What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that there are things out there that improve my hearing. It was amazing to hear the difference in voices with those upper frequencies amplified.

I learned that my family got wrong information about a name change from a relative that went through Ellis Island. We knew his original name, but at Ellis Island it was changed due to language issues. He immigrated on the ship Charlotte from Bremen, Germany and arrived in New York City on 30 May 1846. His home town is listed in the obituary as Tachlenberg, Prussia, but it is most likely the current day Tecklenburg, Westphalia, Germany.

I have terrible problems with balance due to my ears. It isn't too uncommon. :)

Same here...I can't wear high-heels anymore.....and if the ground outside is uneven, I'm prone to stumble...and walking a straight line...no can do!....(and I'm not drunk)....so I merrilly go about my way, knowing that some people are whispering that I'm probably the town drunk!...:giggle:

Same here...I can't wear high-heels anymore.....and if the ground outside is uneven, I'm prone to stumble...and walking a straight line...no can do!....(and I'm not drunk)....so I merrilly go about my way, knowing that some people are whispering that I'm probably the town drunk!...:giggle:

I know what you mean! Things have gotten so much worse with the worsening problem with my eyes that I now have a power scooter for any event that would involve having to do a lot of standing or walking.

Wirelessly posted

I learned there is something wrong with YouTube it worked but now , it's back to it's old tricks pain the arse!

Last edited:
I learnt Botti drives a power scooter beware! i hope you have a licence, theym bugger drive too fast knocking boys of skateboards...

I learn that you cannot wait for boat to come to you. Therefore, it's not easy to tell, I've 200 lawn mowers. Come and buy now. You've to advertise every day or every other days.

dont ya think you should be called "The Lawnmower Man" ? lol

Today, I learned that if you act like you can hear what is being in a conversation and get found out, you get made fun of even though the people you are having dinner with know you are hard of hearing. Kinda lame but it is what I have to deal with and I bet some others have to deal with all the time. Depressed right now, :(

Today, I learned that if you act like you can hear what is being in a conversation and get found out, you get made fun of even though the people you are having dinner with know you are hard of hearing. Kinda lame but it is what I have to deal with and I bet some others have to deal with all the time. Depressed right now, :(

Careful doing that it can get you in trouble.

Remember the Seinfeld episode with the "low talker"? He unwittingly agreed to wear a puffy shirt on the tonight show cuz he couldn't hear her.
:lol:

image_1_15.jpg

^^ your relatives were ex spies??:lol:

With a Grandmother's side of the family we know who the bad guy was. He died in prison as a result of WWII.

This guy was on my paternal Grandfather's side. The Man's name originally was: Gerhardt Heinrich Hollen Sztolen von stauffen (not sure of the spelling), We always were told that his name at Ellis Island was changed to Gary Henry Meyer, Now, I find that it was actually changes to Henry Gerhardt Meyer.

so ,you saying you actually know of a real life war criminal (Nazi) living in USA...and he not been apprehended yet?!!

so ,you saying you actually know of a real life war criminal (Nazi) living in USA...and he not been apprehended yet?!!

No, the Nazi criminal was the one who died in prison. The one I am speaking about going through Ellis Island came through before WWII. No Nazi's came through that I know of in my family. All family coming from Prussia, came through in the 1800's.

I learned that the contractor will be done within the next 3-6 weeks depending on weather and health. His wife had an accident and has a massive gash and cut requiring stitches from below her hiney on the right leg down to the back of her knee. Contractor did not work last week and I was wondering. He was here today top check on the cabinets and to get 2 checks for MIL.

what is wrong!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back