What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That takes me back to the days of when kids would all go to the arcade on weekends and after school. Those were the days.

Yeah, I was in a small town, and we didn't get an arcade till after Pac-Man fever. I think my mom liked video games. Not to play them, but because she could give me some quarters while she went to buy groceries. Krogers always had 2 machines, and changed them out every couple of months.

Today I learned that deep down inside, my padded lawn mower seat is still wet.

I learned that coconut milk and coffee taste great together...

i learned last night the ufo lot of us saw are big and blue we all watched it over the sea gradually turn round came towards the land, we all held our breath and as it turned on the side we saw this script on the side it hovered over us just made out the script it said Vigin adlantic big picuture of Bolt the runner on the side....was richard bransons airship.i learn not all one see is what you think you see.

i learned about this funny image from facebook a while ago.

5n5h7k.jpg
:ugh3:

i learned that i sometimes cant shut up, when i watched myself in the docu...man ! this is embarrassing..other times im good and skilled to get them talking.other times i wasnt paying attention!, now just need more practices , it was good to see myself in there, (used to that now) and hey its all about learning...bit funny though...but the bits i saw last night i was like 'oh shut up!" to myself!...whoa...now i see where sometimes i lack attention span or giving people chance to talk more...hmmm to me, That's learning!..and character building...and tolerance building...and its a skill too....i'd bet most of us underestimate talent's skills (new reporters and journos are often seen as nosy or rude..but you try do that same or better! you can't , its a real skil....thats what i really noticed...so come back to the beginning - that is WHY they are called 'talents'..it's not for nothing

I have learned some more news on the new house. Now, I know some will totally go off due to the changes and think it's not right as we have a signed contract, but it's the way it is.

The tile will not be put down into the extension until after we get more money in the future. The doorbell with flashing lights and signalers for me, will not be installed. This next week, the exterior will be painted, the bathrooms completed and the appliances brought in once the electric is turned on. All interior paint will be touched up and finished.

I bought the kitchen faucet today and the contractor has it. He was surprised at what I bought and couldn't believe it did not cost a bunch. I was lucky today at Lowe's. We will find out from contractor what will be done about the A/C in the extension. I suggested to hubby that we paint the floor and seal it in the extension. This way it doesn't look unfinished. MIL thinks that's a waste of money, but it's my house, not her's.

All in all, I am not losing out on much more than I expected. The cost of a lot of the materials really went up and up. I verified at Lowe's and Home Depot on these increases and they sat down with me, contractor and hubby and went over everything over the last year with their prices and such. Most of what is causing all these problems is the fact that we had to have this extension. While it was nice, it was not in the original plans and required quite a bit more in funds. The tile was going to be another $2-3000.

Talked with the contractor today. He was checking things over and had a meeting with the inspector. We did a walk-through to let me know the status of things. Here we go: Exterior - needs to be painted. Hubby & my room - all done except for the board to fill the hole for the attic access. Daughter's room - all done except for the baseboard. Mother's room - all done except for the painting of the closet and window sill and baseboard in the closet. Son's room - all done except for baseboard and door. Living/great room - all done except for baseboard. Kitchen - all done except for knobs and handles on cabinets and drawers, faucet install, appliances install and baseboards. Laundry/utility room - all done except for washer/dryer and water heater and baseboards. Bathrooms - need toilets, cabinets and sinks, baseboards, medicine cabinet/mirror and edging around shower tile. Extension - needs baseboards and window unit A/C. We will have to paint the floor when we can and then eventually tile when we have the money.

Now, for the best news - If all goes well, we will be able to move in about 2-3 weeks.

Wirelessly posted

I picked up another batch of medication today. This will last me 3 months. What I learned today was the total full price is over $3,000, but with the government health scheme on my pension, it only cost me $5.80! I wouldn't know what I'd do if I had to pay full-price. I am very grateful.

Last edited:
I just learned small college campus is closed b/c of bomb threat...The campus evacuated b/c of the threat...not far from here.

I just learned small college campus is closed b/c of bomb threat...The campus evacuated b/c of the threat...not far from here.

Be a man....walk over there and check it out! :lol:

20 miles of walk? Nah, dont think so. :lol:

Pfffffttttt

Oh 20 miles, so it means if you drive, it will take you to get there by 20 to 25 minutes or run to get there by 3 hours. :cool2:

why not. VR might pay you at most of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back