What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sprouted what seemed to be thousands of babies.... :/ should have just left it as one....

Oh gross. Glad I wasn't there. :lol:

Learned the 2 baskets of dirty laundry didn't disappear as hoped...even thought of going shopping for new clothes...got them going tho'.

Stupidly learned to not leave the ice pack on too long. I actually "freezer burned" my very bruised ankle, heel and leg last night. OUCH it really hurt. Still bright red today. I seriously need to get out of this fog I've been living in before I really hurt myself or need the products Reba found on Wal-Mart's website.

Stupidly learned to not leave the ice pack on too long. I actually "freezer burned" my very bruised ankle, heel and leg last night. OUCH it really hurt. Still bright red today. I seriously need to get out of this fog I've been living in before I really hurt myself or need the products Reba found on Wal-Mart's website.

I rarely put ice directly on my skin.
Maybe try freezing a rice sock. I did that with my sprained thumb. Used a pair of crew socks. One for heat (microwave) and one for cold (left it in the freezer. They wrap around whatever you're treating.

I rarely put ice directly on my skin.
Maybe try freezing a rice sock. I did that with my sprained thumb. Used a pair of crew socks. One for heat (microwave) and one for cold (left it in the freezer. They wrap around whatever you're treating.

It was one of those ice packs that are cloth on one side and plastic on the other and closes with velcro. You just keep them in the freezer. My ankle was wrapped so I put the white side down which I have done many many times. It didn't even feel too cold but it apparently was. Oh well, lesson learned.

I've got to stop reading your spider incident, I hate spiders, hate the creepy, crawlie, things. I know there's a place in the world for them, but don't let it be anywhere near me.

We'd better watch out, WDYS, is going to come along with one of her spider pics. :lol:

SpiderHand.jpg

I could not pass this up ! LOL! How about stepping on that with bare feet ???

Fun. :)

It started off rough because we had to drive through a thunderstorm, and set up the camper in the rain. Also, it was our first time using the pop-up camper, so we were still on a learning curve. The first day wasn't restful. :lol:

The other days were better. Tuesday was real hot, so we do a little swimming in the lake. Some friends visited us one day, which was nice. We took several walks in the woods, watching the heron, egrets, geese and ducks (lots of babies!).

Another day, TCS rented a ski boat and we went across the lake. It was a little choppy that day, so the ride was bouncy, but I'm still glad that we got to do it. We saw one gator in the lake.

We learned what things to leave behind next time, and what things we need to add, so the next camping trip should go more smoothly, as long as the weather cooperates. :)

No internet at all.

At least you did not have to take a shower the first night . :giggle:
That is good you guys had a fun !

OMG, she did it! WDYS and her spider pics. I won't even repost that pic with a quote. :eek::Ohno:

OMG, she did it! WDYS and her spider pics. I won't even repost that pic with a quote. :eek::Ohno:

Thank you! (Unfortunately it was already re-quoted by someone else :( ) Darn I hate these photos.

I sure would hate to find the monster in my bed in the middle of the night !

butterflies-afasd.jpg
I have not seen many butterflies this summer , I heard they're dying . :(
I also learn that we're losing honey bees this year the all the sprays we use to kill mosquitoes may be killing the bees too.

So, creepy spiders, dead butterflies and dead bees. What a wonderful thought.

I sure would hate to find the monster in my bed in the middle of the night !

butterflies-afasd.jpg
I have not seen many butterflies this summer , I heard they're dying . :(
I also learn that we're losing honey bees this year the all the sprays we use to kill mosquitoes may be killing the bees too.

Butterflies are lovely! It may be a bit early for them, remember the snow hasn't been gone that long, I think we'll see some butterflies. I heard too that the bee population is dwindling, that's not good.

As I was outside working in my garden I have seen a few pollinating bees, I follow them around and watch what they are doing, tell them I'm glad to see them, and "stick around."

I suppose there's a place for wasps in this world, but I hate having them build nests in our bathroom vent, or under the deck, so that we get stung when we sit out, ugh!

So, creepy spiders, dead butterflies and dead bees. What a wonderful thought.

This is about what we had learn today , I did not learn about the butterflies today but I did learn about them dying . I thought if people were aware about the butterflies they may have second thoughts of using and toxic bug sprays in their yard. We all can do our part to try and save these beautiful insects .

I found out from my sister by email that one of our cousin die last week , her sister did not even tell us !

I learned that I should read all your post more often......very interesting

It is but one bolt from many that holds your tire on... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back