What did you learn today? Part II

Eddie Van Halen was one of the greatest guitarist of my generation. Thank you for the music!

Eddie stayed at my husband's vacation cabin in New Mexico years ago. He wrote a hilarious comment in the guestbook saying that your cabin is so beautiful, but there are no women out here.

Eddie stayed at my husband's vacation cabin in New Mexico years ago. He wrote a hilarious comment in the guestbook saying that your cabin is so beautiful, but there are no women out here.
Treasure his writing!

People noticed:

1- Some will stop watching sports
2- Some supports the players walkout in 'strike'
3- Some don't even care.

:dunno2:
people got sick of the entitled whiners "taking a knee" i know a lot of sports fans that dropped their teams for being political.... keep it out of sports.

people got sick of the entitled whiners "taking a knee" i know a lot of sports fans that dropped their teams for being political.... keep it out of sports.

Unfortunately, it won't happen. Once something happens... that's when political comes to play. Kappernick pretty much started it then one thing after another.

Unfortunately, it won't happen. Once something happens... that's when political comes to play. Kappernick pretty much started it then one thing after another.
almost everyone I know quit watching sports now... and all these sports are wodering why sales are down.....they are kneeing themselves out of a job...lol

I learned the couple living near me got married.

I learned that my oldest niece is pregnant . I am going to be a great aunt! My niece is HOH there's a chance her baby boy can be deaf or hoh that will be determined upon arrival. I have a hearing loss genetic in my family. My niece is 3rd generation HOH.

Today I learned...I learned that my husband and I may be in for some difficult times. We are close to getting him a Diagnosis of Visual Snow Syndrome. Well this means he is better in light and well lit areas. Where as I have Meniers Disease and I prefer dark or low light as an bright lights trigger my headaches and nausea. We already have arguments over rooms being to dark and light. Unsure how we will find a way to make this work for us both.

Would you wearing tinted lenses in glasses when in a room that is as bright as he prefers help? Maybe not to the point of sunglasses though unless that much is needed.

Would you wearing tinted lenses in glasses when in a room that is as bright as he prefers help? Maybe not to the point of sunglasses though unless that much is needed.
Yes, I need UV400 protection sunglasses. I also need stronger reading glasses, but I no longer need distance. Which is weird since I have needed glasses for distance since I was a about 6 years old.
Husband will most likely need a yellowish tint but unsure as of yet. Just hope that we have found out why he struggles with seeing things even though his vision is almost 20 -- 20 :) it will cause a few issues but I think it will also solve issues for him. Just odd how opposite our eyes are

I learned that my oldest niece is pregnant . I am going to be a great aunt! My niece is HOH there's a chance her baby boy can be deaf or hoh that will be determined upon arrival. I have a hearing loss genetic in my family. My niece is 3rd generation HOH.
Do I remember hearing it skips a generation ?? :hmm:

I hope It all goes well. I think with Deafness being in your family. Your already prepared. But still good luck and u hope all goes well.

The little town of 500 I grew up in is now ghost town, kinda, last I was there years ago looked to be booming new stores ,school expanded 4 or 5 times a big football stadium not just benches, a cool park, now no stores not even grocery or gas, I asked how many were in school same as when I was there about 500, town sign reads population 600, they did have a medical clinic which we never had, I didn't check but it didn't look abandon, what happened? Did they build this big school expecting growth then tax everybody away? They say it died 3 1/2 years ago that's before covid, one wonders? :hmm: :dunno2:

It's never too late to start all over. I quit my job and started my own business without money. Of course, I was terrified but it's impossible to know for sure whether your idea will be successful or not. I took a loan https://maybeloan.com/payday-loans/ga and was working all day and all night. Currently, my business is growing and I am debt-free.

Last edited:
I learned how to make low carb fudge . Very easy to make melt the chocolate chips , add almond butter mix it with the mixture until smooth . Put parchment paper on the glassware dish then pour the mix chocolate chips and almond butter into the dish . Refrigerate for an hour . Top it with white chips and almonds . It's so good!

I learned how to make low carb fudge . Very easy to make melt the chocolate chips , add almond butter mix it with the mixture until smooth . Put parchment paper on the glassware dish then pour the mix chocolate chips and almond butter into the dish . Refrigerate for an hour . Top it with white chips and almonds . It's so good!
How about giving the exact amount of each ingredient? Also, do you have any idea how it would turn out using cow's butter? I have no desire to buy almond butter just for this.

Back