo. Scram etc. In a way they were working in a place so dead as not to have anything to do right then other than deal with me.

Breath,best I can, try to keep food down, drink water, lots and lots, clean if I can get it, if not then as little as I can stomach

I'm just launching my startup. I have always wanted to be independent. Sometimes I get some side money from playing on resources like https://bezdepozytu.com.pl/darmowe-spiny/25-darmowych-spinow-bez-depozytu/ . I believe that successful people don't become that way overnight . Most people you see as a glance-wealth, a great career, purpose-is the result of hard work and hustle over time. I pray that anyone who reads this will be successful in life.

Last edited:
work on shop floor stocking and helping delivery driver when deliveries arrive. it can be a nightmare to hear customers when they are wearing face mask, i have to apologise and ask them to repeat what they are saying at times, i normally watch the lips, like lip reading while listening to make out what they are saying lol but face coverings make it trickier for me.

I'm retired; however, I write mystery novels. My first novel entitled Deaf Takes a Holiday sold a few copies a month for the first year. In the meantime, I'm working on the sequel, 'Til Deaf Us Do Part.
Hello Chase I'm Bobby624 nice to meet you well I'm retired also I'd like to get a copy of that literature you wrote Deaf takes a holiday it seems like very interesting reading. I'm 59 and I have been Deaf & hard of hearing since the early 80' there is so much more information since the 1980s and as we keep evolving there's always hopes and dreams for mechanical devices for our world. Take care for now

Hi all it's Bobby624 and I'm retired too my prior positions were as a customer service representative for several companies when I used to live and work in NYC and I also have past experience working as a Hotel front Desk Agent.

Back