What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned that Honesty is best policy because when i worked today at my boss' furniture store as weekly cleaning and i spotted $20.00 on the floor at my boss office while i vacuumed the carpet and i picked it up and walked to warehouse in rear and handed $20.00 to him and told him that i found it on the floor and he said "Thank you and i have been looking for that." And then later, he gave me a check for my weekly job along with a reward ($40.00 plus $10.00) for being honesty and shook his hand and then he left the furniture store to errand his doing today.... I was so proud of myself for being honest myself and i felt that probably that my boss was testing me as he could have planted the $20.00. At first, i was tempted to take the $20.00 but i decided not do that so best to give it back to my boss.... And then i told my wife what happened today at work and she said she is proud of me for being honest today!!!! :D
It is a very similar thing to the banks, when someone hires people they do a tempting test, if they don't find money an temptation, they're hired.

wow that is lucky really that is nice!!

Yes, indeed that is lucky for me for being honest today!!! :D

It is a very similar thing to the banks, when someone hires people they do a tempting test, if they don't find money an temptation, they're hired.

Yeah that is very true because they cannot afford loose money on the job meant not hiring any thieves!!!!!

i learned about a common treatment for thyroid cancer today..

I am sorry to hear that you have thyroid cancer but i had thyroid surgery to remove right and some partial left and on medication for rest of my life since 1991.... We will pray for your well being!!!

dixieboy.. no it is not for me but i am study as work for a health company..i got that news.. just news.. just interz about thier secret hidden information! yikes.. tsk tsk hospital, dr, etc! they looks for money.. sad..

dixieboy.. no it is not for me but i am study as work for a health company..i got that news.. just news.. just interz about thier secret hidden information! yikes.. tsk tsk hospital, dr, etc! they looks for money.. sad..

Tell us something new...

OK I understand! serious!!!

i learned about a common treatment for thyroid cancer today..

..how come?

I learned that my country was the first one to abolish capital punishment.
I learned that most people (still) are way to superficial..

Last night, I learned that Chuck Zito did KO'ed Jean-Claude Van Damme back in 1998 at the nightclub. Surprised to learn that Mr. Zito holds a black belt in nine marital arts. Chuck Zito is probably the best known actor played in HBO's series OZ (1997-2003).

Again, just also learned that the fact Van Damme did have a heart attack on his 50th birthday!! (Oct. 18th) pretty shock, isn't it? Since I know I kept interesting to research on his background and personal life 'cause I missed my unexpected opportunity to meet him in Munich during the night of Sept. 24th whereas my SO did met him in our hotel's Italian restaurant...I was so worn out after all day strolling around in Munich and fell asleep at 9:30 pm in my hotel room. Can't believe that he's going to be in another installment movie - Universal Soldier 4 and guess what? Big news - he's back in marital arts touranment game with his oppoent Russian fighter in Russia or Thailand(?) in April 2011 after Van Damme's 28 years retirement.

I find out that My bf drove the little car and on the way to his job. He saw a moose run out of the forest to roadway and front of his car. He slapped the brake and felt the moose's rear legs hit the car's bumper.

Lucky.... nothing happened to hurt or damage! :shock:

LDanna, that's terrible! I'm sorry you are going thru this. Hopefully, it will cease.....

LDanna, that's terrible! I'm sorry you are going thru this. Hopefully, it will cease.....

yes that is sad bad illness not well I chat to her, seems she is very not well I pray for her! hope be feeling better! :D

@Tousi They have always been a bit mean and spiteful. They first did not believe I was going to have surgery 10 years ago. Then, after surgery, they said it wasnt serious and I had to be back in one week. Then, they did not believe I could not hear them. When I got the HAs they made fun of me. My boss will stand behind me and say hurtful things bc she knows I cant hear her. She also sends very rude emails. Now I am sick. I have over 400 hours accrued and they demand a doctors note that same day. Lucky I have one. My husband took it to them that day. Then, they want very detailed information about my dr visit. My lawyer said no. Only that I saw the dr, that I was treated and when I would be released for work is more than enough. The lawyer also said that I could have a very good case for discrimination and violation of my rights. I dont want to do that. I just want to work, be able to use the benefits that are provided and be able to work without having to look behind my back. That seems so simple hm?

I'm sorry to hear that and it sounds like a classic case of office bullying to me.

seems not good feeling better hard weak stress increase my think! I learn cut off rest balance otherwise my time serious worst not good health! that is why reason! that is otherwise! I found it bit tired and easy tired strong! I Hope be feeling well not complication but i have difficult! I have problem suffer life notice my feeling not good! take an few days!

I find out that My bf drove the little car and on the way to his job. He saw a moose run out of the forest to roadway and front of his car. He slapped the brake and felt the moose's rear legs hit the car's bumper.

Lucky.... nothing happened to hurt or damage! :shock:
lol.. I read too fast.. "a mouse run out .." then thought how hell the moose leg came out of nowhere. :lol:

what's my name? what year is it? I need some sleep!

Finally, I learned to how to fix the ceiling fan and the pull chain went ripped off so I sent an hour on research to how to fix it so I went to store to buy new pull chain with 3 speed/4 wires so I went down to basement to turn entire of electricity in my room went off by breaker and opened the bottom fan and managed to remove the old pull chain but have hard time to pull wires off so figured to open the old pull chain to remove all wires. I know about colors of wire, black - L, gray - 1, brown - 2 and purple - 3 so all went in new pull chain then put fan bottom up on and went to basement to turn it on so all worked. :D

I never learn how to fix the electricity stuff until now, except for already learned to control the breaker when I was teen.

So today I learned what forum trolling is. Seems rather petty or obsessive huh?

lol.. I read too fast.. "a mouse run out .." then thought how hell the moose leg came out of nowhere. :lol:

what's my name? what year is it? I need some sleep!
Your name is Sally and it is the year 1987

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back