What did you learn today? Part II

I learned from the past year... Some people are worth your breath, some are worth it for the rest of your life. Some just happen to make a footprint into your heart and somehow make a difference. Only you can change your own situation. Who you are never really changes, only the environment. You may encounter some people who try to change who you are or try to take over your own beliefs... Kindness and being yourself is truly the answer. If someone tries to put you down or makes a ridiculous advice in a horrible sarcastic way that hurts you, they have no idea nor compassion. There are way better people out there who have actually been through the same and completely understand. I guess I'm forever grateful now, but I'm still sad to see that some people are still blind. Life throws many curve balls. Some people's experiences differ, but it certainly doesn't make you any better than another.

I am back alldeaf, I am busy on alldeaf process :P I am horrible on damn lol suck on my headache sometimes worst i suspect anxiety sorry I have bad day,

At school, I learned today about....

Biology: Evolution

Tutorial: Clear background of the English book, "The Crucible."

Modern World History: Latin America/China/Africa presentations from other students (I finished at presentation with Japan project right day before Spring Break week).

Calculus (Actually cancel that class today because of Junior Assembly!): In Junior Assembly, I learned about requirements for college such as completed resume, teacher recommendations, how many colleges u wanna visit?, etc...

Also, I learned that next Wednesday that I have Junior Interview. I'm nervous about it because I'm only deaf Junior in my public school. I really hope I will be fine with that.

English: Nothing learned.

In beginning lip reading class last night my DH & I learned the importance of practice, Practice, PRACTICE! :bowlol: And our teacher stressed that practice will help us not to concentrate on someone's mouth shapes so heavily that our brains doesn't focus on the actual thoughts being expressed. So we miss the "forest for the trees." But :dunno: it's just so hard! :shock: Harder than learning ASL in some ways, IMO. We practice individual words, do two word drills, and say sentences from a work sheet and have to pick which one our work partner said/mouthed -- no voice, of course. Each person's mouth works somewhat differently and it's can be just as distinctive and individual as my trying to hear and understand the words w/ hearing aids, due to speech styles and habits, or accents or beards/mustaches. :hmm: Had fun as our Deaf/HOH advocate from the sponsoring agency was there for the class and was in our work practice group, and I practiced my beginning signs or finger spelled, to indicate the sentence number or the word we think someone mouthed. :naughty:

Today in biology class, I'm doing a virtual squid dissection. AWESOME! :D I LOVE this kind of stuff; it's soooo cool to see all of the inner organs and whatnot. I find all of the systems of the body, like the circulatory system and whatnot to be VERY interesting.

Interesting tidbit: squids do not have any ears; therefore, they are deaf, and they rely on their vision quite a lot. Also, squids have 3 hearts: one systemic heart, and two single-chambered branchial hearts.

I'll be back later with more intersting squid facts :)

Today in biology class, I'm doing a virtual squid dissection. AWESOME! :D I LOVE this kind of stuff; it's soooo cool to see all of the inner organs and whatnot. I find all of the systems of the body, like the circulatory system and whatnot to be VERY interesting.

Interesting tidbit: squids do not have any ears; therefore, they are deaf, and they rely on their vision quite a lot. Also, squids have 3 hearts: one systemic heart, and two single-chambered branchial hearts.

I'll be back later with more intersting squid facts :)
Squid can hear. They don't have ears, but they have organs called
"statocysts." Now you can be ahead of the rest of your class on squid life.

Tonight, off to Cochlear Implant exercise- Argentine Tango. Special tonight: the 3 left foot dance group in action!

Squid can hear. They don't have ears, but they have organs called
"statocysts." Now you can be ahead of the rest of your class on squid life.

Hmm. Interesting. I swear; my textbook says that squid can't hear. I don't know. :hmm: I'll have to google it now. (Trust me; this wouldn't be the first time that my textbook is wrong...)

Hmm. I guess that squid can hear! Look:

http://phys.org/news/2011-02-squid-shown.html

Cool. I'm gonna go e-mail my teacher now and tell her! (She likes it when we find interesting facts about what we're studying about, or if we find something in the textbook that is wrong and we are able to provide the correct information.)

my sister on issues on relate on my mom I know difficult on not easy relate on mom rough! sigh :(

My daughter is a semi-finalist for one of the scholarships she applied for. Yay!
She has to go for a short interview on the 28th. Then she'll learn in May if she got it.
She won't hear about the other one till sometime in June.

Is it your youngest sister? It will get better. Grief takes a lot of time. :aw:

Yes my sister is frustrated on my mom, sadly :( my mom everything knew on, I love my mom! hard how feeling pain on no reason how feeling!, I aware it pain!!

Hard rough! I am support to my sister, she happy me, She watch on my nephew , I think so especially that is advise, It is very hard for situation hard! not life, that is complication!! rough! I knew experience on life!

Learned today- more Cochlear Implant exercise -shifted to this Friday-East Coast Swing at Toronto Swing Dance Society. Old time music still in vogue!
Triple step exercise.

NTD - National Train Day - May 12 National Train Day 2012

Attendees in New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and Los Angeles will have the chance to tour private luxury railcars, freight and commuter trains, as well as current Amtrak equipment. There will be no ticketing system this year, so be sure to arrive early! Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Exhibits open at 11:00 a.m. on May 12.

Are you an Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard cardholder? If so, follow the Fast-Track signs to skip the line and avoid the wait.

American Sign Language Interpreted Tours for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at 12pm & 2pm.

Cool. Too bad I'm still in the learning stages of my ASL. Plus, I'm planning to meet some other rail fans in Philly. I'll try to remember to keep an eye out though for the signed tours.

Wirelessly posted

Learned one of the ASL signs for walk. Taught it to my dog. Used it to tell her (she's deaf) we were going for a walk this morning. :P

I learned that my local tag office for license plates and title transfers and such is not deaf friendly. In fact, they are downright RUDE. Too bad it's the one closest to me. Ah well, when I have to renew tags again, I will be doing it by mail. If I ever have to go back to their office, I will drive the 20 miles out of my area to go to a friendlier location.

Wirelessly posted

UGH! :mad: That's so unnecessary to treat people so! Sounds like doing renewals by mail would be easier, *and* save you a drive to the friendlier location. Can you renew online? That's what I do. Our state DMV has it set up on their web site, to renew & pay online. Works for me! No service fee, no postage, no rude people. :P

Wirelessly posted

UGH! :mad: That's so unnecessary to treat people so! Sounds like doing renewals by mail would be easier, *and* save you a drive to the friendlier location. Can you renew online? That's what I do. Our state DMV has it set up on their web site, to renew & pay online. Works for me! No service fee, no postage, no rude people. :P

I can renew online, and have done it. I forgot about that option. This trip today I had to go in person as it was a lost title application.

Back