What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out that our Wells Fargo Master Card was hacked a few days ago. Impressed with how fast Wells Fargo caught it. Only two small chargers, so no big deal we of course don't have to pay for them. This is the second time, we have our cards, someone got our number. They are reissuing our cards and will deliver them by Fed Ex this Tuesday. Friggin Hackers!!

Just found out that our Wells Fargo Master Card was hacked a few days ago. Impressed with how fast Wells Fargo caught it. Only two small chargers, so no big deal we of course don't have to pay for them. This is the second time, we have our cards, someone got our number. They are reissuing our cards and will deliver them by Fed Ex this Tuesday. Friggin Hackers!!

That is a real bummer , do you think this happen on your trip ?

That is a real bummer , do you think this happen on your trip ?

No I think it was someone local. The charges happened yesterday at a local Kohls and a shoe store. The thief didn't charge very much but some how Wells Fargo caught the fraudulent charges. When we went to use our credit card today, it said declined. When we got home and looked online it said that our card was temporarily suspended. So my husband called and we got everything figured out. We are super careful with our cards and look online every few days to make sure nothing like this is going on especially since KMart, Target and Home Depot were hacked.

I think banks should give you an option that when you charge something it will ask the cashier to check your ID. The only problem with this is when you purchase something online.

Well, what did I learn today? That I don't miss riding on the CTA Red Line whatsoever. It had been nearly 16 months since the last time I did, until today. Seems like I forgot a thing or two.

No I think it was someone local. The charges happened yesterday at a local Kohls and a shoe store. The thief didn't charge very much but some how Wells Fargo caught the fraudulent charges. When we went to use our credit card today, it said declined. When we got home and looked online it said that our card was temporarily suspended. So my husband called and we got everything figured out. We are super careful with our cards and look online every few days to make sure nothing like this is going on especially since KMart, Target and Home Depot were hacked.

I think banks should give you an option that when you charge something it will ask the cashier to check your ID. The only problem with this is when you purchase something online.

If you purchase something online there should be a way to give a secret password , like what was your first pet name , or your first teacher name.
That is good your bank notice the fraudulent charges .

I learn America don't use word fiddle when doing something not sure about or doing naughty things(Nixon big fiddler)husband say stop fiddling about to me...not sure how to explain it because I fiddling about doing more than one thing and not fiddling the books
I was sure not slang, use it in hearing and deaf day..i write it if signing not to be confused with violin i fiddling about trying explain it not sure if I have(response to another thread)

I learn America don't use word fiddle when doing something not sure about or doing naughty things(Nixon big fiddler)husband say stop fiddling about to me...not sure how to explain it because I fiddling about doing more than one thing and not fiddling the books
I was sure not slang, use it in hearing and deaf day..i write it if signing not to be confused with violin i fiddling about trying explain it not sure if I have(response to another thread)

Don't worry about it. It is just something (slang that is) that we both have to watch when writing things that people from other countries will be reading.

Most people should be able to figure it out by the context of the post. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

It would be boring if we all had to use limited vocabulary.

:eek2: I just learned that there is such a thing as a HUGE Chase bank, as I just set foot in it. It's the biggest bank I had EVER seen.

After I mistakenly got off at the wrong stop, I realized I was in an area I had never visited before, and I got curious. Can I say curiousity killed the cat? Anyways... what I learned was that the area southwest of Ogilvie Transportation Center is very interesting and unique.

Pretty sure we use it here too. Maybe not in the exact same context as yours about credit fraud, but it was easy to understand.

Jane made a nasty comment before about my use of English, and the thing she criticized has been an accepted writing technique for over two hundred years.

Pretty sure we use it here too. Maybe not in the exact same context as yours about credit fraud, but it was easy to understand.

Jane made a nasty comment before about my use of English, and the thing she criticized has been an accepted writing technique for over two hundred years.

Where, when was that? I don't remember and have never made a nasty comment on purpose. I am so sorry if you ever felt that something I said was nasty.

Where, when was that? I don't remember and have never made a nasty comment on purpose. I am so sorry if you ever felt that something I said was nasty.

When I used "they" to refer to a singular entity of unknown sex.

And I am surprised you are apologizing as I feel you constantly go out of your way to be mean to me.

Not kidding.

When I used "they" to refer to a singular entity of unknown sex.

And I am surprised you are apologizing as I feel you constantly go out of your way to be mean to me.

Not kidding.

Well....you girls stop fiddlin' around and get ready to rumble!....:giggle:

I learned that pizza is offered to the members of a gym on Monday nights. Strange.

After I mistakenly got off at the wrong stop, I realized I was in an area I had never visited before, and I got curious. Can I say curiousity killed the cat? Anyways... what I learned was that the area southwest of Ogilvie Transportation Center is very interesting and unique.

So is the cat still alive? I am being curious so I hope we both did not just use two of the cat lives being so curious . :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back