What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the label on the package mention signature required? If there isn't, the driver is not required to wait for your signature and just release to your door. Usually alcoholic beverages or such high value shipment requires a signature or unless shipper request it. At least you got the replacement now.

Fed-Ex did nothing wrong. Package was not marked signature required. The bank told us it would be so I made sure I was awake super early to hear the bell.

I learned that in order for my Samsung tablet to work properly, it needs to be charged in a high voltage plug, and it also appears I need a certain kind of plug in order to effectively charge it, although I am researching ways to fix a problem I have.

I learned that the Republicans won in a sweeping landslide, and instead of being congratulated and supported by my fellow Americans, the Democrats on my FB are saying "let's see how bad they screw things up"

(have they no clue as to how bad Obama screwed things up ... was the sweeping victory not a HUGE clue?)

I learned that the Republicans won in a sweeping landslide, and instead of being congratulated and supported by my fellow Americans, the Democrats on my FB are saying "let's see how bad they screw things up"

(have they no clue as to how bad Obama screwed things up ... was the sweeping victory not a HUGE clue?)
Your friends are right about one thing. The Republicans will be watched with a very critical eye.

Which, all our elected officials should be.

Honestly, did you expect your Democratic friends to congratulate the Republican winners? :lol:

That there are some job openings in Qatar posted for my co-workers (our office is closing at the end of the year, so everyone is looking for new jobs either internal with the parent company or external).

I met a deaf worker at Mariano's in Libertyville, IL yesterday. I was told that there were 3 deaf workers at that location.

I met a deaf worker at Mariano's in Libertyville, IL yesterday. I was told that there were 3 deaf workers at that location.

Yeah, a bunch of deaf people work at that chain. Someone told me that it's fairly easy to get a job there.

Learned that Scott won the election again for Governor of Florida....:D...learned also that where there's a will, there's a way...and helped a good friend to find a way to be able to pay her rent, as she was $50 dollars short.....Strange thing is....she's an ice cream addict....:shock:...suggested she might want to look into some counseling....:roll:...much better to have a roof over ur head than to be out in the yard eating ice cream when it gets so cold out there.....She said..."I can't see myself going to those AA meetings and confessing that I'm an ice cream addict....:laugh2:

Your friends are right about one thing. The Republicans will be watched with a very critical eye.

Which, all our elected officials should be.

Honestly, did you expect your Democratic friends to congratulate the Republican winners? :lol:

I seem to recall Republicans receiving some very sharp criticism from the left ...."You all do not want Obama to succeed, you want him to fail"

I corrected them every time ... "No, no one wants to see a US President fail .. we just know what his agenda is, and failure is part of it"

I learned that Maryland now has a Republican governor. See if that improves the problems with high taxes here.

Wrong , a lot Democrats did not want Obama campaigning for them , they wanted Bill Clinton . You have to remeber when Obama first became president GOP was hoping he did a poor job , and that does not say very much for the GOP party . I am really sick of both party acting like kids , I wish they would grown up and learn how to work together for the good of everyone. .

I just learned I still do not know who my next state representative will be . They're still going over the votes.

Last edited:
Wrong , a lot Democrats did not want Obama campaigning for them , they wanted Bill Clinton . You have to remeber when Obama first became president GOP was hoping he did a poor job , and that does not say very much for the GOP party . I am really sick of both party acting like kids , I wish they would grown up and learn how to work together for the good of everyone. .

I just learned I still do not know who my next state representative will be . They're still going over the votes.

the Clintons were not even able to get a Democrat elected in Arkansas, their home State.

the Clintons were not even able to get a Democrat elected in Arkansas, their home State.

I really did not like politicians coming to my state to try and force a candidate down my throat , I do not care if a GOP or Democrat. I find it a turn off .

How banks and new-home builders are frustrating. Had to reschedule the closing for the third time. Arghhhhhh.

How banks and new-home builders are frustrating. Had to reschedule the closing for the third time. Arghhhhhh.

Oh my goodness, so sorry this keeps happening, I feel your frustration. Wishing you better luck...... and, that this closes very soon. :hug:

Yes. Water testing issues and COO and VA inspector final sign off. The house was finished weeks ago and we still can't move in. We're rescheduled for next Wednesday now. Disappointing, but that's the way it goes.

Edit to add that right now it is the water testing issue. It takes 48 hours here. I cannot fathom how this was not done sooner.

Crabbing season is here!...hope to catch some Blue, big ones....got our traps and chicken all ready to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back