What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a daily straw user and I can't believe I have not thought of that. Anyway this is what I just learnt.
03199DB9-A5AE-4C0A-BCF6-225E9822F69C-273-0000015993FD7648.jpg

I found out, that if all goes well - we might actually get to move in the new house in 1-2 weeks. He has a few final things inside to do, last of the baseboards, a bathroom pocket door and patch a 14 inch square in my daughter's closet. They had to cut through to get to the shower fixtures (after the tile was installed) and move the faucet connections forward. Tomorrow or Wednesday he will start painting the outside of the house. Today was too windy and he didn't feel like painting my car, his truck and MIL's house. Today the inspector was out and the final was done on the electricity, plumbing and A/C. All passed with no problem.

I found out, that if all goes well - we might actually get to move in the new house in 1-2 weeks. He has a few final things inside to do, last of the baseboards, a bathroom pocket door and patch a 14 inch square in my daughter's closet. They had to cut through to get to the shower fixtures (after the tile was installed) and move the faucet connections forward. Tomorrow or Wednesday he will start painting the outside of the house. Today was too windy and he didn't feel like painting my car, his truck and MIL's house. Today the inspector was out and the final was done on the electricity, plumbing and A/C. All passed with no problem.

Glad to hear of more progress.

Any chance they could make what they cut in your daughter's closet as a axcess (sp?) panel in case of plumbing problems down the road?

Hope you can get them to do all the inside thing first and then let you go ahead and move in even if they are still working on the outside painting.

Glad to hear of more progress.

Any chance they could make what they cut in your daughter's closet as a axcess (sp?) panel in case of plumbing problems down the road?

Hope you can get them to do all the inside thing first and then let you go ahead and move in even if they are still working on the outside painting.

Codes will not allow it to be an access panel. Don't know why, but contractor and I both asked inspector and even he wasn't sure why. That's a countywide code. Also, we are not allowed to move anything in until the Certificate of Occupancy is issued and they won't do that until it is painted.

Codes will not allow it to be an access panel. Don't know why, but contractor and I both asked inspector and even he wasn't sure why. That's a countywide code. Also, we are not allowed to move anything in until the Certificate of Occupancy is issued and they won't do that until it is painted.

After you said what I added the bold to is when it occurred to me that the reason for that is probably to keep people from moving in and never painting or putting on other finish.

today i learned that i have forgotten everything i learned today.

I learned possibly the best news since getting the building permit for our new house. Tomorrow, the contractor will be painting the exterior of the house. His brother will be doing the inside work, which includes: baseboards, bathroom pocket door, trim work in both bathrooms and a repair of a wall in daughter's closet. If all goes well, then we will have final inspection on Friday and I can clean over the weekend and possibly move in next week.

WOW Kristina that is GREAT news. Sure hope it all goes well. You deserve a nice place to call home!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Wirelessly posted

KristinaB said:
I learned possibly the best news since getting the building permit for our new house. Tomorrow, the contractor will be painting the exterior of the house. His brother will be doing the inside work, which includes: baseboards, bathroom pocket door, trim work in both bathrooms and a repair of a wall in daughter's closet. If all goes well, then we will have final inspection on Friday and I can clean over the weekend and possibly move in next week.

Finally! so happy for you Kristina.

Today I learnt that my immediate Supervisor has a perfect block of wood for a brain, and that I'm getting tired of working my ar$e off to make it easier for other people to sit around and do nowt.....

Or maybe it's because I've got a week off work as of Friday 4.30pm and I just want to get work OVER WITH so I can relax :)

(he's still got a block of wood for a brain tho :) )

no no not for me. I knew long long time ago but I did learn the hard lesson years years ago.

VOPbO.gif
watch out for the kitties. :lol:

what m3 learned tuhday is my local drug-store ( I rarely shop there)small store) only had 4 hearin aid batteries in each package... paid almost $5 for the package..wont do it again. :lol: They have a sign up says no hats and sunglasses.. :lol: They've been robbed for painkillers b4. I never wear'em anywhay. :D

Today I learned that while patience is a virtue, it's never been a virtue I've possessed.

Patience is overrated. Get in quick and give em Hell. If they let you wait once, they'll do it again :)
This is totally against my normal Zen-style mindset, but I've learn't that if you're IN SOMEONES FACE for long enough they'll move heaven and earth just to get shot of you :)

It's hard to type when one's thumb is in a splint. Dang storm door wouldn't let go of my thumb as I walked into the house.

Wirelessly posted

LoveBlue said:
It's hard to type when one's thumb is in a splint. Dang storm door wouldn't let go of my thumb as I walked into the house.

Ooo.....big ouch!!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back