What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2pm here just put clocks back..would been 1pm yesterday at this time

2pm here just put clocks back..would been 1pm yesterday at this time

Yeah, but the UK doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time, though. Only Canada, Mexico, and the US do that.

yes we do I think, that why we do clocks I got lye in...this awful my hand in caste keep hitting space bar no do do speller check either..my post even harder to readLOL

you right about time.. Scotland wanted to do daylight saving lost out

yes we do I think, that why we do clocks I got lye in...this awful my hand in caste keep hitting space bar no do do speller check either..my post even harder to readLOL

:shock: Well, yours is different than ours here. Ours ends next week Sunday, and I think Canada's does too, but I could be wrong here.

Ah, so Scotland wanted that, but didn't get it. No wonder. Makes sense now...... I think.

I learned several things yesterday. The first thing I learned is that there IS a DQ downtown, something I was not expecting to see :shock: Getting to it is a bit tricky, though. The second thing I learned is that the city built a new paved bike path very recently, but it's not open yet. The third thing I learned is that it's inadvisable to ride a bike on the same street that's being street sweeped.

Is that DQ open all winter long? I'm assuming DQ is Dairy Queen.....

That would be my guess. It's pretty deep downtown, and I don't remember the name of the street, but I DO remember the area, however. Pretty sure I can find it again. I know it's just off Michigan, but exactly where, I :dunno: because once I passed 8th street, I realized I had gone too far.

Most Dairy Queen are open year round now.

They have inside seating, and are pretty much like any fast food restaurant.

Don't you mean gain a hour since we fall back instead of springing forward?

I mean we lose an hour. That's what I meant.

Anyways, since I'm in Wilmette, here's what I learned today: that no riding on sidewalks is enforceable out here.

Is there an alternative?

Meaning? Only thing to do is ride on the street, and being in the suburbs, that's not always easy to do. It's very easy to get lost up here. Fortunely, I know just what to do: follow bus routes and railroad tracks, and I'll be fine.

Anyways, since I'm in Wilmette, here's what I learned today: that no riding on sidewalks is enforceable out here.

Would you explain how we lose a hour? My thinking maybe wrong.

Would you explain how we lose a hour? My thinking maybe wrong.

Perhaps he means we lose an hour of daylight at the end of the day (it gets darker an hour earlier).

We really don't gain or lose time. We will gain an extra hour to sleep Sunday because the clocks will be set back an hour (and we lose an hour to sleep in the spring).

Don't you mean gain a hour since we fall back instead of springing forward?

Easy. In March, we put the clocks one hour ahead. In November, we put the clocks one hour back. Been that way for a while now.

So as I said, we gain a hour.

We lose a hour in spring and gain a hour in fall.

Easy. In March, we put the clocks one hour ahead. In November, we put the clocks one hour back. Been that way for a while now.

By putting the clocks one hour ahead in the spring, we lose that hour we just moved on the clock. By putting the clocks one hour back in the fall, we gain that hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back