What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very sad news. He was so young! I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Thank you. He was out jogging when he had his heart attack.

That sad..
I was at bus stop woman talking to me husband her daughter in hospital brain tumour only few months before she pass away leaving 4year old and 2yr old.
No rhyme or reason to these things...
Sorry Reb but God dice player

I learned that I had emails in my student account at school from January 2012! :jaw::jaw::jaw: I deleted all of the email except the ones from this semester.

Learned that the 7 dead squirrels in our Courtyard were killed by a neighbor's 2 cats that she lets roam around day and night....Last month, I went over and asked her nicely if she would keep her Cats inside, as they would come onto my Patio and my doggie would really have a fit nd my own Cat hissing and yowling....She closed her glass patio door on me!...Real snotty bitch!!...So I said..."well, looks like I'll have to call the Office about this"...she said "whatever!".

I didn't, as I don't like to make waves with neighbors...but after seeing all those squirrels for a few weeks...I did....Guessing they will trap them and take them to Animal Control this week....Had an incident with one other neighbor shooting them with a BB Gun, as they ate the bird food from his hangars....That was months ago, and he hasn't done it again.

Squirrels don't bother me...they are cute...and some of us throw out parched peanuts for them during the winter and stale bread.

Learned that the 7 dead squirrels in our Courtyard were killed by a neighbor's 2 cats that she lets roam around day and night....Last month, I went over and asked her nicely if she would keep her Cats inside, as they would come onto my Patio and my doggie would really have a fit nd my own Cat hissing and yowling....She closed her glass patio door on me!...Real snotty bitch!!...So I said..."well, looks like I'll have to call the Office about this"...she said "whatever!".

I didn't, as I don't like to make waves with neighbors...but after seeing all those squirrels for a few weeks...I did....Guessing they will trap them and take them to Animal Control this week....Had an incident with one other neighbor shooting them with a BB Gun, as they ate the bird food from his hangars....That was months ago, and he hasn't done it again.

Squirrels don't bother me...they are cute...and some of us throw out parched peanuts for them during the winter and stale bread.

You could get a spray bottle and fill it with water and use it on the cats the next time they get onto your patio . I used one on my own cats to keep them from jumping on kitchen table , it didn't take long for my cats to break that habit . I just had to pick up the bottle and they backed down.

so she should sit by the patio door until the cats come by?
Can't see that happening. Best thing to do is have them caught and either given to the woman and told to keep them indoors or Animal Control takes over since they are loose.

attachment.php

Attachments

• birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 105
Cyber people take this internet way to serious lol

My son and his girlfriend bought a house today. If everything goes well they will get the keys in 30 days. I'm happy but nervous for them. Houses here are so expensive.

In light of what I read above from Annie and Angel I changed the avvie to a png (no animation). I have other animated avvies but not as bad (and not Halloween lol).

But please, next time if you have a problem or concern with avatars (mine or anyone else's) please PM privately rather than point it out to make me feel ridiculously bad publicly.

In light of what I read above from Annie and Angel I changed the avvie to a png (no animation). I have other animated avvies but not as bad (and not Halloween lol).

But please, next time if you have a problem or concern with avatars (mine or anyone else's) please PM privately rather than point it out to make me feel ridiculously bad publicly.

The thing is it is not just yours. It is a message for anyone thinking of or using animation and how much of a problem it can be. Maybe the wording could have been better just using yours as an example as turning it off is an all or nothing thing. We cannot just turn some off; we have to have everyone's either on or off.

I more lazy than I thought and can quite happily watch others doing my house work with out flicker of guilt,apparently I should feel guilts but I don't.Wish known this years ago they could done it then

:DAngel congrats to son and girlfriend on the house!

well,this was yesterday but - that essential oil of mint is not a good thing in one's eye

i also learned of some sad news on here!:(
I'm so sorry also about your husband's friend, AC, as well as your contract not extended, LoveBlue!

:grouphug:

My son and his girlfriend bought a house today. If everything goes well they will get the keys in 30 days. I'm happy but nervous for them. Houses here are so expensive.

Houses are very expensive in New England with the long cold winters we get , the heating bills kill you. Are you having a house warming party for them?

I heard of people giving a knife with money wrapped are the blade for good luck .

That odd thing to give a knife,i could think of a few things none of which is lucky

I learn words to 'little poppy of flanders'

I have never heard of giving a knife as a housewarming gift either.

Seems to be a superstition/very old tradition to give a knife as a housewarming gift; some say it is good luck some say it's bad luck to do it.

this blog says bad luck-
http://newworldwitchery.com/tag/housewarming/

Same thing here
https://lansky.com/index.php/blog/knife-superstitions-folklore/#.Vi6PJ5dNqZY

With a history as long as 2.6 million years, it’s no wonder superstitions about knives can be found all over the world. Here are a few interesting ones we came across while scouring the internet:

• Never give a knife as a house-warming present; your new neighbor will become an enemy.
  • A knife given as a gift from a lover means the love will end soon.
  • Place a knife under the bed during childbirth to ease the pain of labor.
  • If a friend gives you a knife, give him a penny. This turns the gift into a purchase and will prevent your friendship from soon being broken.
  • Don’t let knives cross at the table, it will start a fight.
  • It‘s bad luck to close a pocket knife unless you were the one who opened it.
  • You should always cut bread with a knife rather than breaking it with your hands. It’s said that your life will be broken otherwise.
  • Never hand a knife directly to another person. It’s said this will cause the two of you to get into a fight.
  • A dull blade means you need a new sharpener.
Okay, that last one isn’t really a superstition. Just a little reminder from us here at Lansky to Stay Sharp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back