What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today or rather Tonight I've learned that I really don't have a very clear understanding of D/deaf culture and frankly I'm trying hard to remedy that.

Today or rather Tonight I've learned that I really don't have a very clear understanding of D/deaf culture and frankly I'm trying hard to remedy that.

You should read some books, and threads in this forum. There are many points of view, but some things are pretty straightforward. There is a sticky for good books on Deaf Culture... I think it's in the Our World, Our Culture section.

Just be receptive to what you read. If you stick with it, you'll begin to get a better understanding of things.

@CSign Thanks so much! Will do! I have a couple books so far, trying to absorb it all and not become overwhelmed is a challenge at times for me but I'm coming along I guess.

Today I learned that the little soda machines that you can make your own soda with is a waste of money. It doesn't taste like the real Coke at all.

Dunno...I clicked the Like button twice rapidly to see if it would double....it didn't...so a good question for "justagirl"....

I have no clue how I did it... but it did the same for you on CSigns post RR. Strange.

i learn today i can't use camera and got pay for someone to help me on computer and i being screwed yet again cos i stupid with computer i got to try harder

As I was readin a story about a deaf program in my local newspaper.. I learned the word deaf stands for Determined to End Audism Forever :rockon:

They explained what the word mean...Dominate, restructure and exercise the authority over the deaf

just seen news and america getting all those vile bombers abu anza and his horrible crew.i learn have faith in court human juctice at last...and you welcolm to them

i learn today i can't use camera and got pay for someone to help me on computer and i being screwed yet again cos i stupid with computer i got to try harder

Don't they have community adult education courses in England?

Something really cheap where you can just go for something like a six or eight week class in computers for seniors?

Don't they have community adult education courses in England?

Something really cheap where you can just go for something like a six or eight week class in computers for seniors?

not where i live afraid lot of them things have stopped due to funding,i did the morons class i waiting for the idiots class to start again one day that was windows 98 ..if i was unmarried load kids by different fathers there various things i would get computers and getting a computer class would be two

surely you got same level of unfairness in states

I learn it almost to grrr hurting bit gym! I have ouch muscle!

I learn it almost to grrr hurting bit gym! I have ouch muscle!

LOL Rest or exercise another body area in the gym Smithr. You don't want to train sore muscle, can lead to overuse injury. Growth happens during rest and proper nutrition, weight training is where you are breaking down some muscle fiber, it's a process, you'll get used to it.

LOL Rest or exercise another body area in the gym Smithr. You don't want to train sore muscle, can lead to overuse injury. Growth happens during rest and proper nutrition, weight training is where you are breaking down some muscle fiber, it's a process, you'll get used to it.

:shock: hehe I am lots of training to pretty sore experience lots of make pretty! I have lots of really more increase more overwhelming, I am process growing :P avoiding to injury make sure careful!! I am lots of more make sure process :)

Today I learned that the box full of old Polly Pockets I sold in a yard sale a couple years ago are becoming valuable now because the new Polly Pockets are nothing like the originals. :: face palm ::

Today I learned that the box full of old Polly Pockets I sold in a yard sale a couple years ago are becoming valuable now because the new Polly Pockets are nothing like the originals. :: face palm ::

What are Polly Pockets?....

I learned a dear friend of mine is being transferred to Hospice Care. She has had a lot of battles and then a major setback this past weekend. Doctors have mentioned that she is now too weak for the transplant she was waiting on and she and her family agreed that it was time. She is only 51. Pulmonary Hypertension, Hepatitis C and Cirrhosis of the liver brought on my the negligence of a rheumatologist treating her rheumatoid arthritis.

I learned a dear friend of mine is being transferred to Hospice Care. She has had a lot of battles and then a major setback this past weekend. Doctors have mentioned that she is now too weak for the transplant she was waiting on and she and her family agreed that it was time. She is only 51. Pulmonary Hypertension, Hepatitis C and Cirrhosis of the liver brought on my the negligence of a rheumatologist treating her rheumatoid arthritis.

:(

Wirelessly posted

LoveBlue said:

:(

That's terrible, so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back