What did you learn today? Part II

No electronic for my pedal assist I drive not, bicycle me

I am sorry. I doubt you will ever get it. I heard people are not getting orders from China lately. I try to avoid purchasing things from China for years.

I am sorry. I doubt you will ever get it. I heard people are not getting orders from China lately. I try to avoid purchasing things from China for years.
i heard that shipments from Japan and South Korea are also on hold. better buy what is still at low pricing that you have been thinking about, such as cameras and computers.

Small ma&pa co. I told them they need to diversify, I hear Nam. getting lot of business know not if that any better, with all our tecies one would think we could build or repair :pissed:

Many merchants coming from Asia areas especially China are put on hold... because workers in China were told to stay home due to Coronavirus and numerous factories remain closed. This causes delays for new electronics such as Iphones and smartphones.

UPS and FedEx made the flights to China voluntarily for pilots to move the shipments there. The volume took a hit as they do not get many package to transport back from China.

Many merchants coming from Asia areas especially China are put on hold... because workers in China were told to stay home due to Coronavirus and numerous factories remain closed. This causes delays for new electronics such as Iphones and smartphones.

UPS and FedEx made the flights to China voluntarily for pilots to move the shipments there. The volume took a hit as they do not get many package to transport back from China.

Are packages overcrowded in factories over there now? The market stock is down around 2%. It seems that global shipping is affecting the economy. I think it's the best time to stock up right now. Lowes near me is busy now! The N95 and P100 facial masks are all gone on the shelves for two months.

Found bad capacitor in my electronic control box,now need find correct replacement:fingersx:
see if you can make a close-up photo of it. maybe there are makings someone can read. if there are color bands or dots, those might mean something, too.

Are packages overcrowded in factories over there now? The market stock is down around 2%. It seems that global shipping is affecting the economy. I think it's the best time to stock up right now. Lowes near me is busy now! The N95 and P100 facial masks are all gone on the shelves for two months.

I'm not sure about the package overcrowded but the source (CNN) says UPS has seen reduced demand for it's service as a result of business closures. There is a lot of "floating quarantines" as some countries such as Australia refuse to allow container ships from China to enter their port.

Shipping companies that carry goods from China to the rest of the world say they are reducing the number of seaborne vessels, as measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus crimp demand for their services and threaten to disrupt global supply chains.

About 80% of world goods trade by volume is carried by sea and China is home to seven of the world's 10 busiest container ports, according to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. Nearby Singapore and South Korea each have a mega port too.

UPS (UPS) and FedEx Express (FDX) said they continue to fly into and out of China. UPS said it has seen reduced demand for its services as a result of business closures.

More here: https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/05/business/shipping-coronavirus-impact/index.html

It's probably good idea to stock up... there is a case near here that 3 university students are in isolation after symptom of coronavirus. They were living together as roommates. It seem to be more widespread all over the countries except Antarctica.

Several counties ordered to shelter in place effective midnight.

Found capacitor yeah found not only problem boo, back to waiting for ports to open, now we're shutting down, get over it :pissed: the cure is worse than the disease

I learned my Tom Brady will be a Qb for Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He gave a great era to the Patriots. The end of the Patriot hater era lol

So, how's everybody doing with this social distancing thing so far?

I've been doing it since around 3/12, if not sooner. That was the day I did my last grocery shopping. I should be good, grocery wise, for another week, except for milk maybe and I can get that at a convenience store.

I do go out for outdoor walks at parks each day. And I have visited my local daughter and her family a few times.

Since restaurants cannot have dine in service in our state, I will continue to do drive-thru or take-out to support these places....and to keep my supply of food from dwindling prematurely. :)

Pretty much the same here....kinda numb, though seeing/hearing about peoples' behavior in these trying times.......

I go out every day looking for some flue to kik it's but but not found or even heard of any around here, if there's something verraulint in your neighborhood who you going to call---woohon flue fighters:nana:

So, how's everybody doing with this social distancing thing so far?

kinda boring not able to go to concerts, events, etc Pretty much a home body , cleaning and organizing lol

Back