What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased you got good news on that situation, hope your friend stays in remission!

Yeah, so so I. Now to start getting myself into a better mood, and figuring out what to do this weekend.... somehow.

Yeah, so so I. Now to start getting myself into a better mood, and figuring out what to do this weekend.... somehow.

Take a few deep breaths and relax for a bit, watch some mindless tv while you unwind and you'll think of something fun to do this weekend.

Take a few deep breaths and relax for a bit, watch some mindless tv while you unwind and you'll think of something fun to do this weekend.

If I had access to cable, I would. And taking a deep breath only helps when I'm mad. However..... a little shut-eye might do me some good. And for that fun? If it weren't so cold here, then yeah, I would. :)

If I had access to cable, I would. And taking a deep breath only helps when I'm mad. However..... a little shut-eye might do me some good. And for that fun? If it weren't so cold here, then yeah, I would. :)

Do you mean you don't have television at all? I don't have cable, but I still watch mindless tv. Must be why I'm so mindless! :lol:

just get yourself HDTV Antenna and you'll have bunch of free cables.

bymy-valentine_charlieBrown06.jpg

Do you mean you don't have television at all? I don't have cable, but I still watch mindless tv. Must be why I'm so mindless! :lol:

:rofl: Now that was funny. That made me laugh, and I sorely needed that. Thanks. :thumb: :D :P

just get yourself HDTV Antenna and you'll have bunch of free cables.

Ahem.... I'd like to watch the NCAA Tournament next month, thank you. Not all the games are on CBS.

youtube. go to sport restaurant or best buy. see a friend with cable (derekbicycle maybe?).

There IS an ESPN Chicago downtown on State Street. I could easily use that. :D :P

There IS an ESPN Chicago downtown on State Street. I could easily use that. :D :P

ah! perfect! problem solved! but if you did go there and see that NCAA's not on... you can ask to change a channel. I do it all the time.

ah! perfect! problem solved! but if you did go there and see that NCAA's not on... you can ask to change a channel. I do it all the time.

I can do that. I do have a question, though, before I do. Can I ask them to add captioning, or are they legally supposed to? Just that it's something I've never done before.

I can do that. I do have a question, though, before I do. Can I ask them to add captioning, or are they legally supposed to? Just that it's something I've never done before.

they will do it. because they're nice people :)

Most of time they do leave CC on. If they havent. I always come to the manager and ask if CC turns on. It should be no problem!

My electric razor died, finally. Guess I need to get a new one before my legs look like they have a tan (I have pale skin). :giggle:

Most of time they do leave CC on. If they havent. I always come to the manager and ask if CC turns on. It should be no problem!

Thanks Frisky. I've actually never been inside the place, which is why I'm asking. I've seen it before, but never been inside.

I've learned that wearing a tag on my work frock saying "Hearing Impaired" that many customers will actually take the initiative to look at you and make it plain as to what they want/need. I had one customer ask me if I knew ASL and we did a little signing today. What a pleasure that was! I told her I start classes next month. She is a hearie but her son is HoH. Her and her husband use ASL all the time in the home to each other even though neither one needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back