What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that I get my hopes up waaaaaaay to fast.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Juli-terp-to-be said:
I learned that I get my hopes up waaaaaaay to fast.

Most people do, including me.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

It was something my dad had mentioned to me in one of our conversations. He has deep thinking, he pointed out that when people say, " you should" its a controling personality. In most cases it appears to be, there is also, a good way to put good use to the word "you should". He will often bring up stuff like this to get my opinion or what I think about it.

I agree with your dad..I have always avoided people who talk to me that way. I had problems with a former roommate who was always saying "You should do this or you should do that"..got fed up with it. I have a coworker who does that and not many people at work like her.

Most people do, including me.

I sent my resume to a new job, and had been emailing back and forth with HR all week. Now I didn't get a reply this morning and I am getting worried LOL. Maybe it's cause of the weekend.

I agree with your dad..I have always avoided people who talk to me that way. I had problems with a former roommate who was always saying "You should do this or you should do that"..got fed up with it. I have a coworker who does that and not many people at work like her.
My best old friend has been doing this with me. I know he means well and is as close to me as a brother but I am talking to him less and less because of all the "you shoulds". Of course he is probably right and just hates to see me suffering but that still does not change my response. Thanks for bringing this up I really was kind of clueless as to why the widening gulf. Best old friends are not something you can ever replace,, ouch.

I sent my resume to a new job, and had been emailing back and forth with HR all week. Now I didn't get a reply this morning and I am getting worried LOL. Maybe it's cause of the weekend.

Shel90, my dad is deep thinker, we often into interesting topics like that one. I learn a lot from those conversations.

Juli-I am sure they will be in touch with you regarding the job. I know how it can be thinking the worse scenario. I will keep my :fingersx:

Hopefully everything will work out.:) Many times, places don't do that stuff on the weekend, so stay positive!

I learned that I have writing research papers :(

I'm quite sure it's due to closed office hours, especially if she uses a company email address ;) I wouldnt sweat it yet and I hope it works out for you!! :wave:

OUch. :P I am one of those.

I learned that my brother's girlfriend has a dirty mind just like my hubby's. Those two together are trouble! :lol:

Hopefully everything will work out.:) Many times, places don't do that stuff on the weekend, so stay positive!

I learned that I have writing research papers :(

Its going to be a long night? Get the coffee brewing.

Wirelessly posted (Sidekick LX: Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I learn Villians in any story can win because Heros don't have to be always winners for anything. It is more interesting how villians are doing. :)

I like to read and know more about villains. "Bad" people are more interesting to me. :P

I learned I still can't dance

I was only able to when drunk. I don't drink anymore, therefore I don't dance.

I remember getting plastered while at a Mikey Gilley's bar here in WPB, and dancing on the railing to the live band. Now, mind you, the railing was only 4 inches wide and I was 280 pounds at the time. :giggle:

I learned today... after a couple hours of trying on clothes.. that I am definitely losing weight, I'm giddy with glee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back