What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crabbing season is here!...hope to catch some Blue, big ones....got our traps and chicken all ready to go....

RR, curious....do you let the chicken rot for this activity?

RR, curious....do you let the chicken rot for this activity?

:laugh2:...Nah...we use fresh chicken legs...we have at times let our traps stay in the water overnight...have seen traps in the water for a week or so too...:wave:

I have learned that sitting right next to the door when it's a cold and windy day outside is NOT a smart thing to do.

:laugh2:...Nah...we use fresh chicken legs...we have at times let our traps stay in the water overnight...have seen traps in the water for a week or so too...:wave:

How many do you normally get? As a kid, we would go to Galveston in the fall and you could scoop them up with a net all day.

I miss visiting Galveston... last time I was there was in the '90's.

How many do you normally get? As a kid, we would go to Galveston in the fall and you could scoop them up with a net all day.

This evening...all crabs were small...we threw them back in...so we're gonna wait awhile and hope to catch the big blue ones...we've caught buckets full at times...the only thing I dislike about it is the smell while they are in boiling hot water...but they taste so good!

This evening...all crabs were small...we threw them back in...so we're gonna wait awhile and hope to catch the big blue ones...we've caught buckets full at times...the only thing I dislike about it is the smell while they are in boiling hot water...but they taste so good!

Crabs and garlic butter..... YUMMY!! Now I'm :drool: for seafood :lol:

I learned MIL may be going into assisted living. She's been in a rehab facility for a month now.

One of hubby's horses died today. He was nearly 36. He passed in his sleep.

One of hubby's horses died today. He was nearly 36. He passed in his sleep.
I'm sorry for your loss. Did your hubby have the horse for all 36 years?

Thank you all. He's had Music most of Music's life. The pic I posted -- the other horse is Tiamo. Her name means I Love You.

Thank you all. He's had Music most of Music's life. The pic I posted -- the other horse is Tiamo. Her name means I Love You.

They are gorgeous, nice names. I live next door to a pair of horses who look very similar.
Which is the one that died?

That the painters that repainted our wooden decks may had use the wrong kind of paint . We had a Nor'easter last week and I notice a few days later there was white paint splattered on my deck floor as well as my neighbor upstairs . This happen on the east side of my building only and the deck was painted a few months ago so the paint was dry. It guess it was not waterproof . If this happen again I will see f my neighbor can take photos o we can show it to the manger . I already told him about it but I m not sure what he will's . I learned that manger did not buy the whole bracket to hold
up the fire extinguishers in our hallways , he finally got them back on the wall.
And Chicagoblue was right about it being illegal to had the fire extinuguishers on the floor .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back