What did you learn today? Part II

How about giving the exact amount of each ingredient? Also, do you have any idea how it would turn out using cow's butter? I have no desire to buy almond butter just for this.
Use the whole bag of chocolate chips. I like almond butter ( 1 cup) never used cow's butter. Create your own version will work. You can google recipes to your liking . My source is low carb on youtube .

Actually learned a couple weeks ago Covid sucks big time ! Wife and I both ended up in the hospital, no longer contageous but had Covid pnuemonia , still cant breathe deep and other complications that can last weeks to months.

Actually learned a couple weeks ago Covid sucks big time ! Wife and I both ended up in the hospital, no longer contageous but had Covid pnuemonia , still cant breathe deep and other complications that can last weeks to months.
I'm sorry that happened to you guys. My whole family has it right now, too. We are mild and for that I am grateful. I hope you and yours make a full recovery soon! All the best

Very scary! Take care of yourself.

I'm sorry that happened to you guys. My whole family has it right now, too. We are mild and for that I am grateful. I hope you and yours make a full recovery soon! All the best

Sorry to hear that, I wish you all well & a speedy recovery.

I leaned to enjoy life careles about the nit picks.

Hi, I'm back. I had Covid (Omicron variant) last Jan 2022 and it wasn't fun at all. It was much worse than colds and flu that I experienced in the past. I was unable to lay down flat and had to sleep at elevated (4 pillows), otherwise I would be drowned.

I hopefully you feel better now.

I'm wonder about what happen to Reba and her hubby? I hopefully both are alright.

Very scary! Take care of yourself.
Hi, I apologized for treat you badly in the past and I learned to treat everyone with respect.

It takes about a year to recover from Omnicron... wife is losing all her hair and Im still short of breath after 5 months still.... it does some wicked shit to your body.

It takes about a year to recover from Omnicron... wife is losing all her hair and Im still short of breath after 5 months still.... it does some wicked shit to your body.
I am so sorry about your wife. I hope she's doing better. Stay safe!

I learned how to make baby formula
13 oz evap milk
20 oz water
2 level table spoons of karo suryp
mix at very low heat just enough to warm it
it makes 6 bottles

13 oz evap milk
20 oz water
it makes 6 bottles
Here is one of many articles about how unsafe homemade baby formula is. Just because the recipe is "on the Internet" doesn't mean it's safe.

Last edited:
13 oz evap milk
20 oz water
it makes 6 bottles
Considering how the years are pilling up for me earlier this morning I went looking about what was used when I was born.

This is way out of date! This recipe has been revived from some articles about what was used in the 1940's and slightly earlier. Soooo much has been learned about what babies need since then. In fact, now they suggest NOT making your own because of things like the nutrients that are missing from these old recipes and the question of contamination because of questions of just how sterile something you make in you kitchen really is.

I have seen formula ingredient before. My parents are from countries and grew up eating meat organs. My dad was raised on milk can/water. He used to hunt squirrels and ate them for meals. My mom was a premature baby and was raised on goat milk/water. My oldest half sister was born in 1959 and was raised on milk can/water. When I was a baby, I was fed with liver. Prior to baby formula shortage, I know a couple of people who made homemade formula from Weston A Price formula. Their kids are fine. You can purchase a book.

I learned oat milk makes a good coffee creamer! I am hooked!

That filling up with $100+ worth of gas is becoming the norm :eek: and now that I've been limiting my driving only to commute and nearby stores.

Oh no! So scary! My son got Covid last month and he was almost sent to the hospital due to not being able to breathe well. The EMTs said that his blood oxygen levels were ok, but please to get an Oximeter. I was like...what? It was because the hospitals around us were full of Covid patients. My daughter got it 3 times since January. So far, my husband and I havent gotten it. *knock on wood*. I am really concerned about my daughter because I read that with each reinfection, it destroys more T-cells. She is only 25 years old and has her whole life ahead of her.

Sounds like you both are experiencing LongCovid. :(

That filling up with $100+ worth of gas is becoming the norm :eek: and now that I've been limiting my driving only to commute and nearby stores.
Yea, we have a huge pick-up truck and it costed $109 to fill it up. We dont drive it much anymore. We just drive the small Jeep. I feel your pain.

Oh no! So scary! My son got Covid last month and he was almost sent to the hospital due to not being able to breathe well. The EMTs said that his blood oxygen levels were ok, but please to get an Oximeter. I was like...what? It was because the hospitals around us were full of Covid patients. My daughter got it 3 times since January. So far, my husband and I havent gotten it. *knock on wood*. I am really concerned about my daughter because I read that with each reinfection, it destroys more T-cells. She is only 25 years old and has her whole life ahead of her.

Sounds like you both are experiencing LongCovid. :(
Yes I got the long covid, its still taken a toll on my breathing since December, it really wears me down

Yea, we have a huge pick-up truck and it costed $109 to fill it up. We dont drive it much anymore. We just drive the small Jeep. I feel your pain.
Mine took $150 and empty same day..... luckily I just got a gas sipper and a $50 fill up goes 425 miles

Back