What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just learned today the readings of db from the audiologist and the readings of the local deaf society are different. I am going to go by the deaf society. That makes me plain and simple severely deaf. This confirms in my opinion that audiologists are only in for making hearing aid sales.

I learn to prevent ear infections the weather in Northern Ireland at this moment in time doesn't help :(

Today I learned that it might rain during my friend's birthday party tonight. I hope not. :(

I learned that I love sunflower seeds already "out of shell". I used to love picking them out of their shells, but buying them pre-shelled lets me just enjoy the flavor !!!! :)

i learn it study php and database I am research find more grow my skills!

I learned about the creation of schools for deaf students by watching Through Deaf Eyes.

I learned that I am not surprised my hometown team #11 ranked Mizzou Tigers beat the #1 ranked Oklahoma Sooners. Woot!

I learned that I am not surprised my hometown team #11 ranked Mizzou Tigers beat the #1 ranked Oklahoma Sooners. Woot!

As I watched the baseball game mostly, I still switched over to Mizzou and OU and the Tigers were very effective with spreading out OU's secondary. Maybe this is their year for the Big 12? who knows but anytime you beat OU many teams will say they had a successful season. I don't know schedule with big 12 north/south but playoff with Nebraska upcoming???? could be good. Too bad money, and boosters, and special interests are destroying these good rivalries with offers too good to refuse to alliance with other conferences with TV, cable, region contracts and collective bargaining etc etc.

I was happy at first with the conference shifting when Boise St joined my Utah Utes conference. Instantly we had perennial contenders Utah, TCU, BYU, and now Boise St. Already have the MWC network which I think is awesome. THEN I hear Utah going to PAC 10- I got really BITTER about the whole thing. Yeah when dealing with recruiting allure and financial assets and a BCS conference yeah it all make sense. But, in local areas we have made rivalries that have been fun to evolve and now would be hard to include all the old rivalries in the few out of conference games allowed to schedule each season.

Thanks to one of my customers hitting one today with her car...I just learned that a javalina is a wild pig. When she told me she hit an animal...a javalina...my response was, "You hit a WHAT? What the hell is a javalina?" She laughed and told me...a wild pig... a razorback. Things that make you go hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhh :o)

Thanks to one of my customers hitting one today with her car...I just learned that a javalina is a wild pig. When she told me she hit an animal...a javalina...my response was, "You hit a WHAT? What the hell is a javalina?" She laughed and told me...a wild pig... a razorback. Things that make you go hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhh :o)
lol that is razorback??? means I am not sure!

Wirelessly posted

Razorback... usually someone's escaped pig that reverted back to an animal that looks like a boar.

Saskatchewan should have few available to hunt.

Wirelessly posted

Razorback... usually someone's escaped pig that reverted back to an animal that looks like a boar.

That is true! I agree you!!

Wirelessly posted

BZZT!!! That is a wild boar you have described. This is a Razorback:
page3_1.jpg

WOO PIG SOOIE!! (We gave Houston a problem when we beat Ole Miss!)

We have wild boars down here you are allowed to hunt as well but you must obtain a permit from the AGFC to legally take one and you must notify them if you will be using a 'hog dog'.

I learned today that a neighbor who makes a living out of...who knows, and has been in deep trouble because of drugs, jumped the fence of my house and took one of our bicycles cause he needed it for an "emergency" !! THE NERVE OF HIM!!! Gosh, this has me so pissed off. How we got to learn about this? Cause he actually called my mom and told her about it :S He said that he called at night and since no one answered he just took the liberty of jumping in and then put it back...how the hell does that make any freaking sense? So if I lack something in my house, I go to yours, call and if you don't answer I don't care and find a way to get in? That's wrong and intrusive in so many levels.

Grr I am learn it not easy cope my difficult! complication!! that is why not easy! be patient try be learn improve best hard work!

I learned that my temper fuse is getting shorter and shorter these days. Holidays have nothing to do with it. Doc doesn't understand it and can't figure out what's going on. I think it's just the stress of dealing with my mother's declining status. I understand why it's happening, but that doesn't make going through it easier.

Wirelessly posted

Dixie said:
souggy said:

BZZT!!! That is a wild boar you have described. This is a Razorback:

page3_1.jpg

WOO PIG SOOIE!! (We gave Houston a problem when we beat Ole Miss!)

We have wild boars down here you are allowed to hunt as well but you must obtain a permit from the AGFC to legally take one and you must notify them if you will be using a 'hog dog'.

I was under the impression boars are naturally wild, undomesticated and originally imported from Europe, while razorbacks are feral pigs, escaped from farms, that resembles a boar in a free-range environment?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back