What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful weather in my area today. People in surrounding areas still have some flooding, probably until next weekend.

At least 12,000 cars statewide have been destroyed by flooding.

Ouch, this is terrible for many cars to be in the flood. I do hope that each person have better insurance to repair or get another car. :(

Ouch, this is terrible for many cars to be in the flood. I do hope that each person have better insurance to repair or get another car. :(
Cars that had only liability insurance are not covered for flood damage. :(

I learned that USA Network is having a marathon of NCIS. I'm watching the marathon now.

That apparently our dog can take out her own stitches. :lol:

This one is Affy, she had a baseball-sized lymphoma near her armpit. It's healed really nicely, and she was due in this morning to have her stitches out. Imagine our surprise when the vet couldn't find any. They'd already been pulled out. I guess I know what Affy was doing at night. :lol:

This one is Affy, she had a baseball-sized lymphoma near her armpit. It's healed really nicely, and she was due in this morning to have her stitches out. Imagine our surprise when the vet couldn't find any. They'd already been pulled out. I guess I know what Affy was doing at night. :lol:

:lol: smart dog," don't need no vet!"

LOL yep- one of my aunt's dogs did that too. He had a lipoma (or I guess Lymphoma? it was a fatty tumor) on his tushie. He managed to remove them himself necessitating a run to the Vet ER where he got himself a drain and staples. He tried to remove those too. No cone of shame back then either.

LOL yep- one of my aunt's dogs did that too. He had a lipoma (or I guess Lymphoma? it was a fatty tumor) on his tushie. He managed to remove them himself necessitating a run to the Vet ER where he got himself a drain and staples. He tried to remove those too. No cone of shame back then either.

LOL. The vet didn't think she needed the cone of shame as we didn't think she could reach into her armpit. Guess we were wrong! :lol:

Sorry your aunt's dog's situation ended up having to be an emergency vet visit. I can only guess that was not cheap. :(

I just googled lymphoma and lipoma. I think your spelling is correct. They lipread close to the same.

One of our Siamese cats removed the wiring from his jaw. His lower jaw had been split in half after being run over by a small truck. It dangled in two pieces, left and right. The vet wired his jaw, and told us it was impossible to remove. Well, our kitty removed it during the night, so we had to go back to the vet and get it done again. The second time worked, and he healed completely.

One of our Siamese cats removed the wiring from his jaw. His lower jaw had been split in half after being run over by a small truck. It dangled in two pieces, left and right. The vet wired his jaw, and told us it was impossible to remove. Well, our kitty removed it during the night, so we had to go back to the vet and get it done again. The second time worked, and he healed completely.

Oh poor baby. Glad he healed. That sounds soooo painful! :(

That our kitchen GFCI tripped yet again. We have to keep re-setting it at the circuit panel.

Our house is less than a year old. We have our 1-year walk-through next week to address any last repairs (of which we've had MANY of!)

Any idea why that would continue to trip? It is one outlet in particular, and is probably about the furthest away from the sink and water, so .... ???

That our kitchen GFCI tripped yet again. We have to keep re-setting it at the circuit panel.

Our house is less than a year old. We have our 1-year walk-through next week to address any last repairs (of which we've had MANY of!)

Any idea why that would continue to trip? It is one outlet in particular, and is probably about the furthest away from the sink and water, so .... ???

My first thought would be that the GFCI could be bad. I would try replacing it and see if it trips again. Might want to pull cover off and see if wires are touch anything that it's not supposed to. Make sure the ends are wound around screws and not sticking out.If it does trip again, then you got a short somewhere in the wiring.

My first thought would be that the GFCI could be bad. I would try replacing it and see if it trips again. Might want to pull cover off and see if wires are touch anything that it's not supposed to. Make sure the ends are wound around screws and not sticking out.If it does trip again, then you got a short somewhere in the wiring.

Thanks for the info. We'll have the builder look into/fix this since that's the point of the 1-year final walk-through. It's tripped too many times to not be concerned about it.

After reading a few threads here I learned there really some very sick people walking around lose. Something needs to be done with the mental
health system it's not working as is.

After reading a few threads here I learned there really some very sick people walking around lose. Something needs to be done with the mental

health system it's not working as is.

Be careful what you ask for.

Just kidding. :wave:

all about internet speeds upload/download. Seems our Internet provider is upgrading the speeds (costs won't go up....now) and we have a new modem. Just have to find out about the home networking/wireless dealio as right now the current modem does not have wireless abilities so we use an (old) router. The way I set it up works great (most of the time). Just don't want to have to pay extra to the ISP for "wireless home networking" if we can help it!

I learned that the rodents problem is worst than I realize at my condo !
More traps been put in the basement and they're horrible kind that has sticky glue on then. YUCKY ! I once found a dead mouse that been there for awhile . GROSS !!

All of the classes that I need to finish up my accounting degree are offered in the spring semester! That's means I can graduate! So excited! :h5::h5::h5::h5:

tumblr_ni8eludpkm1qkvbwso1_500.png

I learned that USA Network is having a marathon of NCIS. I'm watching the marathon now.

I wish we could pick out station we want , I hate paying for stations I have no interest in watching. I like NCIS but I am not crazy about Bishop .

I learned that after being puzzled all morning why my pit bull kept crying and jumping on me...trying to figure out what was the problem....food and water were in her dishes, the back door was open for her and my lab to go in and out, looked all over to make sure she had no injuries, and presto...she was cold so I put her sweater on. Now, she isnt crying anymore. I forgot that she doesnt do well in chilly temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back